Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2018, 08:13:35 AM

Author
Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game (Read 19,549 times)

Kadmon

This forum has a great compilation of information, I've linked it in my article about the game: https://alkony.enerla.net/english/the-nexus/board-games-nexus/board-game/aliens-another-glorious-day-in-the-corps-for-aliens-gf9-from-gale-force-nine-2020-board-game-base-set-review
It's pretty hard to get any hard and fact info on the Aliens game, even though it supposedly comes out in October, and that means that it should get to the factory at most in September, even if the Coronavirus won't delay shipping.

Corporal Hicks


[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kadmon on Jul 26, 2020, 12:43:01 PM
This forum has a great compilation of information, I've linked it in my article about the game: https://alkony.enerla.net/english/the-nexus/board-games-nexus/board-game/aliens-another-glorious-day-in-the-corps-for-aliens-gf9-from-gale-force-nine-2020-board-game-base-set-review
It's pretty hard to get any hard and fact info on the Aliens game, even though it supposedly comes out in October, and that means that it should get to the factory at most in September, even if the Coronavirus won't delay shipping.



Hmm, prodos sculpts in black plastic and with a few alternate parts. I'll have to wait and see what the material actually ends up like, but if it's hard plastic I might end up with several boxes of this gathering dust so I can chop those Aliens up into some more interesting poses.

Corporal Hicks


Gemini

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere on the board but this YouTube vid finally has some solid details about this game as well as Bug Hunt!

https://youtu.be/-0naQLvBGkg

Both games seem really appealing to me, although Another Glorious Day In The Corp naturally seems like a meatier game. It's just a shame that the get the whole experience I'd have to also buy the expansions.

SM

Looks like it plays just like the old Leading Edge game.  Which is nice.

Mr. Clemens

Hmm, might have to get this after all. Just gotta convince my son to play it with me...  :D

Stitch

They both actually look fairly good. And I'm not one for board games.

Gemini

I've only properly got into board games in the past year or so, so the timing is pretty good. Many a night playing the wonderful Legendary Encounters game!
The theme came thorough really strongly in that, although the artwork was hit and miss. Looks similar in Bug Hunt, seems a bit cartoony at times.

Which bits play like the Leading Edge game, out of interest? Some of those rules do sound pretty snazzy, like the aim of your marine going down each time you shoot. and the streamlined way the xenos move together.

Dingbat

Much to my frustration, avp the hunt begins seems to have gotten cancelled just as I got back into this kind of stuff, I'm gonna have to get this, what's more is it seems to come out on my birthday!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Dingbat on Nov 22, 2020, 02:04:49 PM
Much to my frustration, avp the hunt begins seems to have gotten cancelled just as I got back into this kind of stuff, I'm gonna have to get this, what's more is it seems to come out on my birthday!

It died last year, there was a big half-price sale and all.

This looks to be actually much better as a game, mechanically. I just loathe that it's tied to the characters and events of the film, and wonder how simple it would be to make new maps/missions that are reasonably balanced and generic character cards that just detail wargear, not "this model is explicitly Vasquez".

Dingbat

They even had a half price sale?  >:( >:( >:( Now I'm upset! Talk about misfortune!

God, anyway One of my first thoughts was also how to make my own missions, I'm trying to find ways of assembling my own WY Merc battalion to use as either npcs or main caracters for some campaigns.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Dingbat on Nov 22, 2020, 08:16:41 PM
They even had a half price sale?  >:( >:( >:( Now I'm upset! Talk about misfortune!

God, anyway One of my first thoughts was also how to make my own missions, I'm trying to find ways of assembling my own WY Merc battalion to use as either npcs or main caracters for some campaigns.

Your own missions for AvP:THB? Very easy - and the Hot Landing Zone expansion has rules for an all WY force. The wargame version (AvP: Unleashed) requires actual terrain/scenery to work well, but has very open army list creation tools and is not focused on linear missions like the boardgame is.

Dingbat

Given that the battlefield is based on card building floors, it might be fun to have them separate, perhaps with Colonial Marines vs WY Mercs outside and Xenos waiting inside the buildings.Maybe you could set it during a nighttime rainstorm so that the shooting range would be farely low., I guess there would be nothing wrong with using other wargame buildings, depending on the scale if the minis, I hope they're 28mm scale, cos that's all I've got at the moment.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Dingbat on Nov 22, 2020, 08:33:56 PM
Given that the battlefield is based on card building floors, it might be fun to have them separate, perhaps with Colonial Marines vs WY Mercs outside and Xenos waiting inside the buildings.Maybe you could set it during a nighttime rainstorm so that the shooting range would be farely low., I guess there would be nothing wrong with using other wargame buildings, depending on the scale if the minis, I hope they're 28mm scale, cos that's all I've got at the moment.

They're approx.  32mm scale which means 28mm terrain works fine. I'm currently building up a bunch of MDF sci-fi buildings for it and they look fine with the models. However we should probably migrate to the dedicated AvP:THB thread rather than clogging this one up.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed