AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 357,088 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Typing from phone but bear with me.  I'm not in favor of the one alien and pred wrestling match through the whole movie.  Most if the early action would be human vs pred, human vs alien.   Then there would be a short brutal action at the end between the two characters.

Like Samurai facing off.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

All of the above.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 09, 2021, 04:42:44 PM

Typing from phone but bear with me.  I'm not in favor of the one alien and pred wrestling match through the whole movie.  Most if the early action would be human vs pred, human vs alien.   Then there would be a short brutal action at the end between the two characters.

Like Samurai facing off.

Hmm. Like Samurai?

Well, with that approach, it's probably best to not call it AvP. Too many people will undoubtedly complain there's not enough AvP!!! :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm thinking twelve or so minutes with the two stalking each other at the end of the film.  Which would
Be longer than some of their screentime in movies I'm sure.

SiL

SiL

The last act is Dutch vs the Predator except the Predator is Dutch and the Alien is Jungle Hunter.

You're welcome.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Something like that yeah. 

Then in sequels and shit you could expand on the lore and make the engagements bigger with more characters from every faction. 

Master Chief

Master Chief

Folks, you're onto something. 

SiL, since you're going to direct the next one, what was your AvP idea?  If I'm not mistaken, I believe you already had a script.

SiL

SiL

It was just Aliens and Predators fighting in a generic space colony with some security contractors.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

That's honestly the only real way to go about it. Alien and Predator are two distinctly different flavours that to make something exceptional, you'd have to lead into one or the other, but it would shaft the other one. Shame that anime series wasn't real, that's probably a good way to do it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I also really liked Psykore's Predators in his FEAR sp missions/campaigns for AvP2. 

There the Preds were more horror movie adversaries, but were portrayed in a way that they were frightening to encounter.  To his credit no other Pred encounter in any game made me feel that way before or after.

Maybe leaning into them as horror movie monsters might extend/freshen the life of them. 

He didn't really do anything different, but there was no feeling of machoism to break any sort of tension like the movies possess.  And since it was a human only SP campaign, there was no POV from the pred that you could relate to or understand their mission like in AvP2 or the comics, they were just big scary f**kers running around gutting and skinning people.

nanison

nanison

Some loose on the spot thoughts. I'm thinking about an old school universal horror inspired film. The looks of the original frankenstein films with the assymetrical buildings, spooky dead trees and cool camera angles, lightning, thunderstorm, heavy rain and sometimes moments of quiet with a minimalistic creepy soundtrack

A lone predator cruises through space looking for the ultimate trophy, finds a sinister looking planet. It is a ruin of an old civilization, big mysterious elephant headed monstrosities lay scattered across the ship. The pred investigates,  The place is dead but for a lone alien stalking the predator, a game of cat and mouse begins all around the ruins of,what seemed to be a laboratory ( very old school with tubes and bottles and odd brews, mad scientist styled lab. The predator wins after a long and fierce fight, leaves the building when he comes eye to eye with a queen. Meanwhile a storm is raging on the planet with howling spooky winds, weirdly and off shaped rocks and trees and a mist are the new surroundings.there is thunder and lightning. Pred needs his entire arsenal of weapons to hurt the queen but is clearly on the losing side. Hurt and wounded he heads back to his ship, not to run away but to lure the queen into a trap using a hologram to try outsmart the queen
The ships enteriors are equally odd like in predator 2. The pred in the meantime heals himself in the medical bay. In awe of his adversay he ditches all his weapons but his wristblade and fight the queen beast to beast. The queen wins but a distress signal is bleeping in the ship, soon a new warrior will arrive to take on the queen...

No humans, no dialogue, no story.  Just sounds, creepy soundtrack, suspense and odd camera angles. I'm gunning for atmosphere over story here, short film padded out for about 75 min. Keep everything mysterious.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

All of what Kimmy said.

Sol

Sol

I want the SNES plot adapted (and altered here and there). One Predator. And I want all the crazy Alien variants. Dolphin, Gorilla, Bat, Snake, all of it.

Non Earth locale, and no humans are around after the aliens wiped them all out and turned the whole Colony into a hive.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

My idea is, it takes place in the future when there's Weyland Utani running things, so a while after aliens but before alien resurrection. It takes place on a Weyland Utani large space station, they are breeding and experimenting with Xenos and got the eggs from a derelict ship found on one of the many worlds previously inhabited or used by the Engineers. Some time after the aliens have grown to adulthood, The Predators find out about it due to reading passenger signatures as a yutani transport is happening by carrying eggs. The Predators follow the ship and come to find the space station, once finding out there are more Xenomorphs on board the station, the two Predators fly over head and drop down to infiltrate the station and stop the humans and kill the aliens before it becomes uncontrollable. The two Predators make short work of the humans as they traverse the three levels/floors of the station and come to the holding cells of the xenos. One of the Predators releases a door to a holding cell and kills a Xenomorph inside, but does not notice the one hiding on the ceiling of the cell right above him...He quickly tries to parry the attack of the Xenomorph which throws the alien out of the cell and into the power controls causing a 3rd floor power shutdown, releasing the doors to the holding cells. Chaos quickly ensues and the two Predators are left to fight 15 cells worth of xenos. Hopelessly outnumbered they have to kill them all and escape or die trying...That's just my thoughts anyway. The predator designs would be similar to Predator 2 and 1 and the xenos would be like big chap and also a few warriors from aliens and some Dog aliens as the science team was experimenting with different animals. there would also be an additional few floors to this space station with surviving humans who would also be trying to get out alive. Let me know what you think!

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I want an AVPIII to be in 2100 or later. I want to see The Pred and Xeno fight in the future worlds and colonies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed