Started by Billiken, Aug 05, 2022, 01:25:36 PM

Author
Blu Ray release (Read 48,810 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Here's hoping!

ModMonkey

ModMonkey

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Nov 22, 2022, 12:43:34 AMThere is a rumor going around that Hocus Pocus 2, released as a Disney+ exclusive, is going to be coming out on Blu-ray/4K. And didn't some recent Pixar movies released as Disney+ exclusives get physical releases as well?

Some movies/shows will get a release, like Obi-wan recently has and a few others. Unfortunately, Obi-wan is being released DVD only with no bonus features, possibly to protect the draw of the higher quality streaming content and because the sad state of the home video market is that DVD stil strangely outsells Blu-ray and I'm not really sure where 4K sales are at right now.

Get Back got a Blu-ray release but that probably has more to do with Apple Corp wanting a physical copy out in the world, and the Star Wars content on DVD may be a contractual thing as well.

Lots of factors play into it. Home video is no longer the cash cow it once was, sadly. I'll never understand, though, why a MOD model like Warner Archive has, or licensing it out to a boutique studio like Shout! Factory or Arrow Video, isn't just a go-to with streamers for the die-hard collector market, though.

Engineer

Engineer

https://twitter.com/kendrickpejoro/status/1595563718225502208?s=46&t=L4XFBE5qJIDBcWArkcUGRA

He's still teasing something "Prey" related. Definitely wasn't the "Hunting Grounds" update...

Dr. Von Predator

Dr. Von Predator

Could be a NECA Naru and Sarii figure. That's just an assumption based on the specific hashtag of the characters. 🤷🏽
Quote from: Engineer on Nov 24, 2022, 02:04:05 PMhttps://twitter.com/kendrickpejoro/status/1595563718225502208?s=46&t=L4XFBE5qJIDBcWArkcUGRA

He's still teasing something "Prey" related. Definitely wasn't the "Hunting Grounds" update...

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

its definitely possible, could be anything at this point.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Dr. Von Predator on Nov 24, 2022, 09:03:26 PMCould be a NECA Naru and Sarii figure. That's just an assumption based on the specific hashtag of the characters. 🤷🏽
Quote from: Engineer on Nov 24, 2022, 02:04:05 PMhttps://twitter.com/kendrickpejoro/status/1595563718225502208?s=46&t=L4XFBE5qJIDBcWArkcUGRA

I think he's tweeting those tags because they are in the movie. Simple as that. Not too much to dig in to there.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 25, 2022, 10:38:59 PM
Quote from: Dr. Von Predator on Nov 24, 2022, 09:03:26 PMCould be a NECA Naru and Sarii figure. That's just an assumption based on the specific hashtag of the characters. 🤷🏽

I think he's tweeting those tags because they are in the movie. Simple as that. Not too much to dig in to there.

Agreed

Dr. Von Predator

Dr. Von Predator

So, I have a friend who co-wrote a Hulu exclusive (don't want to name in case this information isn't supposed to be public knowledge, and don't want them to get in trouble for it) but I inquired about a blu-ray for it. While he's in the dark when it comes to how they handle that department, he does know the deal for their exclusive was no physical media or theatrical release. However long it remains a Hulu exclusive remains to be seen. Could be for a limited time, could be permanent. With that said, I'm thinking this could be the same for PREY. In shorter words: No blu-ray/4K release for the foreseeable future.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Dr. Von Predator on Dec 13, 2022, 10:43:05 PMSo, I have a friend who co-wrote a Hulu exclusive (don't want to name in case this information isn't supposed to be public knowledge, and don't want them to get in trouble for it) but I inquired about a blu-ray for it. While he's in the dark when it comes to how they handle that department, he does know the deal for their exclusive was no physical media or theatrical release. However long it remains a Hulu exclusive remains to be seen. Could be for a limited time, could be permanent. With that said, I'm thinking this could be the same for PREY. In shorter words: No blu-ray/4K release for the foreseeable future.

Well that just sucks, doesn't it?

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Cougerboy on Dec 15, 2022, 01:48:17 AM
Quote from: Dr. Von Predator on Dec 13, 2022, 10:43:05 PMSo, I have a friend who co-wrote a Hulu exclusive (don't want to name in case this information isn't supposed to be public knowledge, and don't want them to get in trouble for it) but I inquired about a blu-ray for it. While he's in the dark when it comes to how they handle that department, he does know the deal for their exclusive was no physical media or theatrical release. However long it remains a Hulu exclusive remains to be seen. Could be for a limited time, could be permanent. With that said, I'm thinking this could be the same for PREY. In shorter words: No blu-ray/4K release for the foreseeable future.

Prey streams on Disney plus in some countries aswell but I think disney owns hulu any so this probably means nothing. Isnt hulu free with a Disney membership aswell?

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

It's just been announced that Paramount is releasing seasons 1 & 2 of The Great, a HULU exclusive series, on Blu-ray. Looking it up, it seems that Paramount is a distributor for the series so that's why they have the rights to release Blu-rays for it. But again, another HULU exclusive getting a physical release. There's always a chance.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: bobcunk on Dec 26, 2022, 03:15:33 AM

Prey streams on Disney plus in some countries aswell but I think disney owns hulu any so this probably means nothing. Isnt hulu free with a Disney membership aswell?

So perhaps it comes down to how long this Hulu exclusive deal last. Is it meant to last forever or only for a set duration? Who knows, with the changes in Disney upper management and the return of Bob Iger and firing of Bob Chapek, they might re-consider this streaming-only approach...hopefully.

Dr. Von Predator

Dr. Von Predator

I just think all this Prey teasing that Ken guy on Twitter posts is more about other stuff. Cavity Colors teased Prey merch, so that could be one of them. Basically, not sure we get a blu-ray for a very long while, which is an absolute bummer because, as much as I'm in the minority of enjoying The Predator for what it was, I would HATE for that to be the last blu-ray in the franchise.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Cougerboy on Dec 28, 2022, 09:25:01 AM

So perhaps it comes down to how long this Hulu exclusive deal last. Is it meant to last forever or only for a set duration? Who knows, with the changes in Disney upper management and the return of Bob Iger and firing of Bob Chapek, they might re-consider this streaming-only approach...hopefully.
doe the majority of the general public care? If its only collectors and hard core movie buffs then Disney may not think it would be profitable do do physical releases anymore, look at Cds, most people don't use them because it can be easier to use an mp3 player. I think alot of people prefer streaming because you can have accses to 1000s if movies and not have to lug around those old huge cd albums. I don't really think about it anymore and try to just go along with whatever.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: bobcunk on Jan 12, 2023, 12:23:03 AM
Quote from: Cougerboy on Dec 28, 2022, 09:25:01 AM

doe the majority of the general public care? If its only collectors and hard core movie buffs then Disney may not think it would be profitable do do physical releases anymore, look at Cds, most people don't use them because it can be easier to use an mp3 player. I think alot of people prefer streaming because you can have accses to 1000s if movies and not have to lug around those old huge cd albums. I don't really think about it anymore and try to just go along with whatever.

Where is the evidence that says the general public does not care? Predator Blu-ray and DVDs are still sold, if no one buys them the "hard copy" way, why would they still offer blue-ray and DVD of those movies?

Where is the evidence that no one will buy DVD or blu-rays just because there is now streaming? That's just your own opinion with nothing to back that up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed