"This Is As Far As You Go," Reviewing Prey – AvP Galaxy Podcast #150

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 31, 2022, 10:57:19 AM

Author
"This Is As Far As You Go," Reviewing Prey – AvP Galaxy Podcast #150 (Read 3,331 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 150th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! In our milestone 150th episode, podcast regulars Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Xenomorphine are joined once again by Omegamorph to discuss the fifth film in the Predator series, the recently released Prey!

"This Is As Far As You Go," Reviewing Prey – AvP Galaxy Podcast #150

US Poster

We discuss the heroes journey, the new Feral Predator design, Sarah Schachner’s score, Orange totsiyaa and plenty more!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunes, PodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a rating and review on whichever platform you're using!

And if you'd rather see our beautiful faces, as always, the video version of the podcast is also available on the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy YouTube channel!

Over the next several episodes we’ll be talking to the cast and crew involved in making Prey a reality, so be sure to keep an eye out for our next uploads!

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

Kradan

GreybackElder

Nice!! Can't wait to dive in.

Kradan

Komenja

Hicks coming right out with the mask on, lol! Got me real good. I have that same one, too!

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Komenja on Aug 31, 2022, 12:03:57 PMHicks coming right out with the mask on, lol! Got me real good. I have that same one, too!

It was a glorious moment which could only have been improved by us collectively singing a karaoke version of 'Long Tall Sally'.

Next time, though...

BIOROBOT

Cosmic Incubation

Good episode and review, guys!

Was nice to see everyone in high spirits about a new movie  :D

BlueMarsalis79

I just hope I get to add it to my physical collection.

OmegaZilla

I'll have to apologize here about the very bad conditions of my feed that day, there was a heat wave and my pc wasn't collaborating at all

Also I'm dumb and I missed the flower bit at the end - probably should've watched the movie 2x before doing the podcast but I didn't have the time

I'll look more professional in future podcasts  :)

Mr.Turok

I love this episode, great listen while driving to and from work! Gotta point out somethings that ya'll brought up and made me realize some cool details missed in the film.

1. Color symbolism: Naru and Feral are the blue and red opposites of each other, and literally. Both are young hunters of their respective sides who wish to prove themselves. Notice that with the secondary colors of brown and black, earthly colors but if you notice Feral's skin color is red; symbolizing power, strength, and in his case death and brutality. If you see Naru's outfit it has blue color markings, standing for cool, calm, and calculating.

2. David and Goliath beats: It's not even taking the themes of using smarts to defeat a larger opponent but it has some beats from the biblically story too, namely the final battle.

QuoteDavid was brave and volunteered to fight Goliath. He persuaded King Saul to let him go fight and decided not to wear any of King Saul's armor. David carried his sling and gathered five smooth stones.

Naru plans out and prepares for the final battle.

QuoteGoliath laughed at David, but David responded that even though Goliath had a sword and spear, he came in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel.

Feral has shield and spear, answering her challenge. Naru comes for vengance of her brother and to complete the Kühtaamia ritual of her people.

QuoteDavid put a rock in his sling and swung one of the rocks at Goliath's head.

By the point of the fight, Feral has no idea that he is loading the rocks of David for him, which is the bolts that Naru will have Feral use against himself.

QuoteThe rock sank into the giant's forehead, and he fell.

Feral's speargun bolt goes into his head and he falls dead.

QuoteDavid then picked up Goliath's sword and used it to kill Goliath and cut off his head.

Naru collect's Ferals head and takes it home to present for all to see the beast is dead.

Every time I look back, there is always some neat little details here and there that the film always hands out to me and it's just adds so much to the quality of the writing. Hopefully the next podcast will review the Predator Eyes of the Demon novel?

Feral_PRED

Great episode guys!

Sarah Schachner's score really grew on me and I find myself humming Naru's theme almost every day.

Very excited to listen to your upcoming episodes on Prey.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Feral_PRED on Sep 08, 2022, 12:30:51 AMSarah Schachner's score really grew on me and I find myself humming Naru's theme almost every day.
Oh agreed. I've been listening to some of it and the nuanced callbacks to the Silvestri theme are just the icing on top, really good score!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed