Prey Predator 2 flintlock pistol was made by a fan in the movie

Started by frasermaxx, Aug 15, 2022, 11:24:57 AM

Author
Prey Predator 2 flintlock pistol was made by a fan in the movie (Read 7,053 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 18, 2022, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: Billiken on Aug 18, 2022, 11:03:03 AMUnfortunately I still haven't seen this movie lol. My girlfriend who had Hulu broke up with me

Have you considered ... other ways ? Yarrr

Raphael Adolini approves!

Billiken

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 18, 2022, 11:24:05 AM"You're just using me for Hulu!"

But seriously I'm sorry to hear that Billiken.

Lol thanks. The movie will cheer me up

Cougerboy

Now I really want to know how that pistol will end up with Greyback in a future sequel...

shadowedge

Not having a Predator Bible at 20th Century/Disney is concerning since Fox did have one for A/P/AVP. Hopefully they still have it somewhere after the buyouy.

Corporal Hicks

They do have a bible. But it's for people who work on the EU/licensed products. Entirely separate divisions.

Master Chief

Such a missed opportunity.  The flintlock deserved better.  :'(

Lost_Hunter

Agreed, belongs in a pirate story. French Indian War would be a good idea for a sequel.

shadowedge

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2022, 02:38:27 PMThey do have a bible. But it's for people who work on the EU/licensed products. Entirely separate divisions.

Ah good to hear thanks!

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

A few interesting tidbits in this.

There is no lore bible, even at the studio, so fans complaining about contradicting lore in the all the media doesn't matter. If the studio doesn't have it nailed down, why should the consumer/fans know better?

And props (pun intended) to Neny Dee. That is so cool to have one of your creations be featured in the films.

Corporal Hicks says the EU people have a lore bible. Why would the studio not have one for the movies though? That doesn't make any sense unless the EU bible is just a bunch of what amounts to Wikia articles

SiL

Because the films make the lore and can do what they want. The EU has to follow suit.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Aug 19, 2022, 01:54:12 AMBecause the films make the lore and can do what they want. The EU has to follow suit.

Ultimately it's this. During the second golden-age the people who ran the EU at Fox put effort into trying to keep it all coherent because they know that fans enjoy that kind of thing. The film-makers can do whatever they want. It's just the way of things and has been for a long time and will continue to be for a long time.

frasermaxx

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2022, 07:55:21 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 19, 2022, 01:54:12 AMBecause the films make the lore and can do what they want. The EU has to follow suit.

Ultimately it's this. During the second golden-age the people who ran the EU at Fox put effort into trying to keep it all coherent because they know that fans enjoy that kind of thing. The film-makers can do whatever they want. It's just the way of things and has been for a long time and will continue to be for a long time.
True that!

Podbreaker

Podbreaker

How good would you feel, being that fan, for the film makers to contact you asking to borrow one of your fandom pieces!

Thanks also for the link to the Peter Briggs article!..only just read his entry in EYES OF THE DEMON...it was so much fun...recommend the book to anyone who hasn't read it yet!

bobcunk

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 07:47:55 AM
Quote from: Master on Aug 16, 2022, 07:00:22 AMdo those even count as mimicking? Wasnt he recording their voices and playing it back? This one he seemed to be just saying those to lines.
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 15, 2022, 10:23:23 PMI watched Predator 2 right after Prey. Boy that was jarring. Prey is so realistic, like Nolan films, while Pred 2 is very Early 90's and has too much silliness. I liked the Feral Pred not copying/mimicking people, that worled in the first films, but it now seems silly.   
Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2022, 05:02:06 AMCopying people can be incredibly creepy if used properly. It was just played for laughs in the sequel but that hardly means the concept is silly.

"Over here" isn't chilling because it's novel, it's chilling because you don't know if it's the Predator or Mac saying it.

Idk. 'Danny boy' was creepy as f**k.

The scene that really scares me is when City Hunter is killing the armed drug men at the beginning and then they discover the skinned man hanging upside down.

What took away from Pred being scarier, is his "Shit Happens," and "Motherf*cker!" Lines. They feel cheesy, oppose to Jungle Hunter's "What the Hell Are You?"

Mr.Turok

Man, I really wish for a functional Raphael flintlock pistol replica, shame there isn't any around for sale. I know there are people who can be commissioned to make one, but I don't got that kind of cash on me. Or rather, I'm not yet ready to spend that much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed