Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 315,134 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Another type of Predator? Thankfully it is not a "Bigger and Badder" one.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It seems not. At least not bigger.

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 28, 2022, 03:18:27 PM
Quotehate to break it to you... but the whole movie is fake.. so
Childish response, bravo.

It's a movie, you want to see great effects and be immersed. When you see a bad effect it takes you out of the experience or looks silly.

No effect is perfect and a lot depends on how it's shot but the original 2 films set a pretty high bar that all the rest have missed.

childish response to a childish complaint. adi is one of the better creature shops in hollywood. granted some of the avp mandibles had some questionable angles but there's a reason hollywood keeps coming back to them to make predators.

most people that piss and moan on here about "crabators" or whatever seem to have a lack of concept of what goes into monster making in hollywood.

what's worse are the people whine about the design and how it's never what the original is.

fact of the matter is we are sitting on our computers complaining about an art piece someone else put together. if it hurts you so much, quit your job, hop on a plane to LA and join the industry. come on over and make a difference.

i actually like most of the designs and i try not to watch the movie with a magnifying glass.   

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Jun 29, 2022, 01:14:28 AM

It's a movie, you want to see great effects and be immersed. When you see a bad effect it takes you out of the experience or looks silly.

No effect is perfect and a lot depends on how it's shot but the original 2 films set a pretty high bar that all the rest have missed.

childish response to a childish complaint. adi is one of the better creature shops in hollywood. granted some of the avp mandibles had some questionable angles but there's a reason hollywood keeps coming back to them to make predators.

most people that piss and moan on here about "crabators" or whatever seem to have a lack of concept of what goes into monster making in hollywood.

what's worse are the people whine about the design and how it's never what the original is.

fact of the matter is we are sitting on our computers complaining about an art piece someone else put together. if it hurts you so much, quit your job, hop on a plane to LA and join the industry. come on over and make a difference.

i actually like most of the designs and i try not to watch the movie with a magnifying glass. 

Sorry if I like to see good effects and am passionate about my favorite franchises. There is a whole thread here for appreciating ADI's many talents, its not like they dont get praised all the time for many of their effects. But when its comes to the predator they don't muster up for me and i'm going to come here and talk about it. So I don't know who sh*t in your corn flakes this morning but you can keep the hostile attitude, please put me on ignore and I'll do the same for you.

I like to discuss the things I like and the things don't in good measure without being fan-shamed, kind of the point in coming here.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 28, 2022, 09:16:17 PMAnother type of Predator? Thankfully it is not a "Bigger and Badder" one.

I wonder how different can be a Predator from another hemisphere of their home world. I mean beyond physical appearance: different traditions, ancestry, language, history, society, culture, nation, religion, etc?

Manti

Manti

"If you dont like it, do it better yourself" is one of the dumbest "arguments" of all time.
I dont need to be a trained chef to know when im served shitty, undercooked food. I dont need to be a best-selling author to know when a plot doesnt make any sense at all.
Also, you are basically saying we should just watch every movie and be happy, no matter what we see? You do know that criticizing things (ofc in a rational and calm manner) is the only way to ever get improvement on anything, right?

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Manti on Jun 29, 2022, 01:15:30 PM

"If you dont like it, do it better yourself" is one of the dumbest "arguments" of all time.
I dont need to be a trained chef to know when im served shitty, undercooked food. I dont need to be a best-selling author to know when a plot doesnt make any sense at all.
Also, you are basically saying we should just watch every movie and be happy, no matter what we see? You do know that criticizing things (ofc in a rational and calm manner) is the only way to ever get improvement on anything, right?
Quote from: Manti on Jun 29, 2022, 01:15:30 PM

if you don't like the food then stop eating at the restaurant and complaining about it.

can't speak for everyone on here but it's not always rational.. or calm.

we haven't even seen this movie yet. way too many people are up in arms over an egg that hasn't even hatched yet.

Corporal Hicks

Criticism is allowed on these boards. They are discussion boards. If someone doesn't like an aspect of the film, as long as it's discussed in a mature manner, we have no issues with it. We do have issues with people trying to dictate to others what they are allowed to discuss, though. So let's move on.

Wweyland

Wweyland

So who is getting Hulu in order to see this? Not sure it's even available where I am.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Already have Disney+ so it'll be there for me on August 5th. 

Though I wonder what time things debut at, will it be 12am my time or is it something like 12am PST or something

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 30, 2022, 11:40:55 AMSo who is getting Hulu in order to see this? Not sure it's even available where I am.

I thought Netflix would be my first purchase of a pay channel (amazon prime excluded) for the ALIEN series.

This looks so good it will be Hulu for Prey. :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I'll be getting hulu just for this :-\

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 30, 2022, 11:44:18 AMAlready have Disney+ so it'll be there for me on August 5th.

Though I wonder what time things debut at, will it be 12am my time or is it something like 12am PST or something

If they do it like they do with new episodes of the Marvel and Star Wars shows then most likely 8am UK time, aka midnight PST. They're very "America-centric" when it comes to exactly when they put new stuff up to watch.

PredatorvsAliens

man i just hope we get a 4k blu ray release

Kailem

Kailem

It'd be four k's more than I'm expecting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed