Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,121 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I just wanna see the Predator already goddamn it. Please make it stop. I just wanna see it!

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

So... anyone expecting the Pred to survive in the end?

[cancerblack]

Depends whether the main pred is a young Greyback or not, I guess.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on May 20, 2022, 12:44:08 AMSo... anyone expecting the Pred to survive in the end?

They never do, so I don't see why this would be different.

Corporal Hicks

If it is Greyback...it'd be a nice change of pace.

SiL

SiL

Would be interesting to see.

The Predator surviving doesn't even need to mean the protagonist dies or loses. If Harrigan hadn't chased City Hunter he could've got in the ship and gone home (I say "could" because he's killed by his peers in earlier script drafts).

Corporal Hicks

Which is something I'd still be interested to see on screen - killed by their leaders specifically.

skhellter

skhellter

I've noticed that the "Prey 2022 is ripping off this old fan film" meme is being shared around a lot recently.
(And when the film comes out, it'll get shared even more). 

It'll be useful to make an article to point out that "Predators hunting native Americans" is an old idea in the franchise and that the fan film didn't come up with it from thin air.

[cancerblack]

It's first brought up in the novelization of the original, no?

Never seen a fan film that goes historical with it except the crusader one though, surely that's not what they mean?

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 20, 2022, 11:46:51 AMnever seen a fan film that goes historical with it except the crusader one though, surely that's not what they mean?

no. they mean the "Warrior: Predator" fan film.

[cancerblack]

A quick google does show a similar premise. Can't say I give a shit though tbh.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2022, 07:50:57 AMIf it is Greyback...it'd be a nice change of pace.

Are there any rumors hinting at this Predator being Greyback? Or is just speculation based on the time period?

I personally don't think any director or writer is aware of the lore to make that connection. But I'm a pessimist, so.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 20, 2022, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2022, 07:50:57 AMIf it is Greyback...it'd be a nice change of pace.

Are there any rumors hinting at this Predator being Greyback? Or is just speculation based on the time period?

I personally don't think director or writer is aware of the lore make that connection. But I'm a pessimist, so.
I think there was a rumour that the FX team bought several replicas of the pistol from the end of P2

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on May 20, 2022, 12:44:08 AMSo... anyone expecting the Pred to survive in the end?

Nope. Having the Predator survive for the first time against the first live-action female lead in the franchise wouldn't send a great message.

If Greyback's in the film he'll be hunting people off to the side with the rest of his group and only show up briefly, a la the Lost Tribe at the end of P2. So he might well be there, and we might get our flintlock nod (perhaps we might get a scene of multiple Predators hunting a group of people, then the main one singles out Naru for the remainder of the film), but there's no way he's going to be the main antagonist.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: skhellter on May 20, 2022, 10:56:07 AMI've noticed that the "Prey 2022 is ripping off this old fan film" meme is being shared around a lot recently.
(And when the film comes out, it'll get shared even more). 

It'll be useful to make an article to point out that "Predators hunting native Americans" is an old idea in the franchise and that the fan film didn't come up with it from thin air.

I believe it's already been pointed out by Mr H and others that Prey had been in development years before that fan film.

May 22, 2022, 07:15:22 AM

Quote from: The Shuriken on May 20, 2022, 03:13:16 PM

I personally don't think any director or writer is aware of the lore to make that connection. But I'm a pessimist, so.

The person who took the "Skulls" set pics said one of the crew members revealed the film involves the Flintlock.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed