Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 313,163 times)

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 22, 2021, 12:29:17 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 22, 2021, 12:26:44 AM
I want Adam Driver in a Predator film.

Hang on, I'll add him on IMDB. ;)

Fans of Driver go to Skulls and think the guy playing the Pred is Driver.

Voodoo:

Voodoo there is DEW for you!:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 21, 2021, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 20, 2021, 10:51:26 PM
I want a deepfake version of the Predator scene where he removes his mask, only to reveal Nicolas Cage's face smiling crazy like in Face/Off

Then watch Nicholas Gage beat the living Carp out of Arnie. XD

Not really  ;D
Spoiler
[close]

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 22, 2021, 01:12:41 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 21, 2021, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 20, 2021, 10:51:26 PM
I want a deepfake version of the Predator scene where he removes his mask, only to reveal Nicolas Cage's face smiling crazy like in Face/Off

Then watch Nicholas Gage beat the living Carp out of Arnie. XD

Not really  ;D
Spoiler
[close]

How about Cage vs Cage, one is Dutch, the other is Jungle Hunter Yautja. ;)

hoffmanstokes

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 22, 2021, 12:06:48 AM
Shocking new cast listing on IMDb...

Kyle Strauts    ...    Predator

just because he got a sweatshirt and reposted someone else's photo of the clapper on his instagram doesn't mean he's the predator in this film... remember Jeff Cutter never tagged him. nothings been announced yet.

I also remember Kyle listed himself as the predator in the last movie on imdb... and we all remember what happened there.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Sep 22, 2021, 05:15:55 AM

just because he got a sweatshirt and reposted someone else's photo of the clapper on his instagram doesn't mean he's the predator in this film... remember Jeff Cutter never tagged him. nothings been announced yet.

I also remember Kyle listed himself as the predator in the last movie on imdb... and we all remember what happened there.

What happened? His scenes were cut? I'm not certain how that applies.

But about Kyle being in Skulls, there's probably a couple dozen posts regarding Kyle captured in these threads, but here are some relevant ones I think:

From what's been revealed to us publicly, Kyle arrived in Alberta in the timeframe filming was supposed to begin, left in the timeframe filming was supposed to end, gave us plenty of scenic Alberta Instagram stories in between including a couple of off-set shots with a couple of "Skulls" cast/crew members. So I think at this point, Kyle in "Skulls" is a very reasonable conclusion. :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I can't believe it's even being argued.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

More than one actor for one predator is not a new thing, it's totally possible here. Or there is even more than one predator, who knows.

SiL

SiL

Thus just got me thinking - was there a stunt actors in the original Predator? I think that was the only film where a Predator was played exclusively by one person. I imagine Voodoo can correct me.

EDIT

Scrap that, the red suit acrobatics I'm pretty sure weren't Hall.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yes sir. Stan Winston's Predator crew was a small team, with only one character actor (Kevin Peter Hall) and one person of Kevin Peter Hall's stature. For a full film I would believe they would have to consider alternates, but their Predator work was considered "reshoots" with only 2-3 weeks originally designated I recall. Stan celebrated Kevin too, that he never had to lose a shot in those "Predator" reshoots because Kevin couldn't handle it anymore. Not one shot lost. KPH is just a legend. :)

But the red FX suits, yeah, it's also my understanding as well that some stunt guys wore some red suits, but I've never found the precise people named in text or credits.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I have a feeling that Wyatt Weed said it was the stunt co-ordinator (I know he worked on P2, but he knew the guy from P1). Brian Johnson?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2021, 02:01:32 PM
I have a feeling that Wyatt Weed said it was the stunt co-ordinator (I know he worked on P2, but he knew the guy from P1). Brian Johnson?

I'll have to give that podcast a re-listen ASAP!

hoffmanstokes

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 22, 2021, 10:54:36 AM
Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Sep 22, 2021, 05:15:55 AM

What happened? His scenes were cut? I'm not certain how that applies.

But about Kyle being in Skulls, there's probably a couple dozen posts regarding Kyle captured in these threads, but here are some relevant ones I think:

From what's been revealed to us publicly, Kyle arrived in Alberta in the timeframe filming was supposed to begin, left in the timeframe filming was supposed to end, gave us plenty of scenic Alberta Instagram stories in between including a couple of off-set shots with a couple of "Skulls" cast/crew members. So I think at this point, Kyle in "Skulls" is a very reasonable conclusion. :)

Sounds like he was the double or something.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Kyle Strauts representation says he's being the "title character", but who knows...

* Kyle & Dane could be sharing joint Predator duties since they are the same height.

* "Skulls" may not be a sole Predator hunting story but rather a dual hunters story.

* Perhaps Dane was a Bear and/or Sasquatch and/or Predator backup and Kyle had main Predator duties... or vice-versa.

ace3g

ace3g

New Pred design revealed

Also check out Kyle's hoodie in the attachment, lol

IATSE one of the main movie production unions in Canada might go on strike.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 22, 2021, 11:20:03 PM
Also check out Kyle's hoodie in the attachment, lol

:laugh: I love it!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed