MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,192,646 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Speaking of which, I would've been happy if MCU had just moved on after "the snap" without trying to reverse it back to status quo

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 03, 2021, 05:04:12 PM
Speaking of which, I would've been happy if MCU had just moved on after "the snap" without trying to reverse it back to status quo

What I was hoping for was a few years / a whole phase of post-snap Marvel movies depicting Earth and the universe after Thanos (like what we got to see in the beginning of Endgame). And it would have been a perfect time to introduce a Thunderbolts movie considering the shortage of heroes post-snap. A missed opportunity for sure, in my opinion!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'd mostly be interested in using this new "multiverse" that's been spawned to server a lot of direct, mandated continuity in general and give filmmakers the ability to really take characters/stories in new directions with new filmmaming styles that don't always have to feel like they're building up to the "next big thing."

Marvel overall has been much more consistent in quality than DC, but I do have a lot of appreciation for just how distinct from one another most of the DC movies feel. Even if they aren't for me (I really do not like Zack Snyder, for example), they feel unique in and of themselves which is cool.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 03, 2021, 05:30:58 PM
I really do not like Zack Snyder, for example

Nothing wrong with that

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 03, 2021, 04:26:30 PM
Yeah, a 2023 likely air date to me is too long to saturate for such a cliffhanger with not one fully complete arc. The journey came up too empty (for me).

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 03, 2021, 03:35:09 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 03, 2021, 01:25:32 PM
Really enjoyed the series, but hated the cliffhanger ending.
That was a cliffhanger to you?  Back in my day, there was a movie where a villain defeated Earth's mightiest heroes and proceeded to kill half of all life in the universe with a single snap of his fingers and smiled about it on his farm.  And that was the end of the movie.

First, Infinity War and Endgame was filmed back-to-back, hence my point up there.  😁👆

However, even with that said, for me "Avengers: Infinity War" had a very satisfying conclusion (even if Endgame would have taken 5 years to come.) Infinity War felt very much like it was Thanos' movie, Thanos' story. And his quest & mission, no matter the cost, was won by time credits rolled. His arc felt completed when he exhaled in the sun's glow, and I left the theater 100% satisfied.

Same.  I was Team Thanos all the way! haha I had some friends that weren't feeling too good after after Infinity War, though.  8)

But back to Loki, I was pleased with the ending and didn't find it suspenseful at all.

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

First episode reminded me a lot of
Spoiler
the first Hellboy. 8)
[close]

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Spoiler

[close]

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Super Peggy busting up Nazis for half an hour was extremely my jam.

ace3g

ace3g

So a preVFX trailer leaked today for No Way Home.  Shouldn't take too long for studio to release complete trailer.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 22, 2021, 11:22:28 PM
So a preVFX trailer leaked today for No Way Home.  Shouldn't take too long for studio to release complete trailer.

Spoiler
Doctor Strange 1.5: Spider-Man's Interdimensional Adventure
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Rumor has it that it's coming tomorrow. Anything neat from the leaked trailer?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Aug 22, 2021, 11:35:31 PM

Rumor has it that it's coming tomorrow. Anything neat from the leaked trailer?

Spoiler

Shasvre

Shasvre

That video is gone. :D

I saw a version someone recorded with their phone, from their screen. Some of the lines confirm this Reddit leak from July as true.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Can't wait for Tobey to drop the "With great power..." line on Tom. ;D ;D ;D
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed