August/September Update

Started by molasar, Aug 19, 2020, 02:43:03 PM

Author
August/September Update (Read 39,366 times)

Kailem

Kailem

This time he wins the arm wrestling match! :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 19, 2020, 07:49:31 PM
This time he wins the arm wrestling match! :laugh:

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Guess I was right in a way, both update and DLC will come out at the same time. Wonder what the paid DLC is going to be? I hope its a new Fireteam class cuz its the cherry on the top with all this Fireteam love that the update is getting!

And as for the new gun:

Please...for the love of all that is Paya the conquering warrior.....

Let it be some kind of cool plasma weapon.....

A prototype plasma gun if it must be it! Looks just like ones in Terminator, please breathe life into me! 

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Another shot of the new map posted to their social media:

Looking like this new map might have a cave system. Could make for some pretty tense engagements.

Kailem

Kailem

I'm liking the amount of verticality there seems to be there, for both the Predator and the fireteam. That should definitely make for some interesting fights

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Until you fireteam character falls....

Help me up man!  Come on!  I'm bleeding out!!!

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 20, 2020, 03:51:07 PM

Well at that point I, the polite predator, come in and lift him up by his skull and spine  :D

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Unfortunately your Fireteam character will never be ready for every single encounter. My sniper scout build is a strong one that sniped many Preds in their netted buttocks but there will always be a Pred out there that can find and gut me and even then I block/knife them so good that my team has a better advantage against it after my death. 

Honestly the new Fireteam tools will really give an edge in matches as usually Preds win more often. Those stand still cloaked Preds now gotta be smarter with that tactic when the De-Cloaking Bomb hits the trees. 

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 19, 2020, 08:36:36 PM
And as for the new gun:
Please...for the love of all that is Paya the conquering warrior.....
Let it be some kind of cool plasma weapon.....

"Hey! Just what ya see here, pal."

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So is this new mode being teased possibly the data mined lone wolf mode?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 20, 2020, 08:23:16 PM

Unfortunately your Fireteam character will never be ready for every single encounter. My sniper scout build is a strong one that sniped many Preds in their netted buttocks but there will always be a Pred out there that can find and gut me and even then I block/knife them so good that my team has a better advantage against it after my death. 

Honestly the new Fireteam tools will really give an edge in matches as usually Preds win more often. Those stand still cloaked Preds now gotta be smarter with that tactic when the De-Cloaking Bomb hits the trees.

I never use the trees anymore as a Predator. I find it always leaves me too vulnerable. Landing upon or hiding behind rocks, hills and structures via lots of jumping has been my preferred m.o.

Kailem

Kailem

Conversely I love using the trees, and this will not stop me! I fear no anti-cloak!!

Galactus123

Galactus123

I'm a bit disappointed that its another jungle map. I wish they would make a forest map. Like the forests in AvP:R.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Lmao. I basically ignore the cloak, I'm less hunter more warrior. I also Don't know how it works, people spot me while crouching anyway, so I just don't know

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 21, 2020, 11:20:14 PM
Lmao. I basically ignore the cloak, I'm less hunter more warrior. I also Don't know how it works, people spot me while crouching anyway, so I just don't know

Movement will show the shimmer. Players already looking for you can also spot you before you stop and become fully invisible. Switching to thermal will also make a sound and cause your eyes to briefly glow which FT can also spot. Predator also makes sounds which can lead players right to you. It's always good to stay on the move when cloaked.

In my experience playing both FT and Predator they tend to be in the same spots anyhow so players will know to check certain locations ahead of time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed