David's Lab - Last Signs of Life

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Aug 15, 2019, 04:54:57 PM

Author
David's Lab - Last Signs of Life (Read 25,070 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Resurrection exists, so no.
And Prometheus, depending upon if you consider it an Alien film or not. Covenant is by far the best of the worst three.

Corporal Hicks

Requiem exists. IMHO Covenant is far from the worst Alien film. 4th favorite for me.

The Kurgan

Same. It sits comfortably somewhere in the middle.

maron

maron

Wow, that video was so boring...and the end so predictable.  ::)

Vrastal

Vrastal

Alien/horror is generally predictable.

It shows the alien in the mural in prometheous, so david couldnt have created them. Just that strain.

Corporal Hicks

It's not THE Alien in the mural, but something Alien-like. I always thought it looked like the Deacon which was why I had a problem with the convoluted way the Deacon was born.

The Kurgan

0321recon

0321recon

Some at the Blu-ray.com are asking why did Disnox even bother doing something like this if Covenant failed at the box office and its reviled by the fans, now especially after they wiped out Fox's slate of films. Some suspect it did that well in-home media and wanting to celebrate it by doing this short while others bless their hearts, suspect, they did the short to get a gist of the fandom after two years, especially to see if the audience has warmed up to it. Seeing some of the responses in social media, seems some are warming up to it which is surprising.  Though, at this junction, from what I see, for us Prequel fans, we have to get used to only having Prometheus and Covenant, and make up our final film on our minds.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2019, 01:41:47 PM
Requiem exists. IMHO Covenant is far from the worst Alien film. 4th favorite for me.

Same.

Alien
Aliens/Alien 3
Alien: Covenant

Prometheus and Resurrection is where it gets tricky. I don't dislike either film, in fact I quite admire both of them in their ambition and concepts and they're both damn pretty movies as well, but they both have their pretty distinct problems as well. Depending on my mood their placement can flip flop, but they're always the bottom two.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 16, 2019, 03:17:45 PM

Same.

Alien
Aliens/Alien 3
Alien: Covenant

Prometheus and Resurrection is where it gets tricky. I don't dislike either film, in fact I quite admire both of them in their ambition and concepts and they're both damn pretty movies as well, but they both have their pretty distinct problems as well. Depending on my mood their placement can flip flop, but they're always the bottom two.

With me it competes with Alien3 for being third best, and the reason is both films are almost peas in a pod - both are nihilistic in tone and have dark endings. Prometheus is fourth for me. While Resurrection...yea...doesn't exist :D

mike

mike

nice try to create the inner egg process for facehugger . beginning and the end boring, without added value.. nothing new.

[cancerblack]

But that's a Predator film with guest stars, not an Alien film. ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Also the worst Predator film... and The Predator exists. :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 16, 2019, 08:50:24 PM
Also the worst Predator film... and The Predator exists. :D

If it weren't for the extreme darkness, I'd say it fits very well in the Shane Black cinematic universe. Actually, both are like bad super hero movies disguised as Predator flicks.

Nightmare Asylum

Shame about what happened with The Predator. I'm a huge fan of The Nice Guys and Iron Man 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed