AvPR Nominated For Razzies

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 21, 2008, 03:51:26 PM

Author
AvPR Nominated For Razzies (Read 22,043 times)

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

AVP was a huge hit, despite smashing from critics and fans. They should've known that once you have a hit, expand from there to have the sequel overlap the original. Every other studio has done that to sequels. Spiderman 2, Terminator 2, etc. Taking the oppurtunity to put gloriusness with greatness.(in FOX's case, right the wrongs) But FOX could only think of reducing it to lowlife, trash that is force in your mouth. They olnly heard about some complaints about the PG-13 rating and think that's all that is needed to have a better film. PEOPLE, I NEVER IN ANY MEASURE FELL IN LOVE WITH THE ORIGINAL FILMS BECAUSE OF GORE!!!!!!!!! It was the atmosphere, suspense, characters, visuals(gore not included) that made me fell in love with them. That's what the other studios thought about when making those sequels. If all of you people think that seeing blood, pain, death, violence is only thing you care about and overlaps all that I said, you're deranged from what makes a film created in first place. It's the Story itself not the factors.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Right on Rob, we need a cohesive story with realistic characters and situations that wow you, not make you cringe.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

As JC said, Alien was about horror, Aliens is about terror and there is a big difference between the two.  JC was also an efx artist but he had a grand vision for the Alien universe and was widely received the world over.  The Queen makes sense, a PredAlien seems feasible but theyre reproduction method does not work at all, shoving embryos down an already pregnant species throat? Did they do any biology at all?   Ridly got the idea of the chestburster from a bug, James got the idea of the Queen from a bug, David got the idea of the dogburster from a dog which he thought the embryo alters its DNA structure to that of its host.  How in the hell does a PredAlien manage to get embryos down hosts throats when it does not seem biology feasible??

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

*Biologically* feasible, my brain is smashed

SiL

SiL

So ... is anyone actually surprised by this?  Anyone at all?  Didn't think so.

Spoon

Spoon

How the hell do you even know how predators are born!?  For all we know Predators are just one sex and maybe they just give birth at a time of their life.  Maybe the males spread their seeds through the mouths to the opposite sex?   You cant judge what you don't know.  And im sorry but not being able to see an alien give a headbite or a predator blowing off a limb does give a different effect to the movie.  You ever watch aliens and predator on TV?  Yeah trust me its not the same.   GOOD OLD CURSING is a blessing too.  Realism is where its at.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Spoon there is a mythology about Pred society, do some digging and youll find it very interesting    :)  

Deco

Deco

Can you imagine how Ridley Scott and Cameron feel about their masterpieces being associated with two razzie nods? And McTiernan.....? And Winston....? God its kind of unbelievable just how blatently FOX have sold out eh?   This film insulted my intelligence as an ordinary human being, nevermind as huge fan of these franchises...

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

All great things must come to an end......   :'(    Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. But they must come to an end. And Hopefully this isn't it.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

What we as a collective group should do is demand Fox up the ante with their next AvP movie, which will get made, lets all face it.  AvPR made enough cash to ensure there will be a 2nd sequel.  We must let them know and rising directors that we as fans of a terrific movie franchise want a movie on par with Alien, Aliens and Predator, not some gimmicky marketing ploy aimed at putting money into their wallets.  The writers are striking for good reason.    The very first time you saw Alien, Aliens or Predator you were immediately hooked, and why? Because you have something that is extraterrestrial and not just little green martians from mars using laser guns to take over the world, you have fully fleshed out EBE's that have crossed so many forms of media over the last 2 decades that if you mention the word AvP people will go nuts over.  If you mention the AvP movies.....people will throw nuts at you.  Go back to basics Fox and look at what made the original movies so damn good compared to the half assed shit youre pumping out now.    N.B. Aliens was made for far less than what AvPR had. Think about that.

SHREK

SHREK

DECO lolz im not happy that weve been proven wright cuz i want the movies to be good but sum ppl here cant accept that this was a very poor movie and i agree with wat u sed about cameron and scott and stan winston....they must b seriously pissed off at wat hsa happend 2 their creations....

SHREK

SHREK

k i lied deco i am happy we were right hehe     :P  

mocafrost

mocafrost

I'm with you AvPvTerminator.  I hope this isn't the end.  I just wish someone would do a Predator movie right.  AVP movies are more on the Predator movie track due to the perspectives and the alien skull in Predator 2.  Can we get a good director, a bigger budget and a better script?  There is so much potential.  I was disappointed and embarrassed when I saw the movie.

AvP:R H8R

AvP:R H8R

I want AvP:R to take the worst excuse for a horror movie title, because it was just that!  I still cant see how it was allocated a R rating!  That movie is viewable as PG in my submission.  Besides the crap that was AVPR the Predator did look pretty mean and some scenes he was in.  the sewers scene comes to mind where he plants the lasers and has the map of the sewers flash in his mask - that was cool!  Fox (as stated above) wont give a toss as to what happens from now on as they have made nearly 100mil from this pile of shait!  Whats next for the destruction of the 2 biggest franchises aye CEO's?  In addition - I think that the next AVP should be handed by the persons who made the fan film Alien vs. Batman vs. Predator!  That 8+ minute fanfilm which features Aliens and Predators is better than the 90+ AVP and 80+ AVPR.  Even S.E.E.D. HD is better!  For the brothers strause - go back to recording music videos.  If you do make another movie then I suggest it be a remake of Bambi or something.  Im sure with a 40mil budget you can make that movie better....or can u?

Tony Rios

Tony Rios

That's too bad for the two directors I liked the movie. The first AVP is ok but this one was better in my opinion. Wolf is probably my favorite Predator so far it's just too bad he died.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed