Alien Alone Extended Version

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Apr 11, 2021, 11:25:30 PM

Author
Alien Alone Extended Version (Read 1,251 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

https://vimeo.com/409189441

Probably posted somewhere before but never seen it myself.

BlueMarsalis79

New Ranking:
1. Alien: Specimen
By far still the best one, comes across as genuinely professional and a natural extension of what we have viewed before now, and turns our expectations upside down in a way that makes sense.

2. Alien: Ore
The "Aliens" of the lot if you like, more straight forward in it's execution of ideas, but does that just as it aims to, it's exactly what Tongal Films signed up for in terms of a crowd pleaser that evokes popular aspects of the whole franchise.

3. Alien: Alone (Extended Version) 
The best one in an old school way, the craftsmanship on display, and clear love for the material shine through the more amateurish parts. It's a concept that for me starts strong and ends strong even if it's derivative of David's story, it ironically comes across rather organically, and having the host play the monster although briefly's inspired. Truthfully I can not blame anyone for switching around the top three best films based on their preferences.

4. Alien: Containment
In full disclosure the one I worked on and in that respect, I'm admittedly biased in it's favour, of seeing certain things I sketched and discussed with Chris Reading come to life. And I'm so lucky and grateful to have worked on Alien at the age of a mere twenty years old.

5. Alien: Night Shift (Extended Version)
Night Shift moved up a place, because now, it's actually comprehensible because now things have context that the initially released version did not have. And it's actually not bad now, it is in fact, pretty alright.   

6. Alien: Harvest
...and this one remains by far the worst.
Just everything I can't stand in shock horror put into one ugly melting pot. Complete schlock. And not in a fun way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed