Prometheus Banner...

Started by Darkoo, Jun 14, 2011, 06:20:02 PM

Author
Prometheus Banner... (Read 43,614 times)

Pn2501

Pn2501

Good work jay that's spot on.

pen2paper

pen2paper

Hi, all. Here's a new version of my Prometheus banner recreation. BTW - I'm trying to make out what the text is at the bottom of the original - can anyone help? Cheers. :)

http://p2pproductions.deviantart.com/#/d3jbt4c

azrael55

azrael55

why is there an area of grey on your poster - the original one is just black. or is the head lamp included?

Huol

Huol

People liked the lamp effect.

pen2paper

pen2paper

Quotewhy is there an area of grey on your poster - the original one is just black. or is the head lamp included?

I don't think I can answer that question better than this person did:

QuoteThe poster itself is obviously a plain black background but the design team would have taken into account how it was to be displayed and designed with this in mind...if it was to be displayed in an outdoors environment under sunlight it would look completely different as this one would look completely dull and uninteresting in full sunlight...the lighting adds a lot of atmosphere and mood and this needs to be replicated in a digital remake to capture the true essence of the moment in the photo.

...Unless, of course, you prefer:

QuotePeople liked the lamp effect.

;)

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: azrael55 on Jun 25, 2011, 05:20:11 AM
why is there an area of grey on your poster - the original one is just black. or is the head lamp included?

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 22, 2011, 02:05:38 AM
Ummmm.....that light glow and the lens flares are from the track lighting that's shining on the poster itself, not the poster.

What is it with people that post these kind of posts....don't you start reading from the start of the thread? If you could be bothered reading the posts that come before, you would know what's going on and not need to post such useless posts ::)...is it just me or is it not logical to read up on a topic before posting about it? Geez!

Sorry for the rant but I just don't get why you even bother posting if your not prepared to understand what you're posting about.

Valheru

BTW, awesome poster P2P with your latest efforts...regarding the text at the bottom, I highly doubt anyone is going to know what it says for a long time, I'd just chuck some random words down there that are unreadable as well if you want to be completely authentic :P

pen2paper

pen2paper

Hey thanks, Valheru. Really appreciate your comments. This has been a great thread in helping track down some of the finer details for this piece. I guess the text at the bottom is either something along the lines of, 'Coming Soon', a release date, or a web address. How about...

QuoteI'd just chuck some random words down there that are unreadable as well if you want to be completely authentic :P

:D

azrael55

azrael55

Quote from: Valheru on Jun 25, 2011, 10:32:33 AM
What is it with people that post these kind of posts....don't you start reading from the start of the thread? If you could be bothered reading the posts that come before, you would know what's going on and not need to post such useless posts ::)...is it just me or is it not logical to read up on a topic before posting about it? Geez!

yeah sorry bout that, i must be mentally retarded that i haven't read every single post... especially not yours!

why dont i put a bullet in my head.

oh and it doesnt make any sense to me, that it was supposed to be that way - while this was the first time it was on display, this is probably a promotional poster that will be used in many other places where they won't have this kind of light. i think you're reading too much into the whole thing. and it doesn't make it more mysterious or anything. it's just a rather plain poster that keeps to what ridley and the crew have been doing so far - basically giving away nothing about the story or the (potential) aliens.

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: azrael55 on Jun 25, 2011, 01:21:39 PMyeah sorry bout that, i must be mentally retarded that i haven't read every single post... especially not yours!

why dont i put a bullet in my head.

oh and it doesnt make any sense to me, that it was supposed to be that way - while this was the first time it was on display, this is probably a promotional poster that will be used in many other places where they won't have this kind of light. i think you're reading too much into the whole thing. and it doesn't make it more mysterious or anything. it's just a rather plain poster that keeps to what ridley and the crew have been doing so far - basically giving away nothing about the story or the (potential) aliens.

Hey, I may have gone a bit overboard :P (since it obviously annoyed the heck out of me) but I do have a point don't I? Your post in a sense was a rhetorical question since the answers are all there for the reading, so it really is a pointless post and a waste of yours and my time.

Im not trying to over analyse the poster like some, I simply looked at it and got a feeling from the design and setting that seemed to fall in line with what I already felt about the movie from what I have read and know about it so far. I am grateful that people have taken the time to try and recreate it digitally to capture that feeling. It may not invoke the same feelings for you, as it's a personal case of how you interpret things but it seems enough people feel the same to go to the effort of recreating it.

So again, sorry for the rant...it just annoys me that all these people have taken the time to start from the start and respond to each other in a discussion but you just expect to butt in and have people take the time again to explain it all just for you because you can't be bothered starting from post 1 like everyone else had to...it's like que jumping, so get back in line :P

Cheers,

Valheru

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

If only I knew what exactly the fine print on the bottom said...

Mus

Mus

I'm with Valheru, random words is the way to go. "Monkey baseball"? It'll look great.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent faucibus nibh a metus consequat in vehicula enim rutrum. Praesent in varius mauris.

Mr. Yutani

Mr. Yutani

Quote from: pen2paper on Jun 24, 2011, 09:38:46 PM
Hi, all. Here's a new version of my Prometheus banner recreation. BTW - I'm trying to make out what the text is at the bottom of the original - can anyone help? Cheers. :)

http://p2pproductions.deviantart.com/#/d3jbt4c

I like your edit the most, good job.  ;)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 27, 2011, 12:46:50 AM
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent faucibus nibh a metus consequat in vehicula enim rutrum. Praesent in varius mauris.

...neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?

;)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: keylight-di on Jun 27, 2011, 03:07:06 PM
Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 27, 2011, 12:46:50 AM

...neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?

;)

:D :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed