Prometheus Banner...

Started by Darkoo, Jun 14, 2011, 06:20:02 PM

Author
Prometheus Banner... (Read 43,630 times)

Pn2501

Pn2501

I actually altered the font to match the poster, so it's almost identical, the gradient is giving it that effect, something I don't think the original has, hard to tell from the photo.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jun 16, 2011, 08:21:21 PMIt's starting to remind me of the jetsons for some reason I can't explaiin.

Jetson's are now canon.  Oh boy, are the AVP fanboys going to have a field day with this!

Pn2501

Pn2501

predxeno could totes recon jetsons into the avp universe........ don't tempt him.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 17, 2011, 12:08:07 AM
predxeno could totes recon jetsons into the avp universe........ don't tempt him.

Predxeno could work Basil Fawlty, Wilma Flintstone and Barney the Dinosaur into the "AvP" canonical universe and still believe it makes sense.  Just saying...

In all seriousness though; what would this forum be like without Predxeno?  64% less interesting by my calculations.

Pn2501

Pn2501

its true, interesting characters are what brings me back here daily.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jun 17, 2011, 12:18:26 AM
Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 17, 2011, 12:08:07 AM

Predxeno could work Basil Fawlty, Wilma Flintstone and Barney the Dinosaur into the "AvP" canonical universe and still believe it makes sense.  Just saying...

In all seriousness though; what would this forum be like without Predxeno?  64% less interesting by my calculations.

We'd also have 64% less threads floating around. As rediculous as some of them are, I love them and shit would get real boring around here. No one's brain processes thoughts like predxeno's. He is really special.

Pn2501

Pn2501

his the Karl Pilkington of the boards, love it.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 17, 2011, 02:55:16 AM
his the Karl Pilkington of the boards, love it.

:laugh: Absolutely, I wonder if Predxeno also eats Monster Munch?!  If so, then I would have to imagine that he envisions said munching monsters as being officially linked to the Alien and Predator canonical lore.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: JaaayDee on Jun 16, 2011, 08:21:21 PM
Okay.  I have no idea why,  but the font that was used in the mockup is starting to have a very uncanny effect on me.  It's starting to remind me of the jetsons for some reason I can't explain.  The slightly altered font used in the photo makes up for that.

Futurism influenced many other twentieth century art movements, including Art Deco, Vorticism, Constructivism, Surrealism and Dada. Futurism as a coherent and organized artistic movement is now regarded as extinct, having died out in 1944 with the death of its leader Marinetti, and Futurism was, like science fiction, in part overtaken by 'the future'.

Nonetheless the ideals of futurism remain as significant components of modern Western culture; the emphasis on youth, speed, power and technology finding expression in much of modern commercial cinema and culture. Ridley Scott consciously evoked the designs of Sant'Elia in Blade Runner.

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

...it's... It's a font... On a plain black poster...

Huol

Huol

TOO DEEP FOR YOU

Pn2501

Pn2501

Hitler was apparently a futurist ....... it's about space nazi's and by proxy i now evoke Goodwins law.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Jokey's are Nazis? Good thing Fassbender is onboard.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

The futurist movement ended because all the futurists became Nazis and the Inglorious Basterds killed them.

Seriously. Read their 'manifesto', it's disgusting. Sant'Elia did beautiful work though.

Pn2501

Pn2501

o' shit first Prometheus footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAfoiN5SDw#ws

filthy space fascists!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed