New AvP Production Images

Started by Darkness, May 03, 2004, 08:27:31 PM

Author
New AvP Production Images (Read 15,373 times)

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Look at response 41 on the last topic. I explained it there

Aliminator

Aliminator

I notice that the more people called themselves "the true fan", the more they hate avp...just because they don't look oringinal...how dumb.   PS: i want to see RE Apocalypse  ~Target Eliminated~

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

watcher | 04 May 2004 09:22 am  and by the way, those ships look like bugs, dont you think  If you watch Starship Troopers (A movie ADI created the special effects for, same company working on AVP) you'll see one of the bugs, an "Arkelian Sand Beatle," in a scene where the students are cutting them open and removing their guts. The design of these huge ships have a strange resemblance to them, probably because of the underside looking almost like it has legs.    ;)    I don't know if they came up with the design of these, but when I first saw some of these storyboards, that's what came to mind. They look great though. The right side of the ship in the picture above looks kind of like a Predator helmet.

flonge

flonge

The CG seems to be good. BUT The only problem I have with this movie now is that anderson seems to be doing something similar to RE, which by the way was ok, wasn't bad, had potential to be a really good movie, but simply wasn't gory enough... or scary... Anyway Aliens and Predators are great creatures in movies because of their different skills, which are based on the coolest concept I've ever seen on film. But I feel the claustrofobic Antartica setting is redusing their playground. I mean a predator in the jungle uses 50 feet tall trees to hide, and so on... An alien in LV-426 uses the cool buildings with different levels, and ventilation complex and so on... But in this pyramid... I can't understand how the aliens and preds are going to be cool... For instanse, why haven't we seen a cloacked predator on the previews... are they not using stealth... this would very dissapointing, since that is one of the predators trade mark to hunt, with stealth... And the aliens how are they supposed to hide on walls and melt things when this happens in a pyramid, * I hope they have a base or something...* And how big can this pyramid be? ... We'll probably never see a predator hunting from great distance...   Now when it comes to weyland it could simply be that he has made himself half machine/droid, and he simply bleeds red, this would explain A3 ending... and AVP if he survives...   After what I understood from featurette 3 I think there's going to be a team of droids with which are Weylands... now.. If the shooting scenes are going to be similar as RE then I will never forgive Anderson. Because that is the most boring action ever made, the shooting in RE. I mean , I think even RE fans agree with at least the shooting being a miss in RE. Anyway, the droids should have granedes and some different weapons... I saw a G36 in the featurette, but man why havn't he shown us some more details about the weapons or the tools of the droids, maybe some *prebeta motion detectors* some nightvision..? flashlights, helmets, bodyarmor, flashbangs, all these small thing makes the action cooler, combined with the alien and predator weapons...  BUT I SUSPECT this will be some more ANDERSON lame action with no, brains.... like RE just small shots at a time, with no lucid overview of the battlefield.. or any sort of idea of what the HELL is happening to the characters...  I hope Anderson have learned from P1, P2 and A2....

Aliminator

Aliminator

To flonge: wow, you realy know NOTHING about pyramind... i studied pyramid in grade 7, it could be different from Egyptian pyramid, but anyway, the pyramid is HUGE. it is a MAZE with secret tunnels, booby trap, long and endless passageway, etc and since it's built by predators, they might know which is the trap or secret tunnel, etc....can't WAIT!!!  ~Target Eliminated~

flonge

flonge

ok, I agree it is big, a MAZE or something... but anyway, I've just read that the rooms are going to rotate ... let's hope it works..

Chase

Chase

I somehow doubt there will be anyway droids at all. Remeber this does happen in modern times. I dunno, might be a twist but then what's the point. Aliens don't go after droids...there useless...as for the preds not sure.

Predgirl

Predgirl

Yeah that new picture has the Queen in the background, but I'm curious about the creatures in the front.  To me they look like some predators ready to face her and in an other theory  its looks like her babies the facehuggers coming out of their eggs. This is just my opinion.

Surt

Surt

Well its not easy to say...I would go for Preds. Nice pic tho...   ;D  

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Yeah, Probably preds

Erez

Erez

I agree at the left it looks like a pred by the hair, but at the right it looks like the extended predator blades.

Growler

Growler

looks like 2 preds side by side to me

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

No i think he's right it does kinda look like one pred and then a set of blades on the right

D1S

D1S

Preds probably won't be using "light-masking" because it doesn't work on aliens. The aliens don't hunt using light. And Preds only use "light-masking" on "prey that shoots back".

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

What the heck u talkin about "lght masking"   ???  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed