Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Teaser Trail...
Last post by SiL - Today at 01:03:09 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:22:01 PMAfter ten years on 16EG14 nothing remains outside of the original virus according to David and what we obviously see with the Neomorph stuff.
Aliens would also eradicate all the native wildlife and leave themselves dormant and waiting, like the spores.

QuoteUnlike what we see in the film after Oram dies, the other Facehuggers in the vicinity actively seek out hosts,
Only one does, in response to someone else entering the room. Facehuggers generally wait for things to come to them -- just like the spores.

Quotethe longer incubation time means the Alien escapes the planet.
Eh, you're overselling this. The Covenant was en route, there's not long between him being infected and them taking off.

Facehuggers also normally stay on for quite a while, which immobilises the host for the duration, so they can only be moved if something moves them. After the facehugger comes off there's usually not much time before the Alien is born.
Alien Films / Re: Egg on Sulaco
Last post by c0rnel - Today at 12:59:49 PM
I thought of a few other possible scenarios, some of which might sound crazy.

1) At the beginning of Aliens the marine crew asked if this was going to be another bug hunt. This might imply that they've had an encounter with xenomorph in the past perhaps on a smaller scale. Over time, without their knowledge xenomorph got onboard, hid, and perhaps even laid eggs if a queen was among them somewhere like in the storage area until later when the marines disturbed it by moving cargo around to prepare for the mission in Aliens.

2) The company sabotaged the expendable crew by turning them into lab rats and putting xenomorph onboard without their knowledge or consent for the sake of running experiments, re-routing them to Fiorina 161 (Alien 3 planet) should the crew survive the events of LV-426. Everything would be logged and sent back to the company for analysis. I'd like to think that LV-426 was not the only place to have a xenomorph and because over 57+ years have passed since the primary events of Alien and the company being in business of colonizing other planets they would have prior knowledge of xenomorph existence, maybe even a secluded lab off base somewhere to study them.

3) The xenomorph queen we see at the end of Aliens is not the same queen from before the explosion of LV-426 facility (see points 1 and 2 above). A few indicators are that:
a) In Aliens the queen is big and heavy.
b) The landing gear gets temporarily stuck due to metal debris being caught in it but this is resolved soon after and we get a 180 degree view of the dropship during the scene where Ripley says "punch it Bishop".
We see the landing gear (both feet) retracted properly in a few scenes including during the big facility explosion. Simply put, the queen on lv-426 would not fit or hang onto the dropship in any way to make it back to the Sulaco. It died in the explosion behind.
c) The xenomorph queen we see in the cutscenes emerging from near the dropship doesn't seem to have losely ripped eggsac flesh like the one back on LV-426. What we see on the scenes as an emerging queen from the read of the craft near landing gear would be just to makes us think it's the same queen therefore convering the real plot.

4) The possibility of another company android or person being onboard the Sulaco who did not accompany the rest of the crew on their mission on LV-426 aided in the plot. He could even have his own compartment (like Dr Weylan in Prometheus) secluded from the rest of the crew.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by xeno_alpha_07 - Today at 12:57:06 PM
Alien 3 (1992) 35mm print scan

I'm uncertain about the color correction on this print. I've acquired 35mm print scans of all three films. Now, all that's left is to find a projector, and I'll be able to recreate a cinematic experience at home.

Aliens: Dark Descent / Re: Aliens: Dark Descent
Last post by Isolatedmorph - Today at 12:56:29 PM
When I first played the game I was getting ready to extract making my way back to the APC, time was running out and I didn't know what would happen. Got ambushed waiting for an elevator and lost a guy. Three left. At the bottom got attacked again, lost another and another was injured maybe knocked out but either way I had to carry him. Ended up running out to the APC which gave me covering fire and escaped.

It was the most badass experience I think I've ever experienced when gaming and I game a lot. But I think the reason it was so special was because it was Aliens, a franchise that I adore and it felt so cinematic without it being scripted. Beautiful time.

Still haven't completed it because I switch games too much and not great at RTS but I do wish the game was FPS. There is something nice about you controlling a square though.
Thats quite rare, like I like my meat
AvP Classic / Re: New Single-Player Map: Ali...
Last post by Wweyland - Today at 12:46:10 PM
Quote from: Olde on Feb 22, 2024, 12:00:48 PMThanks for the positive words! We got to sit back and commentate while Rebellion played this map on stream for their Rebellion Late Night series last week, so check it out if you're so inclined: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2063700781

And since it's somewhat related, I'll share a little thing that was posted on our Discord.

http://avpunknown.com/avpclassic/files/screens/preview/avpjag-preview.png
This is Bobblen's next project. No, there is no ETA for this. However, we're working hard to make this level a reality for you all. Hope you're excited for this one as well.
AvP Jaguar? Awesome!
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 12:45:17 PM
Also the fact that even if David did use up the original stuff, the payload that was dropped still seemingly decimated most if not the entire planet. I think a character mentions being unable to hear any wildlife or something. So it renders Aliens obsolete really.
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 12:41:55 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 12:22:01 PMUnlike what we see in the film after Oram dies, the other Facehuggers in the vicinity actively seek out hosts, and when one gets a host the longer incubation time means the Alien escapes the planet.

That and the acid blood makes it superior just in the context of that one film.

That is fair, but depends on intent I suppose. As a bioweapon, quicker gestation time results in quicker combat and the faster life cycle means the deployers don't have to deal with cleaning up the creatures themselves. As something to punish humanity, allowing it to spread is better suited to ensure maximum exposure.
AvP Classic / Re: New Single-Player Map: Ali...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 12:37:16 PM
Quote from: Bobblen on Today at 10:13:54 AMThanks for the kind words, I'm assuming from your post count that you've been around the avp scene for a while! I've followed along on and off since the avpnews days, but it took Olde & Cracco's recent efforts to convince me to have a go at mapping some 30 odd years later.

Not as long as Olde, but I've been around the block! Think I first joined AvPNews/GameGossip in 2001. Been active in the community since 2003. I played Classic, but it was really AvP2 that pulled me online.

QuoteThe next one is based on a similar theme, a single player map based on the first marine level in Jaguar Avp, again with accurate modelling and texturing but adapted enemy and pickup placement to suit avp classic. I hope it goes down as well as this one has :)

I'm very much looking forward to seeing that come together! That should be quite entertaining! Though I'm not sure how you'd end that one since the Jag has you going up and down the station?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed