First Look at Prometheus' NECA Toy Line [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Jul 12, 2012, 12:40:47 AM

Author
First Look at Prometheus' NECA Toy Line [Updated] (Read 70,990 times)

psychonaut25

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 13, 2012, 07:46:56 PM
..if it looks like a penis and it has the same function of a penis.. then it probably is a penis.

...this entire franchise is weird. Damned aliens and their obsession with rape.  :laugh:

And the irony is that the first proto-xeno-deacon-shit was created because two people who love each other make love. (one of them was infected with goo, but it doesn;t matter).

robertmartin

Do ya think we're going to get a release of the ship?

Sabres21768

NECA isn't known for doing anything besides figures.

But...they have stated that it is not beyond the realm of possibility to see a Prometheus and Juggernaut ship.

XenoVC

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 12, 2012, 06:47:39 AM
Quote from: XenoVC on Jul 12, 2012, 06:30:22 AM
I'd wager the Engineer vs Trilobite will be a TRU exclusive two pack, and I'd be willing to pick them both up together, as long as it isn't that disintegrating one, which doesn't even make much sense as he's not in his undies.

He's not "disintegrating"...he's "burnt".
At the end of the movie when he fought the Trilobite, the Engineer was burnt from the crash of the Juggernaught.

Quote from: XenoVC on Jul 12, 2012, 06:30:22 AM
Considering we still haven't got any human characters from the Alien series on the NECA side of things, this is a pleasing revelation.

We do now...Hudson (and Hicks later) from NECA...

Oooh, thanks for pointing that out about the burnt Engineer.

Hicks and Hudson will definitely be picked up as well in that case.

Michael Biehn's likeness must be out there for non Alien3 money now, also considering the skin in Colonial Marines.

psychonaut25

They must make also Shaw and Vickers.

Xenobluntz

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jul 13, 2012, 07:49:43 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 13, 2012, 07:46:56 PM
..if it looks like a penis and it has the same function of a penis.. then it probably is a penis.

...this entire franchise is weird. Damned aliens and their obsession with rape.  :laugh:

And the irony is that the first proto-xeno-deacon-shit was created because two people who love each other make love. (one of them was infected with goo, but it doesn;t matter).

Thats why I now call my daughter "The Deacon"...How can two people in love create sonething so grotesque and evil?!?!? lmao jk

delsaber8

Quote from: AmazSpiderMan1 on Jul 28, 2012, 04:13:27 AM
Prototype Mutated Fifield figure:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=NECA%2FPrometheus_Series_3%2F&pic=311656_400466280015763_122803146_n.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

That's cool, and I like how they are giving us some variety with the human figures and such, but honestly I'm more interested in the different creature figures such as the deacon, trilobite, etc. However that is not to say I won't be purchasing some of the human figures. Thanks for the update.

AmazSpiderMan1

delsaber8

Quote from: AmazSpiderMan1 on Aug 06, 2012, 04:42:53 AM
Pretty sure this is the first image showing the helmets:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=NECA%2FPrometheus_David&pic=418214_403841326344925_1665070750_n.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0
Looks like it will be a solid line up from NECA, I'm liking the look of this figure, the helmet adds some "coolness" to it.

Highland

Would have been better if Sideshow/Hottoys picked this line up. NECA has some cool stuff like the Predators but I think the people who are likely to buy these would have rather spent a bit more to get good versions (assuming these are in the $50 range). Only the hardiest of hardcore Prometheus fans with bother with these I'd imagine.

These head busts are all over the place and the detail is rough. A Hot Toys David with real material would have been mint I reckon (assuming these suits are plastic). Saying that we should be getting a Fassbender Magneto soon. I'll save my cash for that.

AmazSpiderMan1

I'm pretty sure these are going to in $16.99 price range, and be 7-8 inches tall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed