Could you survive against a T-800 in the following scenario?

Started by Doctor Ash, Dec 16, 2019, 02:53:44 PM

Author
Could you survive against a T-800 in the following scenario? (Read 3,682 times)

Doctor Ash

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 17, 2019, 11:20:24 PM
Also ran in the third film, too. They usually just have no need to do.

I imagine sewers are probably the kind of places Skynet is used to hunting for human life in. Potentially, even hiding in a cupboard wouldn't necessarily solve anything. We know they can detect things like heartbeats, just not how close they have to be. Stuff like sewers are probably one of the main places Skynet is used to searching for targets, ironically.

The main problem is that everyone is assuming it just hunts. It could also potentially improvise sensors/weapons/drones out of what happens to be available.
But would 8 hours be enough to construct scanners and drones? And what could it use to build them?

And if it hadn't either the time nor the material, what would be the best way to hide from the T-800?

What about running in random directions as far as you can and hide in or behind a  fortuitously chosen house or building that you came across?

Would the Terminator still be able to find one?

Baron Von Marlon

Get a fake ID, plastic surgery and talk with a foreign accent. "My name iza Borat. Who iz John Connor? He plow salesman?"

Or depening on how a T-800 looks at gender, tell it you identify as the opposite sex and go by a new name, then shame it into a corner because it deadnamed you.

Huggs

Jane Connor.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Dec 17, 2019, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 17, 2019, 03:30:46 AM
If I know there is an 8 hr timelimit I'd just get some water and head out of town.  The t-800 are slow as f**k. 

I used to run 5 miles in 38 minutes.  I'd be out that bitch before he got to michael myers walking speed.
You can't leave town or damage the Terminator, before 8 hours are up in this scenario [emoji6]

The Terminator couldn't damage me either so we would just have to settle for a draw. 

Huggs

There's always the possibility that it might do...sexual things.

Kimarhi

Who could blame it for trying?

razeak

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Dec 16, 2019, 08:58:20 PM
Quote from: razeak on Dec 16, 2019, 08:42:53 PM
well, I can jog at a pretty brisk pace for quite some time. I would pick a direction and go for about 2-3 miles. The T800 would basically have a 1 in 360 chance of choosing the right direction.
That seems to be a good idea. But how would you make sure that your hiding spot doesn't end up somehow on the list of possible locations that the Terminator may have deemed lookworthy?

I would just hide in a random house. I assume there are homes in every direction.

Kimarhi

Plot twist, the homes are in Texas and the owner kills you.

Huggs

If there are other people, then I'm going to make it think everybody is either John or Sarah Connor.

Doctor Ash

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 19, 2019, 04:14:11 AM
Plot twist, the homes are in Texas and the owner kills you.
The town is empty, no other people and no weapons [emoji6]

Doctor Ash

So far we discussed for the most, what we might do in this scenario.

But what would the Terminator do to find us, considering the lack of technical equippment like scanners or drones?

He only knows what we look like and it might be possible that he may have extrapolated a potential radius for his search. But he can't be sure if we hide somewhere or are a moving around.

So what would be do in this case? How would he try to track us down?

Stitch

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Dec 19, 2019, 04:27:24 PM

But what would the Terminator do to find us, considering the lack of technical equippment like scanners or drones?

He only knows what we look like and it might be possible that he may have extrapolated a potential radius for his search. But he can't be sure if we hide somewhere or are a moving around.

Work out where a human is most likely to hide, and search there, with a cursory check on the way. Once that has been checked, move to the next most likely place, with a cursory check on the way. Repeat ad I finitum.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 20, 2019, 01:11:46 AM
Quote from: Doctor Ash on Dec 19, 2019, 04:27:24 PM

Work out where a human is most likely to hide, and search there, with a cursory check on the way. Once that has been checked, move to the next most likely place, with a cursory check on the way. Repeat ad I finitum.
But which places would he consider to be the most likely ones and how would he come to his conclusions, as we could have been hiding anywhere?

razeak

With zero clues, a T-800 would probably just systematically start searching homes. Or it starts a massive fire and tries to raze the entire community if it understands the rules of the scenario.

Doctor Ash

Quote from: razeak on Dec 20, 2019, 05:03:23 PM
With zero clues, a T-800 would probably just systematically start searching homes. Or it starts a massive fire and tries to raze the entire community if it understands the rules of the scenario.
Without being able to start fires, i guess a systematic search is the only possibility.
I'm just wondering which criteria it would use to determine which places it searches in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed