Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,574 times)

apc

apc

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 16, 2021, 05:22:38 AM
#2 preview.

https://twitter.com/PREVIEWSworld/status/1382779654017269767?s=19

Thanks, Hicks! I find myself really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

BlueMarsalis79

Can I get context?

Kradan

Maybe he means it's gonna be tear-jerky ? Like some major character dying in a gruesome way ?

hawkangel

hawkangel

Issue 2 is out on ComiXology now.
I read it and I enjoyed it except for the Xenomorph art. Something about it looks off. Too static.
Spoiler

A bit more is revealed about the main character Gabe in the story. In one panel he is lying on his bed with no shirt on and a huge scar on his chest which like the "Alien inside" scrawled on the cryotube in the first issue, hints he was impregnated but the Xenomorph removed before the chest burst . He also says that he kind of took part in the research on the Epsilon station and that the Alpha Xeno is his legacy.
[close]

Russ840

Yeah. Im invested in the story enough. I like that side of things.
Art was better this issue, until the Xeno shows. But it is still static.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

...Seriously? Censored swearing? Very edgy, Marvel.

Quote from: hawkangel on Apr 21, 2021, 08:13:31 AM
Issue 2 is out on ComiXology now.
I read it and I enjoyed it except for the Xenomorph art. Something about it looks off. Too static.
My biggest beef is that the angle looks wrong and it throws off the proportions. It makes it look like the alien has a giant head. Looks pretty shitty.

Enjoying the story well enough otherwise.

SiL

SiL

Dark Horse would sometimes censor "f**k" and its derivatives too.

judge death

So the alpha xeno isnt a dream anymore? Sigh, and no explanation on the xenos changed looks or facehuggers new design? Too much jumping the shark as this is the new canon under disney, im jumping this.

The_Nostromo_Files

Just finished #1. Interesting.  Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

hawkangel

Quote from: judge death on Apr 21, 2021, 11:06:52 AM
So the alpha xeno isnt a dream anymore?

Spoiler
Well, we don't know what the Alpha is yet. It's not shown in #2. A female humanoid Xenomorph is shown in the dream sequence in the first issue but we don't know if that's the Alpha. I'm betting it is but not confirmed as yet.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Read issue #2.

Not as invested as I was in issue #1 story-wise, but still invested. I wish some of the initial investigation panels were dialogue-less. It would have made the bloody splashed atmosphere a lot more creepy.

With the art, it wasn't only with the Xeno, but perspectives overall was just much more awkward in this issue than the premiere issue. It threw me out of the book several times. 'Twas a bit frustrating, to be honest.

Nightmare Asylum

Just read issue two. I remain pretty curious about the Alpha and I'm going to keep reading but man... the art is not great at all. :-\

Corporal Hicks

I liked some of the facehugger artwork, but that money shot on the last page just looked way off. Just looked weird. The silhouette stuff was nice though. Dug those couple of panels.

I'm enjoying the slow burn narrative. I'm appreciating that, especially that we barely had the Alien involved in this issue. I'm definitely interested in Gabe's past (calling that ship the Hadley is weird to me) so really keen to see more of that mission. All around, I enjoyed that.

Nightmare Asylum

The one thing with the writing I really don't care for is the liberal use of "Xenomorph" as the creatures' actual name; even the recap blurb as the start of the issues refers to them as such.

Other than that though, I'm intrigued by the writing and where it is going.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed