Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,787 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yes, welcome!
A Phalanx is a mass military formation, so I'm guessing it isn't a reference to the Alien itself but a military organisation.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Lol if it was meant to be a secret, revealing it in the Isolation preview was a big fail :laugh:

Always excited for more novels from Titan.

SM

SM

Interesting title change, but it should work well.

(Hi scotssigler.  We've corresponded.  :) )

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Welcome to AvP Galaxy Scott, I am Studio Yutani on twitter. So excited for this story, a total surprise!

Still Collating...

Legion sounded cooler.... :laugh:

Welcome Scott! Hope you enjoy your time with Titan and that you have fun writing this novel. As mentioned before, your story was one of the most unique ones and among the best in Bug Hunt as far as I'm concerned, so I'm really glad and eager to read your story next spring.  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Cool.

As this is military, it should be under the Aliens imprint rather than Alien, IMO.  I hope we don't abandon the Aliens name and logo.  It is the iconic symbol of the series.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's got a iconic "I" yeah.

The Old One

The Old One

Aliens as AlienĀ³ is the name of one film,
and one specific twist of the Alien title-
but it's the A L I E N series.

Perfect-Organism

No, it's been the Aliens series for decades.  It's only recently become the Alien series again when Ridley Scott came back into the fold.  You still see lots and lots of products produced under the Aliens name.  It's really Titan for the most part that is an exception to the rule.

The Old One

The Old One

It's the Alien franchise, the majority of the new movement of media is anyway-
AlienUniverse.com, Alien The RPG, Alien The Cold Forge, etcetera the only thing using the other license name now is the Dark Horse comics.

Corporal Hicks

As far as I know, it's just a licensing thing. Titan has the rights to the name Alien, Dark Horse has Aliens.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I think you're correct.
Otherwise we'd recieve more appropriately titled DH entries
Alien Dead Orbit for instance.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Even the Alien/AVP entries in the Rage War series were conspicuously sans "s", despite being very much second movie in tone.

But yeah, if you ask me it's the Alien franchise, because that's the film that started it.

Kradan

Kradan

I like that blue shining out of egg image

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed