Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 50,642 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 13, 2021, 06:33:39 PM
AVPR is a movie that tries to be dramatic with its human characters, scary with Aliens and badass with Predators. And while I genuinely like Wolf (looks, body language, tech etc.) and wish the movie was dedicated to nothing but him hunting Aliens it fails to make me feel anything towards main human cast (apart from sheriff Morales, I like him). Human characters are just SO unimaginative and cliched to me I don't care for any of them dying. Whole teenagers love plot makes my skin crawl. Aliens are portrayed as dumb movie monsters that exist to scare children and to be killed by Wolf in a badass looking way which is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The Predator is a movie that goes for goofy, light tone and it makes no mistake about what it is, it's very much self-aware what kind of movie it is. I mean, movie that has Predator spitting on the car, PredDogs, kid wearing a Predator mask for Halloween, bunch of crazy ex-militaries making pussy jokes and man shitting metal ball doesn't really ring "serious", does it ? And I root for each member of the Loonies more than for anybody in AVPR where I just wait for people to be killed in horrific way to laugh. I like characters interactions, I feel something when Lynch gets his hand blown off, Coyle and Baxlie shoot each other or when Nebraska throws himself in spaceship's engine. As for the Predators, It's fair, if you take movie's portrayal of them as mocking but IMO it doesn't really try to hide what it's doing

In the end of the day, both movies have their share of problems but I enjoyed the one that knew what it was and was more honest about it more

Did I ever told you I loved you ?  :-* :-* :-*

Kradan

Kradan

Spoiler
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

;)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

TomT

TomT

So many people actually voted for AvPR?! The Predator is not very good, but AvPR is just a crime, it's not a movie.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Give this man a drink !

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TomT on Apr 15, 2021, 11:31:50 PM
So many people actually voted for AvPR?! The Predator is not very good, but AvPR is just a crime, it's not a movie.

Are you calling for the arrest of the Strause Brothers?  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I might.

Kradan

Kradan

Good man, gooooood man

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2021, 01:12:58 PM

Yeah sure, I mean, why not ?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The behind the scenes moment where they tell their DP (I believe he was the DP right ?) to shut up when the guy said it was too dark was pure cringe. Just for that only, 10 years without parole  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Is that on YT ? I wanna see that right now  :D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

That's the only thing I could find, very short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNQ69fx_lg&ab_channel=Antimatter1138

Kradan

Kradan

Bahahaha

TomT

TomT

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 16, 2021, 01:12:58 PM

I probably would if I could :) AvPR is the biggest crime against both franchises. If anyone should be arrested for making a movie, it's probably people who made and greenlighed this. Tom Rothman, Strause Brothers and Shane Salerno. Tom Rothman is also guility of killing Alien 5 from Ridley Scott and James Cameron to make AvP instead. This was also a huge crime, almost on the level of AvPR existence.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 16, 2021, 10:18:34 AM
Give this man a drink !
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 16, 2021, 04:14:36 PM

Good man, gooooood man
;D

Huggs

Huggs

Aliens and Predators fighting each other

VS

Predators hunting children because of autism

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed