AvPGalaxy Interviews Gearbox Software

Started by ikarop, Apr 03, 2012, 01:00:16 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interviews Gearbox Software (Read 11,253 times)

ikarop

Some time ago you may remember us asking the community to submit their questions for a community Q&A with Gearbox Software about the upcoming title Aliens: Colonial Marines. We did a selection of the best and most commonly asked questions and today we have received the answers. Unfortunately, mainly due to time and resources constraints, just a few of the questions that were submitted have been answered. Click here to read the interview in full.

“One of the major goals we had in mind when we first started talking about Aliens: Colonial Marines was to offer a deeper insight into the mythology of the Aliens universe and answer some of the unresolved questions there. That's something we're very excited about, and a lot of that stems from discussions the team had with Ridley Scott. As I'm sure you can imagine, we're also very excited about the possibility of Prometheus offering additional insight and answers as well. “

A very special thanks to Sega and Gearbox for answering our questions as well as the community for getting involved.

metalos

I think, the Prometheus is a big reason, forwhy the game will coming out in the fall of 2012. I hope, the Gearbox built in a lot of thing, from the Prometheus. E.g. when we are in the Derelict the characters speak of the Space Jockey race, etc.

RubberChickenMan

Quote from: metalos on Apr 03, 2012, 01:19:39 PM
I think, the Prometheus is a big reason, forwhy the game will coming out in the fall of 2012. I hope, the Gearbox built in a lot of thing, from the Prometheus. E.g. when we are in the Derelict the characters speak of the Space Jockey race, etc.

I think so too.

Prometheus is an attempt to relaunch the franchise in a way and bring new fans.

Berserker Pred

Sounds cool, really want to see some multiplayer stuff!

RagingDragon

Cool, dude.  A great thing to wake up to, thanks Galaxy and Gearbox.  A lot of those answers just sounded good. ;D  Sentry guns placed anywhere, more player choices and independent Aliens than in the E3 footage, excitement has gone back up a bit for me.

The Prometheus/Ridley comment blew my face off.  If they get some creepy Prom stuff in with the Derelict level, I'm going to smile big.

And this, also reason for excite:

QuoteWhen a co-op player drops in, they take control of a freshly-spawned character that retains all of the perks and upgrades they've unlocked.
That's rad, as well as the concern about replay and long-term playing value.  If it is good, Gearbox, many of us would play this game into the ground, most likely for years on end, and buy all of your damned DLC because there's so many who can't wait to get behind a great Aliens product.

If you build it, they will come.

Very happy, thanks again.  COMEON PAX.

Requiem28

This game is taking FOREVER to come out.

WinterActual

I am disappointed. "There was no time" is not an excuse for answering 7 out of more than 20 questions. If you are a dev working on this title you will know every detail about it. Its about matter of 20-30 min at best to answer 30 questions and this can be done if that dev went into the WC with his laptop and answer them while he do his job. And this is for about half hour of ONE DAY, but they got about month or so to answer the questions and still they managed just 7. I can't believe this  >:(

Predaker

Predaker

Thanks for the Q&A.

I wish we got more answers but who doesnt?  :D I think they are holding out on purpose. That is okay. There will be more info tomorrow after the embargo is lifted.

Narcissus

I too believe that the delay in the release is a direct result of marketing that coincides with the eventual Blu Ray/dvd release of "Prometheus" on home video. It is after all, a natural tie-in.  There may even be some revelations in "Prometheus" that are game changers as far as a direction to some part of the sub-plot of this games story? 

RagingDragon

Quote from: Narcissus on Apr 03, 2012, 05:12:36 PM
I too believe that the delay in the release is a direct result of marketing that coincides with the eventual Blu Ray/dvd release of "Prometheus" on home video. It is after all, a natural tie-in.  There may even be some revelations in "Prometheus" that are game changers as far as a direction to some part of the sub-plot of this games story?
This would really be sweet, I think.  From everything I've seen of Prometheus, it looks stunning.  I don't know if I could handle a great Alien-related movie and great Colonial Marines game coming out within months.  I may slip into cultural shock and start eating lots of cereal while nailing boards to the front door.

Predaker

Space jockeys in competitive multiplayer, perhaps?  :D

piet11111

QuoteGearbox Software – We want to make sure the game is engaging and has lots of replay value to it, so we're experimenting with a variety of approaches to create more long-term engagement than typically seen in a first-person shooter. The upgrades and perks you choose to unlock across the campaign

I hope this means a newgame+ mode.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 03, 2012, 01:00:16 PM
Unfortunately, mainly due to time and resources constraints, just a few of the questions that were submitted have been answered.

Cheers for this Ikarop, they might not have answered many of our questions, but the ones they did answer were much more informative than usual.

Very happy with how they talk about player choice. Thats pretty much what I wanted to hear, after seeing the E3 Demo.

ikarop

Quote from: Sh0dan on Apr 03, 2012, 05:56:40 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Apr 03, 2012, 01:00:16 PM
Unfortunately, mainly due to time and resources constraints, just a few of the questions that were submitted have been answered.

Cheers for this Ikarop, they might not have answered many of our questions, but the ones they did answer were much more informative than usual.

Very happy with how they talk about player choice. Thats pretty much what I wanted to hear, after seeing the E3 Demo.

I agree :). Need to talk with you BTW!

Remonster

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 03, 2012, 04:16:13 PM
I am disappointed. "There was no time" is not an excuse for answering 7 out of more than 20 questions. If you are a dev working on this title you will know every detail about it. Its about matter of 20-30 min at best to answer 30 questions and this can be done if that dev went into the WC with his laptop and answer them while he do his job. And this is for about half hour of ONE DAY, but they got about month or so to answer the questions and still they managed just 7. I can't believe this  >:(

It's not that they couldn't answer the questions. They literally cannot answer them. Video Game marketing is planned out in a very specific way, and developers can get into a lot of trouble if they reveal things early.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed