The Game's Development Story Discussion

Started by Salt The Fries, Feb 08, 2013, 08:18:47 PM

Author
The Game's Development Story Discussion (Read 101,495 times)

ShadowPred

"To share intent..."

He did show what he intended the game to be, it just ended up nothing like what he was going for.

newbeing

I really wish there was some way to get a look at the script that David Weddle and Bradley Thompson worked on. Was it scrapped because it was too complicated or could it possibly have been worse than what we got?

SM

SM

I don't know if that's possible.

ShadowPred

There is no way that their script was even worse than what we ended up getting. I refuse to believe that such a possibility could even exist.

Ash 937

GBX probably couldn't fit enough of a game into a script that was very intricate...so they had to go with something more simple in the end.  The overall quality of the game matches the overall quality of the script when you think about it.  I'm sure that GBX's investment in the project squandered any good ideas that the original writers had going into the project. 

No commitment to level design, cut scenes, or even finishing the game = your game will be crap in writing department too.  No way around it.

The saddest thing about the game is that is sold very well despite it's quality...that's a message to other game companies to follow suit and do the same thing.

Nightlord

Quote from: newbeing on Jul 01, 2013, 07:23:50 PM
I really wish there was some way to get a look at the script that David Weddle and Bradley Thompson worked on. Was it scrapped because it was too complicated or could it possibly have been worse than what we got?
It couldn't have been worse, that's impossible.

That script was from back when the game was going to have us visit other places than LV-426 I believe, it probably got scrapped because of the shift to focusing entirely on LV-426.

demonbane

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 02, 2013, 12:59:48 AM
GBX probably couldn't fit enough of a game into a script that was very intricate...so they had to go with something more simple in the end.  The overall quality of the game matches the overall quality of the script when you think about it.  I'm sure that GBX's investment in the project squandered any good ideas that the original writers had going into the project. 

No commitment to level design, cut scenes, or even finishing the game = your game will be crap in writing department too.  No way around it.

The saddest thing about the game is that is sold very well despite it's quality...that's a message to other game companies to follow suit and do the same thing.
Just pray the gearbox and sega lose the lawsuit hard.

Inverse Effect

Me too.

Inverse Effect

Not to bump, but im curious if anyone has heard anything new

WinterActual

About what?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed