The Predator | Predator Versus Challenge | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 27, 2018, 03:07:25 PM

Author
The Predator | Predator Versus Challenge | 20th Century FOX (Read 12,828 times)

Ultimate Savage

The one that I only ever want to witness, is Riddick vs Predator.

I have wanted it for years, still talk about it, still post about it. DO IT!!!

Hollywood

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 27, 2018, 05:06:18 PM
Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 27, 2018, 03:54:41 PM
"friendly" Predator

I also think that the Friendlies (at least one of them) would have looked like this.
Not so bad at all... I expected worse.

It's a pity we won't see them. :S

I'm with you on that. I thought people were overreacting to the bad quality leaked pics. I would have liked to see how they looked in the actual film.

azamultic

Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 27, 2018, 06:17:46 PM

I'm with you on that. I thought people were overreacting to the bad quality leaked pics. I would have liked to see how they looked in the actual film.

Agree with you Hollywood  :)

Wysps

Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 27, 2018, 06:17:46 PM
Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 27, 2018, 05:06:18 PM
Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 27, 2018, 03:54:41 PM
"friendly" Predator

I also think that the Friendlies (at least one of them) would have looked like this.
Not so bad at all... I expected worse.

It's a pity we won't see them. :S

Yes, I never quite understood the Preds in Pants controversy.  Though this is not the same "look" of the Predator that was riding the military vehicle, I'm sure they could have pulled it off.  Even still, I don't regret them being cut from the film - their role left much to be desired.

Brzrkr

I thought I was going to be an option. That's disappointing.

Huggs

The Punisher, for God's sake fight the Punisher. This movie needs to happen.

WolfPre

Nice featurate, and I really really liked  :)

IMAX Advance booking is still not opened in Singapore...

brokentusk420

Get out of here with those stupid looking pants! Friendly or not that's one of the dumbest design choices I've ever seen. No reason Whata so ever except for lack of creativity to have this. They have zero need for human clothes and any of our tech. That's like trading guns and ammo for bows and arrows...smfh

bobcunk

bobcunk

I think predator are to cocky, we've seen 3 predators killed fairly early buy people. Two by practically naked men with a primitive weapon.

They looked like cheaper stunt shoots I  the scenes we saw.

Danversity

Quote from: Ultimate Savage on Aug 27, 2018, 05:53:12 PM
The one that I only ever want to witness, is Riddick vs Predator.

I have wanted it for years, still talk about it, still post about it. DO IT!!!

Now that would be BADASS. The whole concept of Riddick is great, and I think his movies, though I quite like them, are yet to fully live up to his potential as a character. Putting him against a Predator would just be brilliant.

Huggs

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 28, 2018, 02:03:04 AM
Get out of here with those stupid looking pants! Friendly or not that's one of the dumbest design choices I've ever seen. No reason Whata so ever except for lack of creativity to have this. They have zero need for human clothes and any of our tech. That's like trading guns and ammo for bows and arrows...smfh

True, you can't throw pants at 2100 fps.  ;)

Rev44

The fact they even considered that ridiculous human-clothes wearing abomination makes me think the people behind this movie just see the Predator as some generic man-in-a-suit monster, which they can strap any ridiculous plot contrivance on to.

It's the same thing with the 'Upgrade' - because to them the Predator is just some dumb movie monster, their logic is you have to keep making monsters bigger to keep them scary and impressive. 

With each movie we seem to move further and further away from the original, simple but great premise: An alien hunter who visits planets to hunt dangerous creatures for sport.

Hollywood

QuoteThe fact they even considered that ridiculous human-clothes wearing abomination makes me think the people behind this movie just see the Predator as some generic man-in-a-suit monster, which they can strap any ridiculous plot contrivance on to.

"Abomination" lol f**king hell  ::)

This quote by Shane Black makes me think you're 100% wrong:

"Everyone knows what they look like, let's remind them how deadly they are. Let's remind them how the Predator strikes and retreats, how bloodily and efficiently he just makes mince meat out of anybody who gets in his way. If you can reawaken in people, not just the knowledge of ,"Oh, look, that's what the Predator looks like," no, this is what the Predator acts like. This is how badass he is."

Danversity

Quote from: Rev44 on Aug 28, 2018, 10:07:50 AM
The fact they even considered that ridiculous human-clothes wearing abomination makes me think the people behind this movie just see the Predator as some generic man-in-a-suit monster, which they can strap any ridiculous plot contrivance on to.

Friend, you'd be appalled with the stupid things they come up with for ANY movie before they drop them. Not a The Predator exclusive thing. Have we suddenly forgot what the Predator creature was originally supposed to look like?

D88M

Quote from: Danversity on Aug 28, 2018, 05:51:05 PM
Quote from: Rev44 on Aug 28, 2018, 10:07:50 AM

Friend, you'd be appalled with the stupid things they come up with for ANY movie before they drop them. Not a The Predator exclusive thing. Have we suddenly forgot what the Predator creature was originally supposed to look like?

Yeah but they even shot the scenes, and remember, the leaked script was awful, in hollywood is very usual to change movies from their conception until weeks before release, it makes no sense and is a waste of money, which is what all the suit people are about after all. They have to make a good script, shoot what is it in there, and that is it. No reshoots, no butchering in post production because of pointless test screenings/audiences opinions, just make a movie.

Regards to the "Camo Pred" design, iuck, i dont know which is the worst idea, Friendly Camo Preds (why this insistence of making Predators work with humans?), or Predator Dogs (which was already an awful idea in Predators)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed