July's Hunting Grounds Free Update Is Here - Free Alpha Predator For All & City Hunter DLC Announced!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 17, 2020, 02:13:44 PM

Author
July's Hunting Grounds Free Update Is Here - Free Alpha Predator For All & City Hunter DLC Announced! (Read 26,567 times)

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: molasar on Jul 22, 2020, 04:48:56 AM
Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 22, 2020, 04:30:28 AM
I mean if alpha and city hunter are going to be paid dlc, any chance i could get the pre order jungle hunter helmet at least? I think you unlock something similar to it with the elder class though if I'm not mistaken? I'm only level 53 :P

Alpha P. is not paid DLC. He is unlockable at level 100 or with a NA exclusive code for PS4 which is a bonus included in the first limited batch of Neca's Alpha P. figurine.
JH helmet can be unlocked through Field Lockers.
And P. Elder has the JH helmet too.
Elder Helmet is a undamaged JH helmet, yes, but it's not the same, it's also rusty

Voodoo Magic

Rusty indeed. I think it suits the Elder well.

SuperiorIronman

With City Hunter coming does anybody know where the "Ghost" name came from? For the life of me I can't find a citation for it. I assumed it came from a toy but I can't find anything.

molasar

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 24, 2020, 12:19:55 AM
With City Hunter coming does anybody know where the "Ghost" name came from? For the life of me I can't find a citation for it. I assumed it came from a toy but I can't find anything.

This one is easy.

"Mommy, I saw a ghost!"

Galactus123

Galactus123

I'm very excited about the City Hunter skin. The mask looks too grey in that pic. Shouldn't it be more brown/bronze?

SuperiorIronman

I'm honestly not sure about the coloration since lighting in Predator 2 can be pretty dark so the armor can come across darker than it actually is. That being said this could also be due to whatever lighting they use when they take these shots. The game itself has different lighting dependent on if one is in the game's menus or during gameplay. So wherever they took this it could make the armor look brighter than it is.

If it is wrong I don't doubt they'd change it later since they fixed Jungle Hunter.

PAS Spinelli

Seems like it's in bright reddish lighting, if you look at the dreadlocks (which btw, are unique) you'll see it's reflecting red

Tichinde

Well going by the models, neca figures, etc it's like a copper color. But it's a prototype model from what we can see the one they put on the road map looks better, though that might not be in game. We shall see. I also think I'm gonna have a problem if the effects are blue and not orange like p2 would look out of place

PAS Spinelli

If some helmets have special heat vision modes than I might start buying all the DLCs for sure lmao

SuperiorIronman

I don't think they'd change the vision or cloaking FX. Though changing the gamma to be lower does go a long way in improving the game's visuals at least in my opinion. So when City Hunter launches he might look good under certain options.

molasar

molasar

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/predator-hunting-grounds/city-hunter-predator-pack

"City Hunter Predator Pack
From the concrete jungle of Los Angeles, emerge from the shadows as the City Hunter – the new premium Predator class from the iconic 1990 film.
This DLC pack includes the City Hunter Predator class and 16 armor tints, as well as early access* to the Classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher weapons and 9 weapon tints so you can hunt the Fireteam in fearsome style.
*Classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher unlockable to all via gameplay by September 2020."

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/patch-1-16/12536

Corporal Hicks

*patiently waiting for the PS4 blog to drop so I've got swanky pictures*

SuperiorIronman

Waiting on the patch to finish before I can try him out. Just got a look at his stats though and wow that's pretty good. I have a feeling we're going to see City Hunter a lot in the next week as a result. Like at a glance it's a better Berserker or Elder.

Wrist launcher is a gear piece and it's locked in for City Hunter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed