Damon Lindelof talks Prometheus [Video]

Started by Darkoo, Jun 28, 2011, 04:37:28 AM

Author
Damon Lindelof talks Prometheus [Video] (Read 22,918 times)

Tangakkai

Ohhh Damon, I've got so much respect for you because of what you did with the genious epic of "Lost", but why would you need to bash Star Wars, the greatest franchise that movie history has brought us so far... it's a battle you can only lose...

However, I really like the idea of this not being an alien movie, but the events still happening in the same world.

It's something different and something new.

His opinions about Prequels is useless though, if it were for him we would have prequels that aren't prequels at all  ???

Solidus

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 28, 2011, 06:03:11 AM
bhaha sticks, if everyone keeps saying it (Star Wars prequel bashing) it must be true  :P.

I like Lindelofs take on what makes a prequel good and what he liked about the original, cant wait to see if harvest was the original script he referenced, im getting a gut feeling its part shadow 19.

Interesting.

I think not. Damon was called in in mid 2010, and the Harvest Script was out before then I believe. To me this interview futher proved the Alien Harvest script was a bunch of bull. Mainly because he said it was under lock and key and they had some one standing over him while he read it so he could not leak it out. I believe the Harvest Script came out early 2010, if that is the case Fox would not have given a damn and just sent him the script via email if it was already leaked. To me this kinda proved it was never leaked, and like I always figured the Alien Harvest script was bogus.

Valaquen

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 28, 2011, 11:18:26 PM
His opinions about Prequels is useless though, if it were for him we would have prequels that aren't prequels at all  ???
No, he meant that prequels shouldn't exist solely to set up everything we know in the original movie, but should have self-contained stories of their own. And his think his Star Wars criticism was quite fair; he was hardly screaming about childhoods being raped.

CainsSon

Quote from: Solidus on Jun 29, 2011, 06:09:26 PM
Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 28, 2011, 06:03:11 AM
bhaha sticks, if everyone keeps saying it (Star Wars prequel bashing) it must be true  :P.

I like Lindelofs take on what makes a prequel good and what he liked about the original, cant wait to see if harvest was the original script he referenced, im getting a gut feeling its part shadow 19.

Interesting.

I think not. Damon was called in in mid 2010, and the Harvest Script was out before then I believe. To me this interview futher proved the Alien Harvest script was a bunch of bull. Mainly because he said it was under lock and key and they had some one standing over him while he read it so he could not leak it out. I believe the Harvest Script came out early 2010, if that is the case Fox would not have given a damn and just sent him the script via email if it was already leaked. To me this kinda proved it was never leaked, and like I always figured the Alien Harvest script was bogus.

Yes; but we knew of at least 4 rewrites before Lindelof was brought in, so that doesn't disqualify it. It just disqualifies it, in it's original form. The version that leaked. But we already knew that. Its still all kinda in the air, like a dangling carrot. There's just no telling what of that script wasn't rewritten before Lindelof was brought on, if it was legit. There could have been major changes and I don't think it's possible that if Harvest was an early draft, that there haven't been major changes.

For instance, he mentions having read the Spaihts script and thinking, they should separate the story from linking up to ALIEN, as HARVEST certainly did. If you make those adjustments, that would already change some major things in HARVEST.

So, it's tough.

Pn2501

Lindelof might not be 100% honest about the anecdotal story of reading the script, and one of scott free's problems could have been that it was leaked, maybe it bogus maybe it's not, time will tell, I don't really care either way honestly as I didn't mind some aspects if it.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 28, 2011, 10:55:21 PM
So wmmvrrvrrmm youre interested in Ridleys direction and ideas, Noomi's acting and Gigers concepts....isn't that saying you're interested in seeing the film? Logic doesn't really add up.

Well, I'll see it anyway, I even saw Adjustment Bureau at the cinema and Skyline too realising that I wouldn't think much of them. The idea of a monster design by Neville Page and a script by Lindelof script doesn't inspire me particularily. I hope they've developed since if their work is a main feature of the movie as much as we're being led to understand. I'm not too keen about Lindelof rattling on about being a "fanboy".

I keep thinking about how ill I felt when i found out that Joss Whedon was writing Alien Resurrection.

And I keep thinking about the wonderful time we had when people were hurling verbal abuse at one of the Strause brothers when he was a member of this forum.

There's something not right.

But if Lindelof is just stepping in as a name and nothing more to give interest to the film, I'm not too concerned.

Valaquen

I thought Giger was doing the designs and Page was building them, ala Rambaldi?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 30, 2011, 04:42:59 PM

I would prefer this, but it seems Neville said about his meeting with Ridley " he said: 'You've got a tall order here because you have to do something that's better than Giger'
Now you're scaring me, because I just don't know if that can be done.
I drew my heart out and created the best I could and Ridley liked it. If Ridley is good with it, then you've done your job""

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/06/neville-page-you-have-to-do-something.html?showComment=1308435883046#c4772401280773281921

Valaquen

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jun 30, 2011, 07:49:35 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 30, 2011, 04:42:59 PM

I would prefer this, but it seems Neville said about his meeting with Ridley " he said: 'You've got a tall order here because you have to do something that's better than Giger'
Now you're scaring me, because I just don't know if that can be done.
I drew my heart out and created the best I could and Ridley liked it. If Ridley is good with it, then you've done your job""

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/06/neville-page-you-have-to-do-something.html?showComment=1308435883046#c4772401280773281921
I read that quote from Page, and yet Giger was apparently on board as a designer, in a hands-off capacity ... I took Page to mean that he was to physically create something better than Giger, not necessarily design it ... but ... I don't know ... Maybe Giger designed some creatures and Page another? I want Giger beasts.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 30, 2011, 08:02:13 PM

I read that quote from Page, and yet Giger was apparently on board as a designer, in a hands-off capacity ... I took Page to mean that he was to physically create something better than Giger, not necessarily design it ... but ... I don't know ... Maybe Giger designed some creatures and Page another? I want Giger beasts.

Well, Giger is designing something, that is for sure. There has been this issue that Scott wanted someone new to design a new creature because Giger was unlikely to come up with something fresh.  And here it seems that Page did a drawing of a creature that was supposed to be better than Giger's, and the result was something that Ridley liked.

Valaquen

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jun 30, 2011, 08:14:50 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 30, 2011, 08:02:13 PM

Well, Giger is designing something, that is for sure. There has been this issue that Scott wanted someone new to design a new creature because Giger was unlikely to come up with something fresh.  And here it seems that Page did a drawing of a creature that was supposed to be better than Giger's, and the result was something that Ridley liked.
I was hoping that Scott just gave Page Giger's Necronomicon and said, "build it!"  :laugh:

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 30, 2011, 08:26:12 PM
I was hoping that Scott just gave Page Giger's Necronomicon and said, "build it!"  :laugh:

or even draw something with this, that, that and this

CainsSon

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jun 30, 2011, 08:46:03 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 30, 2011, 08:26:12 PM

or even draw something with this, that, that and this

Honestly, Giger was all they needed, designing new creatures. I dont trust anybody else to do something interesting. Even if thye used other people for contrast, I have never been scared by anything Neville Page has designed.

ThisBethesdaSea

Can someone point me to a link in regards to a strausse brother being pummeled on this site? That would be a fun read.

Pn2501

the search button is a click away.

Yeah my only possible missgiving with lindelof writing, is wether his tone is a right fit for Ridley, he even address the problem in the interview, saying how he has a lighter tone, and ridley is very serious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed