Damon Lindelof talks Prometheus [Video]

Started by Darkoo, Jun 28, 2011, 04:37:28 AM

Author
Damon Lindelof talks Prometheus [Video] (Read 23,126 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

QuoteWant to learn lots about Star Trek producer (& sequel co-writer/producer) Damon Lindelof? Yesterday Damon spent 2 hour & 40 minutes on The Kevin Pollak Chat Show. Amazingly they barely touch on Star Trek, but Lindelof talks about his genesis as a writer, a lot about Lost plus Twitter feuds Cowboys & Aliens, Prometheus, collaborating with JJ Abrams and Ridley Scott, and more
http://trekmovie.com/2011/06/27/watch-epix-2-hour-40-minute-interview-with-damon-lindelof-sorry-no-star-trek-2012-news/
[2:18:00] Prometheus (and working with Ridley Scott) and its connection to Alien franchise
[2:25:00] - [2:34:00] More on Ridley Scott and Prometheus [fun fact: took 2 weeks to write first draft of script]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzRjHDAgRmk#ws

Sharp Sticks

Pretty interesting interview. Filled my daily quota of misguided Star Wars prequel bashing too.

From what I can tell he basically just rehashed what Ridley has already said, only with helpful life lessons.

Great work as always Darkoo.

Bat Chain Puller

I liked how writers all magically become something else on a movie set when the writers strike was happening. This guy was a 'producer' that I'm SURE did no rewrites, or script doctoring during his tenure on the set.  ::)

On Prometheus: This guy untangles a lot of the rhetoric that's been confusing people and really spells it out for everyone. This IS in the alien universe but without anything you'd recognize as an Alien. Dope.

Pn2501

bhaha sticks, if everyone keeps saying it (Star Wars prequel bashing) it must be true  :P.

I like Lindelofs take on what makes a prequel good and what he liked about the original, cant wait to see if harvest was the original script he referenced, im getting a gut feeling its part shadow 19.

Interesting.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 28, 2011, 06:03:11 AM
bhaha sticks, if everyone keeps saying it (Star Wars prequel bashing) it must be true  :P.
Popular opinion isn't invulnerable.

Ghostface

Good to hear some confirmations. I'm glad they are trying to be original and shock the audience again rather than rehashing old trends. 10 points Sir.

Bad Replicant

I found his comments pretty encouraging. Glad he seems to feel so strongly about the movie standing on it's own in a story sense and not just repeating the same formulas again.

Also, the Larry King impersonation at the end is hilarious.

robbritton

Seems about ideal to me - I want to see something new that works in universe.
Has that ever been successfully done before? i can only think of Soldier to Blade Runner, which really, really wasn't!

Keyes

Nice interview. Damon seems really smart, and his ideas regarding what a prequel should be makes sense. Ultimately doing it this way will be stronger, and will allow the film to stand on it's own merits.

Circadian

Quote from: Daz85 on Jun 28, 2011, 01:06:31 PM
Nice interview. Damon seems really smart, and his ideas regarding what a prequel should be makes sense. Ultimately doing it this way will be stronger, and will allow the film to stand on it's own merits.

This. I was very impressed, he sounds like he knows what he's doing (fingers crossed).

ThisBethesdaSea

I have confidence. This will rock. Now I want a description of the footage shown today.

Snowdog

He's cool, i'm getting excited i guess  ;D also we got a little bit confirmation it is in fact in the alien universe. i do hope we will get to see the space jockeys and maybe a xenomorph.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I'll be interested in Ridley's direction and ideas,  Noomi's acting and anything that Giger adds to the film. The rest doesn't look like my cup of tea

Corporal Hicks

That was an interesting interview. Makes me question the Harvest script again considering the security.

ThisBethesdaSea

So wmmvrrvrrmm youre interested in Ridleys direction and ideas, Noomi's acting and Gigers concepts....isn't that saying you're interested in seeing the film? Logic doesn't really add up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed