Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots

Started by Johnny Handsome, Jul 31, 2018, 04:50:31 PM

Author
Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots (Read 27,261 times)

ChanceVance

Predators deciding to cheat and roid up. Wow they're like hackers on online games who make themselves invincible and then pretend they accomplished a hard fought victory.

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 01, 2018, 03:17:36 AM
Sorry, I agree with R.S on this one, and it doesn't help that the soundtrack is subpar and overbearing.

Also whoa whoa whoa somebody thinks the BR2049 soundtrack is subpar? To each their own but I thought it was one of the best soundtracks I have heard in a long time.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 01, 2018, 06:59:31 AM
I can imagine City Hunter being a champion. He killed a shitload of armed to the teeth guys in close combat, eliminated Keys team with ease. He was also pretty smart, tracking Harrigan and the others in a big town, purposefully killing specific people to unsettle Harrigan even more and only ever got scratched by Harrigan himself.

Also, the others seemed sad and acting pretty respectful when he got killed.

There is never, ever an idication that he's a young Predator or anything, i go by what is actually shown in the movies, and this guy is an A-Class killing machine.

I agree with you, he just got too cocky in the end, like jungle hunter

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ChanceVance on Aug 01, 2018, 01:21:51 PM
Predators deciding to cheat and roid up. Wow they're like hackers on online games who make themselves invincible and then pretend they accomplished a hard fought victory.

They all cheat anyway. Invisibility, weaponry far in advanced of anything their prey has, specific vision modes to more easily identify prey...It's not inconceivable to me that others would take it even further. When we have the ability to safely do things like "upgrade" ourselves, you can be certain people will take that opportunity.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2018, 01:28:47 PM

They all cheat anyway. Invisibility, weaponry far in advanced of anything their prey has, specific vision modes to more easily identify prey...It's not inconceivable to me that others would take it even further. When we have the ability to safely do things like "upgrade" ourselves, you can be certain people will take that opportunity.

Yeah i agree, why some of them wouldn't ? Like humans, they can take things further indeed.

Jesscobb

Slightly off topic, but predator style advert from Brownells guns inc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj9bxGg9pvA

The Old One

The Old One

Sorry, I agree with R.S on this one, and it doesn't help that the soundtrack is subpar and overbearing.

Also whoa whoa whoa somebody thinks the BR2049 soundtrack is subpar? To each their own but I thought it was one of the best soundtracks I have heard in a long time.

I don't think Hans Zimmer has composed anything worthwhile in his life, it's just an inferior version of Vangelis score that sounds like it was mixed in with a motorbike engine.

I think it's extremely disappointing that not only an excellent film like BR2049 has that score but also that we'll never get what Johann Johannsson would have composed for the picture.
May he rest in peace.

Rankles75

I enjoyed BR2049, though it wasn't a patch on the original, but thought the soundtrack was very disappointing...

Master

Whole BR2049 was  dissapointing.  Tried 3 times before I finally managed to get through it.

OpenMaw

That's because one of their own had died.

Greyback didn't look particularly pissed off at Harrigan for the killing. He gave Harrigan an Atta Boy and left.

There is never, ever an idication that he's a young Predator or anything, i go by what is actually shown in the movies, and this guy is an A-Class killing machine.

He slaughters a number of gang bangers, cops, and group of government agents, yes. But he's also incredibly sloppy. He leaves behind equipment, even when he doesn't have to (the spear tip) he openly engages these groups, showing no sign of stealth or concern, an dhe led Harrigan back to the tribes ship.

Not particularly pro.

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Raoh76 on Aug 01, 2018, 12:49:57 PM
Wolf was the best predator champion out of all the friggin movies, what are you talking about Master? 

His feats way surpassed all others, I mean just look at the rich history on his weapon/biomask display case, as well as his face (yes I suppose by virtue of the acid scar one could count that as he f'ed up...but he SURVIVED to tell the tale)

What feats? The aliens in AVPR were weak pathetic pussies who couldn't even get out of the grip of his hand. A 10 year old predator could beat the shit out of those pathetic bugs. Yet despite that, and the predalien inexplicably not killing him whenever he had the chance, he still failed at his mission and left his tech all over town and just openly announced his presence to the world whenever he got the chance. Wolf's not a champion, he's the mentally handicapped kid on the short bus. At least city hunter used some stealth and skill.

azamultic

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 01, 2018, 05:22:14 PM

That's because one of their own had died.

Greyback didn't look particularly pissed off at Harrigan for the killing. He gave Harrigan an Atta Boy and left.

He slaughters a number of gang bangers, cops, and group of government agents, yes. But he's also incredibly sloppy. He leaves behind equipment, even when he doesn't have to (the spear tip) he openly engages these groups, showing no sign of stealth or concern, an dhe led Harrigan back to the tribes ship.

Not particularly pro.

In this case they are all not very professional, I mean first predator got killed by the tree, when he had so many chances, also left a lot of tech too. Second one did the same mistake (talking about his aggressive style is a little bit different. I mean Joe Frazier was famous for his more brawling style of fighting then Mohammed Ali's more slick style of fighting, but no body would say that Joe wasn't an amazing boxer) so talking about the style is a little bit off. And in the end it's all tools of the writing, they separated these two predators by different hunting styles. I don't see no new blood idea in these movies.

yautjapet

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 01, 2018, 04:03:59 PM

I don't think Hans Zimmer has composed anything worthwhile in his life, it's just an inferior version of Vangelis score that sounds like it was mixed in with a motorbike engine.

I think it's extremely disappointing that not only an excellent film like BR2049 has that score but also that we'll never get what Johann Johannsson would have composed for the picture.
May he rest in peace.

If you dislike Zimmer, I'm curious what composers you do enjoy? Aside from Johannsson, obviously, since you mentioned him!

Samhain13

Samhain13

"So without getting into that, I think it's important to understand that maybe there are factions, and that we can choose one faction, let's say there's a particularly irritable group of Predators on Predator world and let's say that having bested their champions, not once but twice in the past, that they're not really happy with Earth, and so in that event it would make sense for them to strike back. And it might not be all Predators, but it is in particular a group of very angry Predators who aren't above maybe even cheating a little bit."

Not happy with Earth due to the deaths of 2 of them... really sounds like the upgrade got a big insecure predator ego, in the Predator 2 novel Pussyface was excited due to Anytime's death and that was what motivated him to come to Earth in the first place.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2018, 01:28:47 PM
They all cheat anyway. Invisibility, weaponry far in advanced of anything their prey has, specific vision modes to more easily identify prey...It's not inconceivable to me that others would take it even further.

For me it's the opposite now that you mention that, they are already so overpowered next to most prey due to all their assets so roiding just seem like it will end up taking all the fun of the challenge.  I could see the Hish from the novels doing this, as they were space slavers, but hunters who enjoy challeging themselves... doesn't fit in for me.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 01, 2018, 05:59:24 PM
If you dislike Zimmer, I'm curious what composers you do enjoy?
Aside from Johannsson, obviously, since you mentioned him!

Jed Kurzel, Mica Levi, Elliott Goldenthal, Mark Griskey, Jack Wall, Sam Hullick, Clint Mansell, Michael McCann, Michael Kamen, John Ottoman, Marco Beltrami & Howard Shore.

Marc505

Marc505

There's going to be absolute reams and reams of additional, cut footage on the DVD release! It'll be the Alien 3 of Predator movies. Excellent!

*Wrote that before listening to the full interview, perhaps not hours of extras then... Interesting to hear him discuss the wider Predator culture, coincidentally been thinking about this a lot recently myself!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed