PC Patch #2 Details - Comparison Screenshots/Videos Inside

Started by ikarop, Mar 15, 2013, 01:37:15 AM

Author
PC Patch #2 Details - Comparison Screenshots/Videos Inside (Read 37,852 times)

Aceburster

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 20, 2013, 04:07:08 AM
I think the Aliens work best when the Lurkers are mixed in. The warriors will be charging you as the lurkers peek around boxes or dart across the ceiling to tackle you. I got tackled by one flying into a window earlier, from a rock ledge a ways away. It was crazy. The spitters are also bothersome and accurate as hell. No rupture though, which is great. I do miss the acid, but there's always badass mode.

there was quite a bit of jumping and flanking when I played bughunt earlier. The spitters deal pretty good damage too and kept getting behind me without me seeing. I dug it. Tbh though, the acid in sp is stroooong now and the soldiers like to 2 hit combo off half your life on soldier difficulty so having that in bughunt might almost be too much lol.

I did have an instance in bughunt where a lurker jumped on me and after I tossed him off he just stood there faliling waiting for me to get back up lol. I died...

I say buff the xenos in bughunt and get rid of the mercs, or get rid of the mercs and add queens and crushers and ravens. some sorta bosses or something. Damn mercs man....

RagingDragon

I know. The Aliens get tough as hell, but the modes would be great if you had something boss-like, even if it were just at the end.

Beat the Mercenary map on Soldier diff. and it just said "completed all waves!" and f**king ends :laugh: At the end, we were on top of an APC in a garage, behind two sentry guns, unloading into WY heavies and near invincible aliens with pistols and grenades. Was quite awesome, but nothing exactly special happens when you survive. :P

Xhan

QuoteIt's pretty close to what we saw on the previous demo's

The hell it is.

EvilPraetorian

Quote from: Xhan on Mar 21, 2013, 08:42:51 AM

The hell it is.

It is though,  If you compare demo footage with post patch footage it IS pretty close.

You left out part of my post by the way when you quoted me,  I did say afterwards in the same post that it still needs work and that the current patch is a step in the right direction,  Keep up.

Porkus Maximus

The new graphics are pretty similar to the demo footage... if you're watching the demo footage in 240p.

Xhan

Quote from: EvilPraetorian on Mar 22, 2013, 10:39:25 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Mar 21, 2013, 08:42:51 AM

The hell it is.

It is though,  If you compare demo footage with post patch footage it IS pretty close.

You left out part of my post by the way when you quoted me,  I did say afterwards in the same post that it still needs work and that the current patch is a step in the right direction,  Keep up.

You keep up. It isn't even close except for sound and ONE alien animation.

Nutlink

Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 19, 2013, 08:42:39 PM
Come on, why is this board so dead? Bug Hunt just came out, with a huge PC patch that's supposed to fix graphics and *gasp* Alien AI behavior...

And no one's saying shit.

Come on, you freaking PC elitists. When there's whining to be done, ho look at all of the new comments! But something good happens and we hardly have any posts.

How is it for you guys on the PC? Is it better? Film grain? AI? Glitches? Graphics? Thought this would be huge news, but we get crickets.

Bug Hunt is also pretty fun, save for those god-awful WY mercs, and for $15, it offers far more playtime than any of the weak CoD DLC's which are priced the same. I still agree with some of you that they should've just thrown it in for free, but that would require some intelligence on their part. Still, it's easily worth the money compared to similarly priced DLC's for other titles. Best thing about the game for me, really, besides playing Alien in mp.

http://games.opensteamworks.org/Chart/View/49540

Player counts are pathetically low.  However....

It's still the same crappy SP.  The AI is a little more aggressive, but still extremely stupid and still gets in the way.  The film grain is overdone with no way to turn it off or lower it.  It's hard to tell graphically simply because the film grain covers up a lot of the crappy looks the game had before.  A few textures are noticeably better, but still ugly as hell.  Bughunt is a bit of fun until the WY mercs show up, and after that it's all downhill.  Price-wise, I'd take CoD map packs over this any day simply because those four maps in CoD would see way more use than I'll probably get out of Bughunt.  And I haven't bought a CoD title in 2 years.

Xhan

The only change to the AI is Warriors will no longer leap back after meleeing you, and Lurkers will come out of hiding somewhat faster, and it's the same for campaign as it is for Bug Hunt.

WinterActual

Quote from: Njm1983 on Mar 19, 2013, 10:52:24 PM
Yeah I was wondering why you PC guys havent said much.
Maybe because I can't find a damn match that's not hosted from japan or some russian kid with his mic turned always on so I can hear his TV and his mom yelling in the background. I am not playing the game not because I don't want to but because 9 out of 10 matches I join are shit - very high ping or always on mic russian kids. Sometimes I get into games with UK or other english speaking guys who are mature but this is VERY rare. That's why I just gave up on ACM until they add dedicated servers at least. I am having fun with the game when I can play it right with decent ping etc. but for now I am pass.

szkoki

looks way better, dynamic lights, smoke, extra light effects eg in the cryotube section, that effect on the screen wich silent hill has, makes it like watching aliens on vhs, it hides the low texture more but its a good addition, the weather, raindrops looks better ...if the game would come out like this, no one would talk about its graphics that much, at least i would have been satisfied....well too bad about the campaigns

RayneStorm82

Anyone know what the new alien customisation options are? Many thanks  :)

Predaker

Quote from: RayneStorm82 on Mar 24, 2013, 12:14:29 PM
Anyone know what the new alien customisation options are? Many thanks  :)

Red dog collars with chrome spikes/studs. The soldier and spitter have the default head with the collar, while the lurker looks like the original alien with no dome wearing a collar.

EvilPraetorian

Quote from: Xhan on Mar 23, 2013, 02:36:43 AM

That may be,  But you are comparing a fully released game with another 6+ months of patches and updates to a demo that had "work in progress" stamped on the top right hand side.

The game is certainly a lot better in my eyes than it was pre-patch.

piff

Quote from: EvilPraetorian on Apr 02, 2013, 07:39:08 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Mar 23, 2013, 02:36:43 AM

That may be,  But you are comparing a fully released game with another 6+ months of patches and updates to a demo that had "work in progress" stamped on the top right hand side.

The game is certainly a lot better in my eyes than it was pre-patch.

so we have a great looking game now, just with no one play with...

looks like its back to avp2 and the AJL mod for me...

YutaniDitch

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 23, 2013, 07:48:58 AM
Quote from: Njm1983 on Mar 19, 2013, 10:52:24 PM
Yeah I was wondering why you PC guys havent said much.
Maybe because I can't find a damn match that's not hosted from japan or some russian kid with his mic turned always on so I can hear his TV and his mom yelling in the background. I am not playing the game not because I don't want to but because 9 out of 10 matches I join are shit - very high ping or always on mic russian kids. Sometimes I get into games with UK or other english speaking guys who are mature but this is VERY rare. That's why I just gave up on ACM until they add dedicated servers at least. I am having fun with the game when I can play it right with decent ping etc. but for now I am pass.

I only have ACM on the PC, and WinterActual is right on the money, there are NO matches to access! It is sad as hell, but the ONLY one I managed to get in, the mike sound was clipped as hell, the screen tear was all over the place, bugged even more than the game itself! So, multiplayer is a bust! The offline experience in the maps, well, you already know what I think about them!  :P

About the dedicated servers, highly doubt it, given the feedback and the Steam data! Gearbox is gonna ditch the game come Summer 2013, the day of the last planned DLC! So, why build dedicated servers at all NOW that the cat is outta the bag and people have given Gearbox such a hard time and SO deservedly so?!

It is a pity though, because even though I dislike the Xenos and Mercs AI and damage resistance, with three or four pals and three turrets, it is an awesome survival battle! Just check the youtube vids and see for yourselves! Too bad I can't get into one now...  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed