New Alien vs. Predator: Evolution Trailer & Images

Started by ikarop, Jan 28, 2013, 06:30:15 PM

Author
New Alien vs. Predator: Evolution Trailer & Images (Read 48,906 times)

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 28, 2013, 10:43:11 PM
BSPs?! In my AvP?! Hell no!

Gotta admit though, the game looks fun.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 28, 2013, 07:56:56 PM
It is nice to see the BSPs once more integrated into the actual plot of the AVP universe; I was half expecting to see them only in Predator 4 and any possible Predator sequels, this is a welcome surprise.

I'd have to disagree with you there.

As far as I am aware, Rodriguez didn't want PREDATORS to be part of the AvP universe. The BSPs really have no place there. This is probably something of stand alone game rather than something which could be considered a part of overall AvP continuity.

-Rakai'Thwei

Well, I like the fact that the BSPs are here cause it reminds us that the BSPs are a canon part of the universe, not something that can simply be tucked away in 1 small category; but I guess that's why you might hate it. :(

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 29, 2013, 02:20:46 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2013, 12:04:44 AM
Depends on whether you've been following the A:CM development.

[http://http://imgur.com/qtt9X]Final paragraph[/url]

Good. A:CM gets a bonus just for that. I hate combat droids. Especially in AVP 2010, they were annoying as Hell.

"I'm here to fight aliens and predators, not robots."

Well, didn't AVP2010 state that combat androids were illegal?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 29, 2013, 03:09:31 AM
Well, I like the fact that the BSPs are here cause it reminds us that the BSPs are a canon part of the universe, not something that can simply be tucked away in 1 small category; but I guess that's why you might hate it. :(

If you want to get into a continuity and canon debate, PM me a message. Be it on here or on PSN. I would be more than happy to discuss it with you but this is a discussion about the game.

However, I wouldn't consider this game to be canon with the AvP Universe. Don't get me wrong PredXeno, I agree with you that a lot of the EU is canon and all of that but I also follow the Word of God trope too. So in this case... I just have to disagree with you.

But as for me playing the game... Yeah, I'd play it. I just have to get an IPhone or a Pad.

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

Sorry, didn't mean to start another one of those canon arguments; just wanted to tell why I'm glad the BSPs are in this game, but that I also understand why you're less than thrilled about it.

shadowedge

This looks really cool. Also the storyline is intriguing from what we know.

SM

SM

#19
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 29, 2013, 12:57:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2013, 12:04:44 AM
Depends on whether you've been following the A:CM development.

[http://http://imgur.com/qtt9X]Final paragraph[/url]

The link doesn't work for me. :(

Sorry - my fault.  Should be right now.

QuoteWell, didn't AVP2010 state that combat androids were illegal?

Maybe in video games, but that doesn't seem to be the case in comics.  Or some games for that matter.

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2013, 04:46:29 AM
QuoteWell, didn't AVP2010 state that combat androids were illegal?

Maybe in video games, but that doesn't seem to be the case in comics.  Or some games for that matter.

Actually, I think those were regular androids; I think combat synths are specially designed somehow for warfare, that's probably why they can still walk with their heads shot off while normal androids can't.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 29, 2013, 06:20:35 AM
Actually, I think those were regular androids; I think combat synths are specially designed somehow for warfare, that's probably why they can still walk with their heads shot off while normal androids can't.

There are two different kinds of combat synthetics.

I know the ones in Aliens vs Predator 3 were hinted to be made from corpses from the human staff of BG-386. The Audio Journals even mention that numerous staff members were missing and somehow more combat androids seemed to show up right when said staff members turned up missing. One staff member claimed that he saw one missing staff member being turned into a combat android.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

Just saw this trailer like a minute or two ago, and it completely destroyed my low expectations. That was actually pretty cool.

HybridNewborn

This game looks awesome! Sad I missed the sign up for the beta.

Super glad the stuff from Predators is being incorporated into the larger AvP franchise, though a bit disappointed it looks that the Pred Hounds are going to be something associated with just the Super Preds instead of the the Preds in general.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 29, 2013, 12:38:29 AM
I wish I could talk about this game since I've been a part of the closed beta, but I can't... :(
Is there any indication when the game takes place, other than a general "around the time of the Alien films" sense of things?

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 29, 2013, 07:38:37 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 29, 2013, 06:20:35 AM
Actually, I think those were regular androids; I think combat synths are specially designed somehow for warfare, that's probably why they can still walk with their heads shot off while normal androids can't.

There are two different kinds of combat synthetics.

I know the ones in Aliens vs Predator 3 were hinted to be made from corpses from the human staff of BG-386. The Audio Journals even mention that numerous staff members were missing and somehow more combat androids seemed to show up right when said staff members turned up missing. One staff member claimed that he saw one missing staff member being turned into a combat android.

-Rakai'Thwei

I also remember some conversations from the game indicating that it was against the law for combat synths to look too human and that they had to be recognizably synthetic from a distance if they were combat synths.

Jango1201

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jan 29, 2013, 03:08:47 PM
This game looks awesome! Sad I missed the sign up for the beta.

Super glad the stuff from Predators is being incorporated into the larger AvP franchise, though a bit disappointed it looks that the Pred Hounds are going to be something associated with just the Super Preds instead of the the Preds in general.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 29, 2013, 12:38:29 AM
I wish I could talk about this game since I've been a part of the closed beta, but I can't... :(
Is there any indication when the game takes place, other than a general "around the time of the Alien films" sense of things?

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 29, 2013, 07:38:37 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 29, 2013, 06:20:35 AM
Actually, I think those were regular androids; I think combat synths are specially designed somehow for warfare, that's probably why they can still walk with their heads shot off while normal androids can't.

There are two different kinds of combat synthetics.

I know the ones in Aliens vs Predator 3 were hinted to be made from corpses from the human staff of BG-386. The Audio Journals even mention that numerous staff members were missing and somehow more combat androids seemed to show up right when said staff members turned up missing. One staff member claimed that he saw one missing staff member being turned into a combat android.

-Rakai'Thwei

I also remember some conversations from the game indicating that it was against the law for combat synths to look too human and that they had to be recognizably synthetic from a distance if they were combat synths.

In which audio files did you guys hear about all this? I've collected all of them and don't remember any of this stuff. ??? ??? ???

HybridNewborn

Given that they're using a bunch of stuff from Predators in the game, does anyone know if there's any Prometheus inspired elements incorporated as well?

Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 29, 2013, 03:12:18 PM
In which audio files did you guys hear about all this? I've collected all of them and don't remember any of this stuff. ??? ??? ???
The combat synths not looking human conversation is between characters and is not an audio log. I believe that it occurs during one of the Marine campaign levels when you first run into combat synths.


predxeno

Finishing kills, being able to summon facehuggers as the Alien, awesome plot; this is what AVP2010 should have been.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jan 29, 2013, 03:08:47 PM
Super glad the stuff from Predators is being incorporated into the larger AvP franchise, though a bit disappointed it looks that the Pred Hounds are going to be something associated with just the Super Preds instead of the the Preds in general.

You might want to see my posts to PredXeno regarding on the BSPs being intergrated into the AvP universe.

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jan 29, 2013, 04:49:17 PM
Given that they're using a bunch of stuff from Predators in the game, does anyone know if there's any Prometheus inspired elements incorporated as well?

Prometheus would work better in the AvP universe than Predators but... What I said about PREDATORS kind of applies to Prometheus in some small way.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 29, 2013, 09:21:53 PM
Finishing kills, being able to summon facehuggers as the Alien, awesome plot; this is what AVP2010 should have been.

What was wrong with AvP3?

-Rakai'Thwei

SM

QuoteActually, I think those were regular androids; I think combat synths are specially designed somehow for warfare, that's probably why they can still walk with their heads shot off while normal androids can't.

Aliens Book 1 had combat androids as a major plot point.  Then they pop up again in Stronghold.

And Ash was doing okay against Parker with no head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News