The alien that came from newts dad

Started by littlesprout, May 17, 2023, 02:11:57 AM

Author
The alien that came from newts dad (Read 3,048 times)

Necronomicon II

You're the new wasted life model they're putting out?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Jonjamess on May 29, 2023, 07:28:29 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 28, 2023, 11:04:47 PMYes, it's behind a mountain range and a good ways from the colony.
No, the movie implies the Derelict is destroyed along with the atmosphere processor and the colony. How do we know it is implied clearly? Because in Alien 3, WY is desperate to capture the dog alien and retrieve the embryo Ripley is carrying. If the Derelict was still intact they would just go there to get some Aliens instead. This is also then further confirmed with Alien Ressurection where they spend how many years trying to clone Ripley to get an Alien. Again if the Derelict was still there why would they bother doing this?

The only bit of Aliens media that states the Derelict did in fact survive the atmosphere processor explosion is the awful video game Colonial Marines which is not at all Canon.

So no the Derelict is not intact after the events of Aliens in terms of the lore.
The colonial Marines Technical Manual has it survive per the method I mentioned, and has a team sent to the derelict concurrently with the events of Alien3.

'Aliens' itself implies nothing about the Derelict's destruction, and in fact implies the opposite by demonstrating that it is quite far from the colony and behind a mountain range (stated in dialogue), which is why the CMTM capitalized on that explanation to have it survive.

The reason given in the lore for why they don't go back in Alien Resurrection is The Big Deletion. Alternately you could say that while WY knew of the Derelict's survival, the US Military (who was running the Auriga operation) did not.

Edit— just for chuckles I checked with Andrew Gaska on how the RPG handles it and the RPG leaves it deliberately open-ended, and "plants the seeds" that it survived.

SiL

SiL

Resurrection's novel explicitly states it was destroyed, which I think is the only media to do so.

[cancerblack]

I really need to dig that out and try to finish it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 30, 2023, 09:37:08 PMI really need to dig that out and try to finish it.

I'd prefer it if you would reread DotS and then explain it to me.

[cancerblack]

I can explain it to you now. The author really liked 50's crime and superhero comics, did a lot of drugs, then threw in a few token Alien and Predator panels whenever he sobered up enough to remember who'd hired him.

Local Trouble

But that sounds awful!

[cancerblack]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 30, 2023, 09:37:08 PMI really need to dig that out and try to finish it.

It's been a while since I read it, but I remember preferring it over the film.

City Hunter Yautja

[quote author ;D =[cancerblack] link=msg=2603452 date=1685489920]
I can explain it to you now. The author really liked 50's crime and superhero comics, did a lot of drugs, then threw in a few token Alien and Predator panels whenever he sobered up enough to remember who'd hired him.
[/quote]

ROFL  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed