Adam Savage on Alien: Covenant's Weapons & Blood Effects

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 03, 2017, 02:27:58 PM

Author
Adam Savage on Alien: Covenant's Weapons & Blood Effects (Read 14,841 times)

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2017, 06:01:06 PM
While I love the AUG and understand them wanting to make it less futuristic than the Pulse Rifle, I'm still a little miffed they didn't try harder to disguise the props they used.

True, although I do like the black under-barrel tactical light/laser sight attachment on the silver pistol. It reminds me of Jerry's weapon from Predator 2, although his was a Sig.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see a Weyland Storm Rifle incarnation of some sort.

Infected

It surprises me that nobody has said something about the green laser aim, i mean.....A........*cough.......V..........*hatsjoooo........P.....

szkoki

beware of heavy spoilers!

Spoiler
robot blood
[close]

Biggles

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2017, 06:01:06 PM
While I love the AUG and understand them wanting to make it less futuristic than the Pulse Rifle, I'm still a little miffed they didn't try harder to disguise the props they used.

Couldn't agree more. Except that at least the AUG had SOME disguise parts. Those ARs are even more present-day. Hardly a deal-breaker, just creatively lacking compared with even the weapons in Alien, Prometheus & A:R, let alone Aliens.

Huggs

I'll admit I was alittle disappointed when I saw actors sporting what appeared to be AUG's and M4's all those moons ago. But to be honest, the Pulse rifle was awesome, but it was Cameron's baby. It was the 80's man; the future was full of laser weapons, flying cars and big hair reigned eternal. Ridley kept a very honest feel to the future in Alien, very industrial, dirty and used. It was obviously advanced, but it felt plausible. Rifle platforms running .556, 7.62 and to some extent 5.7 may still be in moderate to heavy use well into the future. I appreciate Scott's decision more now. He's keeping it grounded.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Infected on May 03, 2017, 07:50:21 PM
It surprises me that nobody has said something about the green laser aim, i mean.....A........*cough.......V..........*hatsjoooo........P.....

No jinxing! If two characters end up talking about a "hunter's moon" and then laugh awkwardly, or if the Neomorph teams up with Daniels and awkwardly runs down a corridor alongside her, it's all your fault.

windebieste

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 04, 2017, 03:19:54 AM

No jinxing! If two characters end up talking about a "hunter's moon" and then laugh awkwardly, or if the Neomorph teams up with Daniels and awkwardly runs down a corridor alongside her, it's all your fault.

This... This is the movie I want to see now!

-Windebieste.

square.wave

square.wave

That's been my complaint too, ever since the first promotional stills were released. These are clearly AUG and AR-15 based props.  They also clearly have ACOG optics, which I guess is fine for 99% of people watching but it sorta breaks the suspension of disbelief for anybody who served in a Western military in the past 10-15 years.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: windebieste on May 04, 2017, 04:00:39 AM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 04, 2017, 03:19:54 AM

This... This is the movie I want to see now!

-Windebieste.

Plant the seed now brotha. Let's make this happen for "Awakening." It's confirmed Ridley pays attention to fan reaction. Flying slo-mo facehuggers and teamups or we riot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed