How bad is the teen drama? *Spoilers*

Started by That Yellow Alien, Dec 26, 2007, 05:02:53 AM

Author
How bad is the teen drama? *Spoilers* (Read 6,515 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

After reading countless reviews, it seems this is one of the worst points of the film. Did it suck that bad?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 26, 2007, 05:02:53 AM
After reading countless reviews, it seems this is one of the worst points of the film. Did it suck that bad?

It didn't bother me. I related to a lot of this stuff so that's probably why. But it wasn't annoying if that's what you mean. Others might feel different though.

Saberfox

Saberfox

At first it feels a little cheesy.. but it's not horrible, it has a bit of a gruff edge to it that you don't normally feel from cliched teen drama in movies.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Kind of. There's a scene where Ricky is delivering pizza and there's jocks sitting in the living room watching tv making fun of Ricky. Never thought I'd see such a thing in an Alien film, hell even a Predator film. Ridley Scott would be offended.

Then there's the pool scene then that's about it. "Remember Ricky, everything this little slut knows I taught her!"-Dale "Bitch"-Bully to Ricky.

The Chibi Kiriyama

It was really, really cliche. And random, on top of that.

*SPOILERS*

There's a part where Ricky's done talking to Jessi in the kitchen, and then when he's walking to his car he just gets jumped for no reason. Dale's actor is horrendous. So is his posse. The most memorable thing that dude does is get verbally pwned by Dallas and die.

The only reason I found it okay at the end was because Ricky's reaction to the death of Jessi is one of the film's few good moments.

(BTW, I'm 18 and even if I could relate it was just badly executed.)

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I didn't find any of it bad at all.

I've had trouble with douchebags all my life, and we've all had that one chick who knows that we're looking at them and not paying attention to class.

"Now I know who ordered sausage lovers."

I lold.

Then again, like some say, we've never had that in a Predator/Alien film.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I hated the teen drama crap, the movie good have done without that.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 26, 2007, 05:08:04 AM
I didn't find any of it bad at all.

I've had trouble with douchebags all my life, and we've all had that one chick who knows that we're looking at them and not paying attention to class.

"Now I know who ordered sausage lovers."

I lold.

Hell yeah that was a great line.

Saberfox

Saberfox

I don't know, I'm really surprised I found alot of the characters likable..

*SPOILER!*

and I did feel bad for an amount of them when they died.  I'm glad Dallas lives.  His pwn-smack down to Dale was great.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Dec 26, 2007, 05:05:55 AM
Kind of. There's a scene where Ricky is delivering pizza and there's jocks sitting in the living room watching tv making fun of Ricky. Never thought I'd see such a thing in an Alien film, hell even a Predator film. Ridley Scott would be offended.

Then there's the pool scene then that's about it. "Remember Ricky, everything this little slut knows I taught her!"-Dale "Bitch"-Bully to Ricky.

Yeah, I remember those scenes - what a joke.  I never thought I'd say it, but, I'd rather have Paul Anderson writing the script than Shane Salerno.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Any of the teen stuff was 10 times better than:

LOL THESE ARE SERPENTS

WE HAS TO CHOOSE A SIDE, GIVE THE GUARD BACK HIS GUN

Saberfox

Saberfox

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 26, 2007, 05:12:43 AM

LOL THESE ARE SERPENTS

Q.F.T.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 26, 2007, 05:12:43 AM

LOL THESE ARE SERPENTS

I'd have that over crappy, cliched teen drama in an alien and predator movie anyday.

That Yellow Alien

Still sounds like it sucks balls.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 26, 2007, 05:14:38 AM
I'd have that over crappy, cliched teen drama in an alien and predator movie anyday.

Again, all back to the script. Did we need teens in an AVP movie? No.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed