PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 54,201 times)

NickisSmart

You guys should know by now that Ridley is a notorious trickster.

windebieste

Yup.  Absolutely love what he is doing.  He's very consciously driving this forward on the anticipation of 'The Martian' being a big hit. 

Absolutely love it.  Instead of nagging on about the title, I'm embracing it as a new entry in the series.  After all, including Blomkamp's  effort, we are getting 4 new 'ALIEN' movies now.   I don't care that Ridley is making the series his own.  He should have made the sequel to 'ALIEN' in the first place.

Maybe he'll retcon 'ALIENS' as well as anything beyond the original movie.  Now THAT would be something to whine about.  After all, he has been known to say it's not the direction he would have taken the 2nd movie if he was involved. 

I'm so looking forward to see how this all unfolds over the next few years.  Love what you're doing, Sir Scott.  Absolutely love it!

-Windebieste.

Primordial

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 26, 2015, 04:04:36 PM
I meant the one that was implied to have been sent to destroy earth (but never made it because - Aliens) thousands of years ago back when humans fell out of favor with the Engineers. (For killing space jesus or some shit)  I mean - that was obviously what they were implying so as far as we know what what info we have the Derelict from Alien was headed for earth with deadly cargo and crashed on LV-426 around the same time as when the shit hit the fan on LV-223.

Oh, I thought that it was the Juggernaut which was in charge to destroy us ?!
I also had the feeling that the Derelict had been there for a long time, but destined for another planet or moon rather than Earth.

If really it was headed to us, then we are lucky that the Space Jockey did not set the ship on autopilot  :laugh:

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 26, 2015, 10:23:08 PM
Yup.  Absolutely love what he is doing.  He's very consciously driving this forward on the anticipation of 'The Martian' being a big hit. 

Absolutely love it.  Instead of nagging on about the title, I'm embracing it as a new entry in the series.  After all, including Blomkamp's  effort, we are getting 4 new 'ALIEN' movies now.   I don't care that Ridley is making the series his own.  He should have made the sequel to 'ALIEN' in the first place.

Maybe he'll retcon 'ALIENS' as well as anything beyond the original movie.  Now THAT would be something to whine about.  After all, he has been known to say it's not the direction he would have taken the 2nd movie if he was involved. 

I'm so looking forward to see how this all unfolds over the next few years.  Love what you're doing, Sir Scott.  Absolutely love it!

-Windebieste.

And plus - it gives the little guys a voice to. Blomkamp's not the only huge Alien fan (he's just the one with the most Hollywood connections). ;)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Wonder what the title for Neill Blomkamp's move is going to be, what with Prometheus 2 being renamed Alien: Paradise Lost, Blomkamp has said he has a title but that it gives away the plot, his words

"I sent what I wanted as the title to Ridley. It's kinda quite bold, and he was like, 'I really like that.' So I'm gonna test it, I don't think it's gonna work, though. I have my own idea but it gives away too much if I say the title. But in the event that it doesn't work, I'm dead in the water..."

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

QuoteMaybe he'll retcon 'ALIENS' as well

That, by extension, would retcon Blomkamp's movie. I doubt he plans to erase a film he has just recently agreed to produce, unless he really wants to stick it to Neill. 

whiterabbit

Super Aliens.

That will be the title of NB's alien 5.

Meaning Scott should have went with Super Prometheus.

SuicideDoors

-Windebieste.

I absolutely share your enthusiasm I think this is an amazing time for Alien purists. For me Alien Isolation got the ball rolling with everything, that restored so much integrity for the IP it was perfect.

I do think Alien: Paradise Lost is subject to a name change though, but that's me being a cynicalist. Bring on the first poster I say!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kelgaard on Sep 27, 2015, 04:39:22 AM
QuoteMaybe he'll retcon 'ALIENS' as well

That, by extension, would retcon Blomkamp's movie. I doubt he plans to erase a film he has just recently agreed to produce, unless he really wants to stick it to Neill. 

Yeah, I doubt Fox would let him retcon the most popular entry in the franchise. Killing-off Hix 'n N00t almost resulted in rioting and general public unrest back in the day.

Not sure what Scott's thoughts are with regards to Alien 3. His son worked on it and Scott also visited the set during production.

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Sep 26, 2015, 11:11:22 PM
Oh, I thought that it was the Juggernaut which was in charge to destroy us ?!
I also had the feeling that the Derelict had been there for a long time, but destined for another planet or moon rather than Earth.

The Juggernaut in Prometheus was in charge to destroy humanity. Who knows what the Alien derelict story was, it's still a mystery - at least for now.

QuoteIf really it was headed to us, then we are lucky that the Space Jockey did not set the ship on autopilot  :laugh:

In the original Alien: Engineers script it was one and the same ship. It was also already on autopilot and on it's way to earth with the Engineer/Pilot already dead. That is why the Magellan (which would later become the Prometheus) had to ram it out of the sky. Simple eh?  :)

System Apollo

I really hope that the universe doesn't tighten to the point where we can't make any sensible stories with the Predator crossover...

Kipsy

Just what the original film actually doesn't need; explanation. It's gonna water down the effect of the original Alien.

Valaquen

On the other hand it's the only other ALIEN film that he's praised.

NickisSmart

-Windebieste.

^

Ridley is in charge, now, boys. I couldn't be happier! XD

hfeldhaus

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 27, 2015, 01:37:32 PM
I really hope that the universe doesn't tighten to the point where we can't make any sensible stories with the Predator crossover...

.... LOL

They should have it so a character breaks the fourth, looking at the camera and say 'Predator does not exist in the Alien universe'

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Sep 27, 2015, 07:01:00 AM

-Windebieste.

I absolutely share your enthusiasm I think this is an amazing time for Alien purists. For me Alien Isolation got the ball rolling with everything, that restored so much integrity for the IP it was perfect.

I do think Alien: Paradise Lost is subject to a name change though, but that's me being a cynicalist. Bring on the first poster I say!

I agree entirely.  However epic and classic the original films are, calling them together a 'saga' akin to Star Wars was weak at best.  Blomkamp and Ridley have an opportunity to really create something that truly makes the Alien universe come to life (or death, I should probably say).  Since the late 90s at least, AVP has become little more than an ever-circling world of cliches and repetitive plots; I seriously think that the circle is not only about to be broken, but shattered.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed