PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 54,200 times)

szkoki

it will change like seasons. but who cares about the title? Prometheus sounded well, ended up as a fail.

marrerom

The title is great.  Shows what direction they are moving in.  I'm really interested in this new breed of Alien Ridley is going to introduce.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: marrerom on Sep 24, 2015, 10:12:53 PM
The title is great.  Shows what direction they are moving in.  I'm really interested in this new breed of Alien Ridley is going to introduce.

Same, new breeds of alien are always interesting to me.

As for the title, I like it and yet I can see why it raises concerns in other people. Especially as some of you said, it's been confirmed that this sequel may deviate even further away from Alien.

But things are subject to change, so who knows what the final film will actually be like. It depends on what they meant by the whole deviating further away, I don't remember reading anywhere that they would completely avoid Alien related things all together. So it might still have some connectivity.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Why not just call it Prometheus 2? This is going to be so confusing when we have Alien 5 coming out.

T Dog

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 24, 2015, 11:55:17 PM
Why not just call it Prometheus 2? This is going to be so confusing when we have Alien 5 coming out.

Well I suppose they are just branding this as Alien now. Who knows whats going on with Blomkamp's movie

Jarac

Certainly did not expect this bit of news. I thought Scott purposefully wanted to distance Prometheus from the Alien franchise. Did something change?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's an alien movie... I mean my goodness for all we grip we're getting a lot of content in movies, comics and games. Why are so many of us complaining about this?

Remember, Prometheus started because Ridley wondered why no one ever asked what that space jockey was. So he decided to tell a movie about it and Scott always thought the alien was a bioweapon. What started off as a generic alien movie branched out into epic territory and got the name Prometheus. However the idea got way the f**k too big and out of hand, so we got what we got in Prometheus. Yet the man simply forgot that the space jockey is in fact IN alien. It's the start of all the events in the alien universe. Yes, Prometheus is a prequel. Adding Alien to the title merely brings it home to it's roots.

RakaiThwei

I really thing Paradise or just Paradise Lost should've sufficed enough, the tacking of the Alien title just makes it feel like it's meant to draw in more audiences in the seats. Financially, that does make sense but it just feels... forced.

david8

In Paradise Lost, Satan and his fellow fallen angels planned to poison earth and God's favored creation - man. If the engineers on 223 are indeed fallen angels then they weren't responsible for the creation of man. Thus having Paradise Lost in the title already implicitly answers alot lol

Ratchetcomand

Calling it Prometheus 2: Paradise Lost would have been nice and better too.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 25, 2015, 01:59:05 AM
Calling it Prometheus 2: Paradise Lost would have been nice and better too.

Agreed. I mean we're told so many things, that it's not going to feature the Xenomorphs and instead a different creature.. that we're going to be getting away from Gods and Dragons, it looks like history is repeating itself with the whole saying one thing, and then doing another.

Perfect-Organism

I'm very excited.  Just hope this has no negative side effects on alien 5.

hfeldhaus

Beatnation

I just hope think twice instead let Blomhack erase the masterpiece that is Alien 3 -Assembly Cut- in favor of wet fan-fiction, if Blomhack can't think a a way to tell a new story without erase the prior movies then he doesn't deserve write/direct an Alien movie.

DaddyYautja

didnt he just say that he wasnt going to tie it to Alien till film four and bam! This movie is now going to be called Alien something, something. . .

come on.

Seriously, this series is quickly taking over the worst spot of the Alien/Pred franchise.

Why are there 3 more movies from this thing coming up? Did Scott actually find the devil and sold his soul?
And the devil was like, "MWA AHAHHAHAHHAHA! Make a reference to me in one of the titles. MWA HAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAAA!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed