PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 54,197 times)

CainsSon

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 30, 2015, 06:41:42 PM
Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Sep 30, 2015, 06:07:46 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 30, 2015, 04:18:00 AM
How the series was referred to as Aliens by just about everyone and now its Alien.. ::)
Well that's just the way it should be. 8)

I think the Aliens logo is infinitely better and more recognizable with the franchise than the Alien logo.

What's most recognizable to me is the full space between the letters. A L I E N S or A L I E N or whatever. I also prefer the I without the light bleeding through it but that's just me. I'm not saying one is better or worse.

Perfect-Organism

I just set up a separate thread about the Alien vs. Aliens logo under the Alien films section.  You can vote for your favorite logo also.

PRJ_since1990

We all want these new films to do justice to the ones that came before. We don't need an attempt to usurp them, discredit them or make them obsolete.

One more thought: be grateful this franchise isn't dead and we're getting new films.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Sep 30, 2015, 08:58:58 PM
We all want these new films to do justice to the ones that came before. We don't need an attempt to usurp them, discredit them or make them obsolete.

One more thought: be grateful this franchise isn't dead and we're getting new films.

I for one, among many want alien 3 and alien resurrection to be obsolete.  But I am grateful we have whole wack of new alien films coming.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 30, 2015, 04:18:00 AMHow the series was referred to as Aliens by just about everyone and now its Alien.. ::)

But it is the Alien franchise. Out of all the films, how many have an 's' on the end of the word?

Only the comic books were based exclusively on Aliens.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 01, 2015, 08:16:22 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 30, 2015, 04:18:00 AMHow the series was referred to as Aliens by just about everyone and now its Alien.. ::)

But it is the Alien franchise. Out of all the films, how many have an 's' on the end of the word?

Only the comic books were based exclusively on Aliens.

It is the Alien franchise now.  Again I guess.  But for decades, we've had not just comics, but novels, video games, toys, board games, models, you name it under the aliens banner.  I can understand with Ridley picking up the reigns that he is pushing in this direction, but I am just making an observation.

whiterabbit

I was just thinking about how in a couple of years we could be in theaters watching the ALIEN : PARADISE LOST text materialize on screen the same way ALIEN it did in 1979. Yet instead of the world being Calpamos; it's the engineers home world. Seemingly barren and empty. Got a reason to live!

Alien³

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 01, 2015, 12:30:43 PM
It is the Alien franchise now.  Again I guess.  But for decades, we've had not just comics, but novels, video games, toys, board games, models, you name it under the aliens banner.  I can understand with Ridley picking up the reigns that he is pushing in this direction, but I am just making an observation.

The merchandise for sure was all branded under the Aliens because it was more marketable in terms of selling to younger audiences, but Alien³ wasn't called Aliens³ or Aliens: Resurrection. It has always been the Alien franchise.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 01, 2015, 02:23:42 PMThe merchandise for sure was all branded under the Aliens because it was more marketable in terms of selling to younger audiences, but Alien³ wasn't called Aliens³ or Aliens: Resurrection. It has always been the Alien franchise.

This.

NickisSmart

Well, you can call iit what you want, but Aliens has sold far more games and comics and art than Alien has, as far as the franchise is concerned.

Perfect-Organism

Um, I set up a separate thread for this convo...

Anyway, I think it's ridiculous to say that the Aliens logo is somehow junior.  I think the ALIEN logo is definitely horror and creepy somehow, but ALIENS is now the epitome of a science fiction logo.  How many times has the ALIENS logo been copied whether for spoof or otherwise?  The blue color of the ALIENS logo which clearly comes from James Cameron's own color sensibility is what has driven the science fiction aesthetic for decades now.

Alien³

Quote from: NickisSmart on Oct 02, 2015, 05:19:28 PM
Well, you can call iit what you want, but Aliens has sold far more games and comics and art than Alien has, as far as the franchise is concerned.

True, but Aliens came from Alien, ergo its the Alien franchise not the Aliens franchise. No matter how much merchandise comes out with the Aliens logo slapped on it.

The origins haven't shifted because of a logo :laugh:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Sep 29, 2015, 11:41:48 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 29, 2015, 08:31:25 PM
So I guess that last part basically seals the deal that Xenos are a created weapon.

Unless they're talking about the Deacon...which I don't think is the case.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about Deacon, as that was the creature (its facehugger, anyway) that Shaw encountered on the ship.

Shaw never saw it.

(Point taken about the Trilobite, though)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 02, 2015, 06:12:42 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Oct 02, 2015, 05:19:28 PM

True, but Aliens came from Alien, ergo its the Alien franchise not the Aliens franchise. No matter how much merchandise comes out with the Aliens logo slapped on it.

The origins haven't shifted because of a logo :laugh:

By that rationale, we should call it the "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" franchise instead of the "Bladerunner" franchise?

Gash

More like calling Blade Runner the 'Soldier' franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed