PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 54,198 times)

CainsSon

Quote from: pred169 on Sep 29, 2015, 03:02:36 PM
It's all a bunch of misdirection. That's the one thing about ridley I never cared for. Either he's always drunk as a skunk, crazy as a lab rat, or he is the king of misdirection and misinformation. Everytime he talks he contradicts what he said in the previous interview. It's ridiculous. I've given up watching his interviews and pretty well come to the conclusion that if he is at the helm I'll just have to wait to see what it's about. Because I sure as hell ain't gonna find out the details from his interviews.

I can understand why you feel this way. There were two things going on during the rounds fro PROMETHEUS which caused this. First, Ridley is not the most articulate guy. Its taken me a while to get used to his vernacular. This whole 'connection to Ripley' business is an example of the problem with it. He means to say, events in this film link up with Ripley's story somehow. He says he is 'coming at her story through the backdoor.' The man speaks in metaphors. He is vague by default, but this is likely a testament to his creativity.
Second, when Prometheus was about to shoot, they were designing, building sets and even the cast was working from the Spaihts script and Damon Lindelof's rewrite had to work within the parameters of already having a great deal of Preproduction and set building and Production Design already finished, so the info being reported was in flux as it was being asked about by the press. It created confusion.

I think, they realized what trouble this caused. Because they had the script finished long before. They also had the rewrites done, long before they started designing anything.

Also from the gist of what he is describing, Paradise Lost tie-ins and all, I think I finally understand much of what was happening in Prometheus, so it will begin righting wrongs, I believe.

pred169

Quote from: CainsSon on Sep 29, 2015, 05:52:15 PM
It's all a bunch of misdirection. That's the one thing about ridley I never cared for. Either he's always drunk as a skunk, crazy as a lab rat, or he is the king of misdirection and misinformation. Everytime he talks he contradicts what he said in the previous interview. It's ridiculous. I've given up watching his interviews and pretty well come to the conclusion that if he is at the helm I'll just have to wait to see what it's about. Because I sure as hell ain't gonna find out the details from his interviews.

I can understand why you feel this way. There were two things going on during the rounds fro PROMETHEUS which caused this. First, Ridley is not the most articulate guy. Its taken me a while to get used to his vernacular. This whole 'connection to Ripley' business is an example of the problem with it. He means to say, events in this film link up with Ripley's story somehow. He says he is 'coming at her story through the backdoor.' The man speaks in metaphors. He is vague by default, but this is likely a testament to his creativity.
Second, when Prometheus was about to shoot, they were designing, building sets and even the cast was working from the Spaihts script and Damon Lindelof's rewrite had to work within the parameters of already having a great deal of Preproduction and set building and Production Design already finished, so the info being reported was in flux as it was being asked about by the press. It created confusion.

I think, they realized what trouble this caused. Because they had the script finished long before. They also had the rewrites done, long before they started designing anything.

Also from the gist of what he is describing, Paradise Lost tie-ins and all, I think I finally understand much of what was happening in Prometheus, so it will begin righting wrongs, I believe.
You make some valid points but it's not just prometheus I refer to. He has done this in several other films as well. I honestly believe he does it as a form of misinformation to keep leaks to a minimum as well as keep people po drink what is gonna happen in the film. His films have been known to purchase the rights to two or three different Web addresses and promote different film titles just to throw people off. Michael Bay does the same thing. I agree I think it's part of his creative minds way of keeping us interested. I just feel his way of doing it is a bit more mad hatter-ish.
He reminds me of pinochio in shrek. "Do you know where shrek is"... "weeeelll... I don't necessarily not know where he may or may not be  at this moment compared to where he isnt". The whole way he does it is just frustrating and comical at the same time. That's why I say it really doesn't bother me at this point.

CainsSon

Quote from: pred169 on Sep 29, 2015, 06:01:47 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Sep 29, 2015, 05:52:15 PM

You make some valid points but it's not just prometheus I refer to. He has done this in several other films as well. I honestly believe he does it as a form of misinformation to keep leaks to a minimum as well as keep people po drink what is gonna happen in the film. His films have been known to purchase the rights to two or three different Web addresses and promote different film titles just to throw people off. Michael Bay does the same thing. I agree I think it's part of his creative minds way of keeping us interested. I just feel his way of doing it is a bit more mad hatter-ish.
He reminds me of pinochio in shrek. "Do you know where shrek is"... "weeeelll... I don't necessarily not know where he may or may not be  at this moment compared to where he isnt". The whole way he does it is just frustrating and comical at the same time. That's why I say it really doesn't bother me at this point.
Nice comparison to Pinnochio in Shrek. Whatever led us to this point we are basically on the same page since I also find it somewhat frustrating and comical at this point. I just think maybe, hopefully, I've learned to discern some things from it that I haven't been able to before.
I also think he does some of it on purpose so we are in agreement there as well.

Darkness

New interview on Yahoo: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-on-bringing-the-1267400533827638.html

QuoteAnd Prometheus 2 will be a continuation of the story?
Of course. Have you ever read Paradise Lost, by Milton? In a funny kind of way, it's an interesting basis for the darkness of [Prometheus 2]. Where the good-looking guy, who is evil as s–t, gets all the girls and goes to the nightclubs. The other guy, who is not quite as good-looking, is boring as hell and stays home. So in a funny kind of way, we used that as the basis for it, it'll be Alien: Paradise Lost. Which is very spooky, because it continues after the last one, where Elizabeth Shaw [Noomi Rapace] says, "I wanna go where they came from." And you've got Michael Fassbender in two parts, so she'll slowly put him back together. They will go to the world of the Engineer.

To the core of that planet.
That's where they're going to go. They will find out who would design such an awful bio-mechanoid creature, like a massive piece of bacteria.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So I guess that last part basically seals the deal that Xenos are a created weapon.

Unless they're talking about the Deacon...which I don't think is the case.

T Dog

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 29, 2015, 08:12:14 PM
New interview on Yahoo: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-on-bringing-the-1267400533827638.html

QuoteAnd Prometheus 2 will be a continuation of the story?
Of course. Have you ever read Paradise Lost, by Milton? In a funny kind of way, it's an interesting basis for the darkness of [Prometheus 2]. Where the good-looking guy, who is evil as s–t, gets all the girls and goes to the nightclubs. The other guy, who is not quite as good-looking, is boring as hell and stays home. So in a funny kind of way, we used that as the basis for it, it'll be Alien: Paradise Lost. Which is very spooky, because it continues after the last one, where Elizabeth Shaw [Noomi Rapace] says, "I wanna go where they came from." And you've got Michael Fassbender in two parts, so she'll slowly put him back together. They will go to the world of the Engineer.

To the core of that planet.
That's where they're going to go. They will find out who would design such an awful bio-mechanoid creature, like a massive piece of bacteria.

My hope is that if he is using the words "Biomechanoid" than that might signal a return to the more heavy duty Giger aesthetics that were sorely missing in Prometheus' sets and most of it's creatures.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: The Shuriken on Sep 29, 2015, 08:31:25 PM
So I guess that last part basically seals the deal that Xenos are a created weapon.

Unless they're talking about the Deacon...which I don't think is the case.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about Deacon, as that was the creature (its facehugger, anyway) that Shaw encountered on the ship.

Gilfryd

I was thinking the Blomkamp film would be Alien: Subtitle while Scott's 'prequels' would continue with P titles (Paradise, Purgatory, Pandemonium, etc.).

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Gilfryd on Sep 30, 2015, 02:33:37 AM
I was thinking the Blomkamp film would be Alien: Subtitle while Scott's 'prequels' would continue with P titles (Paradise, Purgatory, Pandemonium, etc.).

Pandorum (sorry I couldn't resist).

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Sep 30, 2015, 02:48:22 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Sep 30, 2015, 02:33:37 AM

Pandorum (sorry I couldn't resist).

LOL

I am wondering; in the future, I wonder if Prometheus will be renamed Alien: Prometheus, just as First Blood became Rambo: First Blood in response to the sequels.

Perfect-Organism

How the series was referred to as Aliens by just about everyone and now its Alien.. ::)

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 30, 2015, 04:18:00 AM
How the series was referred to as Aliens by just about everyone and now its Alien.. ::)

That was more due to the extreme popularity of the Aliens franchise in the 90s, and the fact that most of the media then reflected the vibe of the second film.

D. Compton Ambrose

Well that's just the way it should be. 8)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Sep 30, 2015, 06:07:46 PM
Well that's just the way it should be. 8)

I think the Aliens logo is infinitely better and more recognizable with the franchise than the Alien logo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed