PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 54,204 times)

hfeldhaus

The link to Ripley might be purely a course of events that are going to be set in motion. Like the Derelict crashing and the beacon being turned on.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 26, 2015, 02:43:27 AM
The link to Ripley might be purely a course of events that are going to be set in motion. Like the Derelict crashing and the beacon being turned on.
That would be better in my opinion.

marrerom

Far too early to make any critical judgements on this.  However, I am feeling optimistic that the Prometheus sequels as well as Blomkamp's Alien film are all being planned out with a cohesive narrative in mind to tie the series together.

Born Of Cold Light

I'm not sure if some of you people are quite letting this sink in quite enough; we have an Alien, not Prometheus but Alien, movie being directed by Ridley Scott that will explore the origins of the stuff from the first film and is being carefully planned to fit into a wider narrative that could lead to a resurgence of the Alien franchise.  Unless the movie absolutely blows chunks, this is literally the answer to all our post-Resurrection/AVP prayers.

Ephemer Nine

My opinion on this really depends on what this Ripley link is. I think I side with the crowd that wished to see more of the 'Prometheus' world. Of course, tying it to 'Alien' is by no means a bad thing, but I would be more for a discret connection, like Scott originally envisioned.

Well, I hope they don't imply that the events from 'Prometheus' lead directly to the creation of the xenomorph...That would honestly ruin the creature's grandiosity and mystery.

In the end, I still find myself optimistic.

Alien³

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 01:39:53 PM
And I don't see why they'd do that if the decision's been set in stone like some fans are saying.

It gets people talking.

Corporal Hicks

Alien³

Bat Chain Puller

I was under the impression that the Derelict had been there a very, very long time. Wasn't the word "fossilized" used to describe the being in the chair?

Prometheus implied that it had only been there a couple thousand years.

If it turns out that the ship had only recently crashed before the Nostromo arrives it's going to feel pretty forced, convenient, and the ancient unknown alien horror that had supposedly been there for eons will be bled of it's effectiveness.

Ephemer Nine

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 26, 2015, 11:45:22 AM

If it turns out that the ship had only recently crashed before the Nostromo arrives it's going to feel pretty forced, convenient, and the ancient unknown alien horror that had supposedly been there for eons will be bled of it's effectiveness.
Yes, that's exactly my point. I hope these 'Alien' connections will be much more subtle, distant and don't tread on the original's effect.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 26, 2015, 11:45:22 AMPrometheus implied that it had only been there a couple thousand years.

The one in Prometheus was a different ship on a totally different moon.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Though Scott is changing his mind all the time, I guess this means we will not have to wait for a third or fourth sequel to see a link to Alien. BUT!...beyond that, and whatever the truth behind, I'll take that with a giant sized Industrial sack of gritting salt  :laugh:

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 26, 2015, 12:33:33 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 26, 2015, 11:45:22 AMPrometheus implied that it had only been there a couple thousand years.

The one in Prometheus was a different ship on a totally different moon.

Yep. I know. The one that crashed within the context of the film's time frame (and rolled over Vickers lol)

Besides there isn't thousands of years between Alien and Prometheus (even if that's what you thought I meant) It's only 28 years between the two.

I meant the one that was implied to have been sent to destroy earth (but never made it because - Aliens) thousands of years ago back when humans fell out of favor with the Engineers. (For killing space jesus or some shit)  I mean - that was obviously what they were implying so as far as we know what what info we have the Derelict from Alien was headed for earth with deadly cargo and crashed on LV-426 around the same time as when the shit hit the fan on LV-223.

CainsSon

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 26, 2015, 02:43:27 AM
This is most likely what that tie-in is. The more I read the posts here the more it sparked in my mind that the studio, more than likely want this film to tie into Alien in a way the suits calling the two films a prequel series, because there is a new Aliens sequel coming, and there is also always the possibility that this wont warrant another Prometheus sequel but will warrant a new Alien film. Thats hard to articulate but to put it another way, if this film sticks to prometheus lore without tieing in the alien stuff, and it doesnt do well enough to warrant a sequel, they have closed the door moving forward. If it ties into alien now, as it is, then the doors are open moving forward to take it in either direction or even both directions. So i guess im saying its smart to wrap that angle up now so they can do both. My only concern now is that there are gonna ne too much expansion between blomkamps and this and no way to sustain interest long enough to wrap that all up before some tool tries to throw a predator in there. Side note: im all for avp stuff just as a separate franchise with no connections to the alien franchise.  Also scott directing 2 more Prometheus sequels after this, implies some grandoise mythology he has planned and is maybe kinda ambitious even for him. But who knows what we are in for. Its exciting. That he is producing the blomkamp film gives me hope that there is a singular vision guiding things but id also like to see the films stick to being all very different from each other.

Flexserve

I thought Scott promised (Neil) to stay away from Alien? Now this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed