NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,005 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: StayFrosty on Oct 26, 2013, 01:02:51 AM
Still no pictures of the new Neca Queen, eh? So far this is going exactly how I said it would.....
At some point they said on their twitter page that she was pushed back to 2014 when she was originally scheduled for Christmas release. Sad, but I'd rather they do it right and not rush it out.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Oct 26, 2013, 01:13:26 AM
Quote from: StayFrosty on Oct 26, 2013, 01:02:51 AM
Still no pictures of the new Neca Queen, eh? So far this is going exactly how I said it would.....
At some point they said on their twitter page that she was pushed back to 2014 when she was originally scheduled for Christmas release. Sad, but I'd rather they do it right and not rush it out.

Elsewhere on this board I made a rather bleak post where I predicted this would happen. In the same post I also predicted that Neca's line of Alien figures won't last long before the entire line is cancelled due to poor sales. Call me cold-hearted, but the Marine in series 2 is an epic blunder.

Originally I was going to be generous and predict March for the Queen's release, but now that I know they said "2014" and nothing else, I predict we get the Queen in the 4rth quarter of 2014. Sad. Neca has a lacking effort at all times and poor quality product which is often damaged right out of the package. The only payoff is a good looking product.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I don't think their alien line is going to fail, the windrix marine was a strange call, and imo it should have been an exclusive if anything, but I think him and the rest of series 2 will sell well as well as the battle packs.
I just hope their next marine move is smarter, somewhere along the lines of Vazquez or Drake. I think it'd even be a better idea for them to do the ACM marines before anymore "original" or tribute marines.
Movie characters or game characters are the way to go

Leventa24

Leventa24

Quote from: StayFrosty on Oct 26, 2013, 03:58:54 AM
Elsewhere on this board I made a rather bleak post where I predicted this would happen. In the same post I also predicted that Neca's line of Alien figures won't last long before the entire line is cancelled due to poor sales. Call me cold-hearted, but the Marine in series 2 is an epic blunder.

Couple things. Firstly, I believe that it's already been established via Randy Falk's twitter that the sales for the Aliens figures have been very good so far. We already know from past interactions that he has no qualms about making it known when a particular line is selling poorly or is on the way out. In fact, the line is doing well enough that they have no problems with filling a slot with an "original character" like Sgt. Windrix. This is not something that you do with a failing line. Randy has been quite happy to share with us the plans that they have for the Aliens series of figures, as we already know that we're getting things like Kane, Captain Dallas, Bishop and the Dog Alien in due time next year.

The Queen Alien was always up in the air as far as production and release schedules go. Randy stated numerous times that they had only just recently begun to work on the highly complicated sculpt and that December was looking very unlikely. We'll be seeing the figure very shortly according to him and I'm looking forward to it. The line has shown nothing but positive signs so far.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Here's a cool pic I took of one of my warrior aliens, showing off the awesome poseability.

Leventa24

Leventa24

^ Neat! Cool little bit of scenery for him to perch on there. I'm looking into getting some of the older McFarlane bases and diorame stuff to have some better display pieces. Here is small part of my Aliens Genocide display, with some Red Xenos chillin'.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Sweet pics guys!

Leventa24

Leventa24

Very good news in my opinion. Really hoping for a good sized pack of eggs, or even a diorama piece.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Leventa24 on Nov 08, 2013, 08:34:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/P9jYq2X.png

Very good news in my opinion. Really hoping for a good sized pack of eggs, or even a diorama piece.
So I'm not the only one who asked. Very cool. However, knowing NECA they'll probably include one or two eggs/facehugger(s) in the Alien figures (Dallas, Kane, Lambert) so if you want more you'll have to keep buying the same figure. That, or wait around for a lot to go up on eBay.

Less likely, but more desirable, would be for them to release the eggs in packs like they did with the skulls for the Trophy Wall. Preferably in packs of 3-5 (which I'll buy 10 of anyways).

Master

Master

I think Queen will have some eggs with her.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

it makes sence for the queen to take this long. they do after all have to put in a LOT of detail in this bitch. and with NECA being passionant about detail, I doubt they'll cut any corners. so I hope this means the figure will be amazing in hand!

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Nov 15, 2013, 08:45:14 PM
it makes sence for the queen to take this long. they do after all have to put in a LOT of detail in this bitch. and with NECA being passionant about detail, I doubt they'll cut any corners. so I hope this means the figure will be amazing in hand!
Let's hope so. More like in "hands" since she'll be big!

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

No matter the delay, if that means a gorgeous Alien Queen figure as McFarlane that worth the price then go ahead NECA, just take your time.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Gridseeker on Nov 16, 2013, 05:52:12 PM
No matter the delay, if that means a gorgeous Alien Queen figure as McFarlane that worth the price then go ahead NECA, just take your time.

Good Lord I hope its BETTER then the McFarlane's queen. and I see what you mean. McFarlanes is always over priced. and IMO the figure doesn't look all that appealing to me. the one issue I think we'll have with the queen is stability. like all other alien figures, due to it being so top heavy and having those spindly limbs and a huge body. it will be very unstable in terms of balance. unless you like your queen to stand like the 1915 classic T-Rex Posture. (although to be fair that would be cool and imposing instead of the vertical stance the queen has) but the figure will be realy difficult to keep standing. Hopefully NECA will offer a stand, similar to a Tamashii display stand, one with an arm or two to hold the figure to stand. I don't mind if its out of place, but I'd rather the figure not topple over and bust to peaces.

Shadow

Shadow

give us a piece of colony floor and eggs as stand

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed