The Predator Will Set Up 2 Sequels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2018, 09:08:36 PM

Author
The Predator Will Set Up 2 Sequels (Read 14,222 times)

Nathsp

Nathsp

I hate the idea of many movies to show that the new thing is better it has to smash the old one, no, show your value, at least in predators the classic do something even it has benn tied for what seems long time.
In fact as many times i said, the movie without the upgrade crap looks more interesting for me.
And i really hope black respect the rules from the old movies, all the hunting culture, because the dna splicing conquering worlds sounds like crap

BishopShouldGo

Shane Black so wants to have a crack at an AvP film. I'm down with that. ;D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 21, 2018, 05:54:12 AM

...What? Where... Where do you get that from?

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 21, 2018, 07:52:31 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 21, 2018, 05:54:12 AM

...What? Where... Where do you get that from?
All I heard was he said AVP happened and it's not dead when they where on the Panel in Hall H

BishopShouldGo

Yeah he said "I don't think AvP is dead yet, do you?"

I admit I may have overreacted. But the way he said it, sounds like he thinks it's a cool idea. Wouldn't be surprised if he has thought about it.

Still Collating...

We first need to see how this movie plays out.
If it's not that good, I really do not want to see him make an AvP on Earth in the present, and if we're unlucky, Upgraded preds vs Upgraded aliens. I know there's nothing to indicate he would do that, but that is my worst case scenario of bad ideas and we still have to see if he did right by The Predator.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 21, 2018, 10:10:55 PM
We first need to see how this movie plays out.
If it's not that good, I really do not want to see him make an AvP on Earth in the present, and if we're unlucky, Upgraded preds vs Upgraded aliens. I know there's nothing to indicate he would do that, but that is my worst case scenario of bad ideas and we still have to see if he did right by The Predator.

For me, the problem is more along the lines of, "the avp movies were terrible, adding copious amounts of shane black humor will merely make a potentially terrible film just that much worse". I'd love another avp, but not if it's about 2 guys in some small town making dick jokes while aliens stalk them through a cornfield. We might wind up in Eric Red territory.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Hell, that almost sounds like a Kevin Smith movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 21, 2018, 04:27:00 PMYeah he said "I don't think AvP is dead yet, do you?"

I admit I may have overreacted. But the way he said it, sounds like he thinks it's a cool idea. Wouldn't be surprised if he has thought about it.

To me it sounded more like him saying Fox are considering something in the future. Not that he'll personally be involved.

Hell, maybe Fox even prodded him to tease it to see what kind of reaction it gets.

skull-splitter

Realistically, he's just saying it still has potential, nothing more.

Still Collating...

Well, I'm all for a new AvP movie, just done right this time. I would really like it to be not on present day Earth this time around and the only thing I insist is it be better than AvP:R, I hope that's not too much to ask. :P

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 23, 2018, 11:08:21 AM
the only thing I insist is it be better than AvP:R, I hope that's not too much to ask. :P

1 person with a cellphone and some neca figures could've made better movies than the two we've got so far.

Lionhart

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 23, 2018, 11:37:18 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 23, 2018, 11:08:21 AM
the only thing I insist is it be better than AvP:R, I hope that's not too much to ask. :P

1 person with a cellphone and some neca figures could've made better movies than the two we've got so far.

Good one :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed