[SPOILER FREE] Another review

Started by vehtam, Dec 19, 2007, 09:21:29 PM

Author
[SPOILER FREE] Another review (Read 24,087 times)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: SiL on Dec 20, 2007, 08:30:09 PM
Or maybe he doesn't make much of a mention of the Predator because there's nothing to complain about for him. He looks good, he acts good, he kicks ass.

then his review could've been at least half-positive instead of being wholly negative

I'll admit the general disdain alien fans have for the predator franchise contributes to my opinions

Gacu666

Gacu666

I'll tell you why he didn't mention so much about the Predator (but in my opinion he says just about enough).

Originally my review was supposed to be from a Predator fan of view and JA's was supposed to be the opposite.

Combine them together and voila ^^.

mightydreadlock

QuoteAlien is a B-movie shot as an A-movie.

True

QuoteHow is Alien not sophisticated?

It is but the design of the xenomorph creature is pure art, i don't think the movie in a whole is on that level.

QuoteIt does everything perfectly, it sets up mood and tension like no other film like it.

Pretty good yes, all i was actually saying is that Alien is by no means any higher form of art compared to predator. They have a very different tone and work on completely different level.

Quotequote by SIL: What have Predator fans got to complain about?

Allot, a very bad film for one thing. Plus: a homeworld that looks like Star wars, stripping the predator from it's tribalism, bad ship design etc...etc

QuoteAdd to that your typical Pred fan isn't looking for a good movie, just action.

Maybe the 12 year old videogame geeks, not older fans of the original movie.

That Yellow Alien

That your opinion, but me personally, Predator is not even close to Alien. It's a fun testosterone-filled action movie, that's it.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 12:30:39 AM
That your opinion, but me personally, Predator is not even close to Alien. It's a fun testosterone-filled action movie, that's it.
Alien is a horror movie, you can't really comapre the two.
Alien is the best in its class (Sci-fi horror)
And Predator is the best in it's own (Sci-Fi Action)

That Yellow Alien

Aliens is sci-fi action, and it beats Predator so bad, both in action and character development.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 12:33:56 AM
Aliens is sci-fi action, and it beats Predator so bad, both in action and character development.
Aliens is more of action/horror and less of an eighties action movie...Predator is probably the best eighties action movie with a sci-fi twist

mightydreadlock

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 12:33:56 AM

Not in a long shot, not to mention that there isn't any character development in either. I always found the marines in Aliens to be cheesy as hell. Typical James (Titanic :D) Cameron cheese.

mightydreadlock

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 12:30:39 AM

Yeah, there is really so much more in Alien, that's what i call pretentious. I like Weaver and the creature that's it.

That Yellow Alien

I meant Ripley had character development. You are right, the marines are typical. But the soldiers in Predator were exactly the same, just better organized.

mightydreadlock

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 12:46:28 AM
I meant Ripley had character development. You are right, the marines are typical. But the soldiers in Predator were exactly the same, just better organized.

The soldiers in Predator were over the top, like in a comic book. That made them a really enjoyable bunch of characters. Also they work perfectly together. I can't say that about the marines in Aliens. I'm not really a Cameron fan, can't get into his characters, the Abyss has the same problem in my opinion.

Not saying anything negative about Ripley, i really like that character, Weaver does a great job. She is a good actress.   

That Yellow Alien

I've always said Dutch's squad is better than the marines. They worked better as a team. The marines disobeyed direct orders.

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 20, 2007, 02:13:42 PM

Who said they don't?

Okay, maybe I was wrong, so they are not fist-fighting. But some might say that they are bitch slapping each other!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed