Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 79,024 times)

j0nesy

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 12, 2020, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 11, 2020, 06:08:45 PM
Could just as easily be that Ripley would be there in spirit and not a physical player in the story. Similar to Alien Isolation. She voices the opening, the flight log, and then her voice is sampled for the end credits.

I'd love a connection like that. I'd honestly really like them to do something like Alien Isolation.

If that were the case, she wouldn't have been the primary one approached and given the entire treatment. They could have simply asked her after the fact or just hired the services of a great impersonator.

i agree; from this tiny bit of information, i think we can gleam that ripley featured at least somewhat heavily in this treatment

Huggs

Perhaps Shane Black could make up for his misdeeds by helping to leak this somehow.

Surely the man has connections?

Richman678

That's English for she likes Blomkamps script better.

At first i was on team Ridley. After Covenant I'm now on team Blomkamp. We should have one more Ripley movie before the goddess Sigourney is too old to do one.

Blomkamps oats studios projects were very impressive. It's an unpopular opinion but i really like Chappie too.

Make the Blomkamp movie!!!

D88M

Quote from: Richman678 on Jun 12, 2020, 02:27:07 AM
That's English for she likes Blomkamps script better.

At first i was on team Ridley. After Covenant I'm now on team Blomkamp. We should have one more Ripley movie before the goddess Sigourney is too old to do one.

Blomkamps oats studios projects were very impressive. It's an unpopular opinion but i really like Chappie too.

Make the Blomkamp movie!!!

She did not said that. Blomkamp story felt like a bad fan fiction to me.

MarineHicks023

MarineHicks023

I agree with that.

Probably Ridley Scott sees Alien as a money machine and doesn't care about the story at all. He proved it with Covenant. On the other side, Blomkamp feels to love the series as a fan and there is a probability to create a good movie.

SiL

Scott making increasingly esoteric stories as prequels to sci-fi horror kind of speaks volumes to him not just thinking they're money machines.

SM

Quote from: MarineHicks023 on Jun 12, 2020, 10:03:10 AM
I agree with that.

Probably Ridley Scott sees Alien as a money machine and doesn't care about the story at all. He proved it with Covenant. On the other side, Blomkamp feels to love the series as a fan and there is a probability to create a good movie.

Whedon loved the series too.  So did Anderson.  And the Strauses.

Drukathi

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2020, 11:25:45 AM
Whedon loved the series too.  So did Anderson.  And the Strauses.

Therefore, we need someone who doesn't like the series. Who could it be? Ridley, obviously. And also Fincher?

SM

A filmmaker - one who doesn't preferably rave about being a fan.

Local Trouble

I wonder what someone like Nicholas Meyer would give us.

Huggs

Quote from: MarineHicks023 on Jun 12, 2020, 10:03:10 AM
I agree with that.

1. I wouldn't call it a money machine at this point, and Scott obviously cares a bit too much about the story because he keeps showing us what HE wants to see.

2. Being a fan of something does not equate to artistic ability or increase the odds of a good narrative. Shane black even starred in the first Predator film and look at the absolute mess he made of The Predator.

Adam802

*Sigh.................

Huggs

Quote from: Adam802 on Jun 12, 2020, 03:12:11 PM
*Sigh.................

He's going to fart. I know the signs.

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2020, 02:13:24 PM
A filmmaker - one who doesn't preferably rave about being a fan.

Oh yeah

MarineHicks023

MarineHicks023

I think the story has to be something to expand the lore and also be a good ending for Ripley.
Covenant had a little bit silly story except the Walter/David thing. Shaw was killed for no reason and a very old civilization was killed by a robot.

Last but not least we haven't got an answer for the Prometheus film. Why engineers want to kill humans.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed