Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM

Author
Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche (Read 64,338 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I recommend:
Alien - The Cold Forge
Aliens - Dead Orbit
Aliens - Dust to Dust
Alien - Echo

(& The Predator - Hunters and Hunted is really good but unfortunately it's attached to a trash film.)

I don't know anything about:
Alien - Prototype
Alien - Phalanx
Alien - Infiltrator

The rest ranges from unfulfilling and mediocre to absolute garbage not worth your time. Particularly amongst the last one is Fire and Stone, Life and Death, The Rage War, OotS, RoP and SoS.

Isolation isn't worth much if you've experienced the original, The Predator is just as quality as the film, Covenant Origins is totally white bread and Defiance unfortunately has a meh ending, & a string of meh sequels.

And the unproduced screenplay is messy and doesn't fulfil it's full potential, and isn't nearly as good as the film we got.

Still Collating...

The Rage War trilogy is really fun, loved it, Cold Forge is fantastic, Alien Echo is surprisingly great IMO, Alien Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrows are also good, if you find Bug Hunt on a discount, half of its stories are fun and interesting and If It Bleeds is really good as far as the Predator side of things.

The Old One

The Old One

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Stop liking things I don't like.

But seriously, if something doesn't hold the believability the first three Alien films do, for me it's immediately out.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The only things I haven't liked have been Bug Hunt as a whole (despite having a handful of really good entries) and Isolation. The first Titan trilogy ended up being good, in spite of some mandated issues that detracted. Rage Wars was super fun. Completely different feel to the novels. Found that a huge breath of fresh air. The Cold Forge cannot be praised enough and I do feel pretty bad for every author who follows him as it's a very high bar! Echo I ended up very much enjoying. We're talking generally 7 out of 10s for me. 

On the Predator side, If It Bleeds I can't recommend enough. And Hunters and Hunted was also fantastic, despite some little issues and being tied to The Predator. It's a far better experience than the films.

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Wow, just wow.
Thank you all so much, I've got to write all these down now.
Thanks you all for the info, I might just print this whole string of comments out.
Best community I've been in for avp.
THANKS A MILLION for the info and list of comics and books.

SM

SM

You're quite welcome.

The Old One

The Old One

Anytime you want to ask a question feel free to message me.

felix

felix

Amazon has this pushed back to Dec 29th 2020.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well boo. I would guess that's because the game is also being pushed further back (not that we'd know about it).

I'll check in with Titan to be sure.

Am afraid that's correct.

felix

felix

Hope you all are doing well during this lockdown period.

Xiggz456

Dang that probably means "Into Charybdis" gets pushed back as well  >:(

I just don't see Titan releasing 2 Alien books within 2 months of each other.

Corporal Hicks

Haven't had the chance to watch yet.

j0nesy

j0nesy

here's a recap (thanks for adding the spoiler tag :-[)

Spoiler

• outline took 6 months, wrote novel in 4 months

• had to be approved by fox, titan and cold iron

• protagonist is a scientist; a coward who has to learn to be brave

• some alien designs he created may be used in game

• "not a book about colonial marines," however, retired marines living on station may appear

[close]

Kradan

Kradan

SPOILERS !  :D

felix

felix

Titan has its release date on Oct 20th.

https://titanbooks.com/70242-aliens-infiltrator/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed