Protomorph

Protomorph

Metro: Last Light

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Titanfall 2's campaign

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think I'm around the halfway point in Days Gone.

I gotta say, given the somewhat meh reviews this got when it came out, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Still don't really have the ability to take on more than a few zombies at once so running into/sneaking around massive hordes is as thrilling as ever. Some seriously dark moments in the story too. The characters may all be a bit stock but the performances are really good - especially the lead actor, who's been stellar thus far.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The AVP Monolith Fear mods, Alien and Predator go Silent Hill/Alien Resurrection for PS1/Event Horizon, absolutely glorious.

Stitch

Stitch

Doom 3 VR Edition.

It's Doom 3 in VR with the PS aim controller. It's awesome. What more do you want?

Huggs

Huggs

COD: Ghosts

Wweyland

Wweyland

A bit of Predator: Hunting Grounds.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Halo: MCC
Stellaris
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 20, 2021, 02:46:47 AM
Titanfall 2's campaign
i didn't expect to like that campaign half as much as I did. Lot of fun.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 24, 2021, 02:08:26 AM
The AVP Monolith Fear mods, Alien and Predator go Silent Hill/Alien Resurrection for PS1/Event Horizon, absolutely glorious.

PSYKORE don't get enough love for these.  They kept AvP2 alive for me a couple of years after it flatlined for everybody else. 

There are a couple other solid sp maps released for the game.  There was the AvP movie inspired remake by windbieste, there was the Hadley Hope remake (also by Windbieste?  can't remember) and there was another kind of creepy if nonsensical campaign whose author I can't remember.  You start out in a submarine, get attacked by preds, sea dead people, got to an island, sea dead people, etc. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

World of Tanks

Got myself the Girls und Panzer tank the Panzer I H "Ankou" with the crew voiced by the Japanese cast themselves and as a fan of both WoT and GuP I'm pretty happy with this crossover on a nerdy level.

Also looking to catch up some more because I'm actually newer to the PC version and all my console progress was left behind.

In particular when looking at the tech trees for goals I'm looking at the American Sheridan light tank and T57 heavy tank lines, German Maus super heavy tank and Leopard 1 medium tank lines, British Centurion medium tank and Badger tank destroyer lines, and Swedish tank destroyer line.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

PokeMMO and Yugioh: Duel Links, a bit of both of those mostly. Also some Nuclear Throne thrown in. And of course Skyrim Special Edition (argonian Legacy of the Dragonborn mods playthrough) but not as much this week. I have so many SSE hours on Steam, and I used to play other versions before that. Its safe to say, I've played a lot of TESV:Skyrim.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Returnal. 

It reminds me of that Jon Spaights script where the dude keeps going a little further each time but then dies and has to start over again. 

I couldn't get fully into it because this week I'm on call for my work and its hard to get involved when you might have to drive 45 mins away to do something job related.

Its definitely different.  I've never played a roguelike game before that I can remember so permadeath and having to restart over is something I'm not used to.  Its not like Dark Souls death and return to a checkpoint with all your gear and supplies.  In this game if you die you restart over with only your pistol that you had before you crashed. 

It' really hasn't been super difficult yet, but it IS difficult knowing if you f**kup you have to start over.  That makes a different kind of tension.  On my furthest run I was going back to the shuttle to sleep and turned too early and fell into some water which killed me (it normally sets you back on the edge but since I had no health....)

For some reason I like and dislike the randomly generated environments.  It is kind of cool because you don't really navigate the same path over and over, but you will also never be able to remember enemy emplacements, cover etc except for a very few story based rooms. 

For some reason, despite being NOTHING alike, the game is giving me Alien Trilogy vibes.  I think it is the color scheme and audio/music cues. 

Still too early to rate.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 03, 2021, 03:32:22 AM
Returnal. 

It reminds me of that Jon Spaights script where the dude keeps going a little further each time but then dies and has to start over again. 

I couldn't get fully into it because this week I'm on call for my work and its hard to get involved when you might have to drive 45 mins away to do something job related.

Its definitely different.  I've never played a roguelike game before that I can remember so permadeath and having to restart over is something I'm not used to.  Its not like Dark Souls death and return to a checkpoint with all your gear and supplies.  In this game if you die you restart over with only your pistol that you had before you crashed. 

It' really hasn't been super difficult yet, but it IS difficult knowing if you f**kup you have to start over.  That makes a different kind of tension.  On my furthest run I was going back to the shuttle to sleep and turned too early and fell into some water which killed me (it normally sets you back on the edge but since I had no health....)

For some reason I like and dislike the randomly generated environments.  It is kind of cool because you don't really navigate the same path over and over, but you will also never be able to remember enemy emplacements, cover etc except for a very few story based rooms. 

For some reason, despite being NOTHING alike, the game is giving me Alien Trilogy vibes.  I think it is the color scheme and audio/music cues. 

Still too early to rate.
I'm tempted to get it but there's been some backlash over the inability to pause and resume missions, and the length that some missions can be. I'd get annoyed if I had a 2 hour mission and had to restart from the beginning if I needed to turn the console off.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Enlisted

I've been having a lot of fun with this one, it's what Battlefield V wishes it could be and is Free to Play to boot. I also like how it's different in that it's main mode (and only one as of now because it's beta, 100 player battles have been promised) Squad Mode while only 10 vs 10 is still epic because each player is actually part of an AI squad of about 4-5 troops, watching the Soviets all charging in one big blob at the start of the match while roaring is breathtaking. You can also manage and equip your squads and as you progress you can unlock different types of squads, there is your basic infantry with just rifles, assault infantry, sniper squads, machine gun squads and so on, but from I've seen each squad can only have up to 2 snipers or 2 machine guns respectively and the rest of each squad is made up of troopers with rifles/carbines. Also you can get tanks and aircraft as "squads" too.

It is Free to Play though so where they try to make money is in buying equipment and weapons (individually) and new squad members (not that you ever lose any, but you can fill the empty spaces that are left in your default squads). But from my experience you don't "need" to pay, you can just play the game normally and get rewarded in-game cards or something that act as currency, and honestly I've been having fun without paying up.

Some people may take issue with the fact that your progress doesn't transfer over to other campaigns, the 3 of them being Battle of Moscow, Invasion of Normandy and Battle of Berlin (and more to come) with the each of them having a set of maps, but the more I play the more it makes sense because essentially each campaign is a different time and place in the war and you can only unlock things that are actually from that time period and place, so you won't be seeing any Panther tanks at the Battle of Moscow and in fact the default German tank of that campaign is the Panzer II and off the top of my head I think the last tank to unlock in this campaign is a variant of the Panzer III.

Really though, I had a lot of fun, finally a WW2 shooter I actually enjoy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed