Ridley Scott to Direct Alien Prequel!

Started by Darkness, Jul 31, 2009, 01:34:13 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to Direct Alien Prequel! (Read 24,599 times)

Darkness

Variety have confirmed that Ridley Scott is going to direct the upcoming Alien Prequel movie. Fox have also hired Jon Spaihts to write the prequel. The studio was impressed by his work on two space thrillers called Passengers and Shadow 19.

Twentieth Century Fox is resuscitating its “Alien” franchise. The studio has hired Jon Spaihts to write a prequel that has Ridley Scott attached to return as director. Spaihts got the job after pitching the studio and Scott Free, which will produce the film.

The film is set up to be a prequel to the groundbreaking 1979 film that Scott directed. It will precede that film, in which the crew of a commercial towing ship returning to Earth is awakened and sent to respond to a distress signal from a nearby planetoid. The crew discovers too late that the signal generated by an empty ship was meant to warn them.

This is excellent news about Ridley Scott returning. Thanks to dDave, Aiden, Alien Genesis, Kirkempk, Clayton, and Giger_Incubator for the news.

Spoon

OH YEAH! ALIENS AND PREDATOR are back baby!   maybe we will get another avp in 10 years LOL

Shasvre

What can I say? This is indeed great news!    ;D  

Purebreedalien

*Dies from the awesome*

Lie

Lie

Yes ridley scott awesome im only 18 but i need to have kids so i can take this to this film

tysonstorm

tysonstorm

Finally it looks like Fox have finally pulled their fingers out of their arses. It's only taken them 12 years and the bludgeoning of the Alien franchise to do so.

Rob

Rob

That's good, Scott is Directing as well as Producing the film.   ;D    Spoon What's Predator got to do with this film, its an Alien film NOT an AvP film.

Mick

Mick

Get James Cameron to write and produce and and this movie could be Scifi magic.   ;D  

Space Sweeper

Things I want-   -James Cameron to have atleast something to do with it- it would be so badass to see Scott and Cameron shake hands and put a sick Alien movie out!   -Colonial Marines; I don't care how they get in there, but I just want them there.  -Nathan Fillion; he is one of the best sci-fi actors today- it's hard to explain why, but watch him and you'd see.  -Suits and Mechanics over CGI for the Alien/Aliens; it was so much more convincing that the stupid, shitty AvP ones!   Things I DON'T want to see...  -A CGI overload; that's a given.  -A living Space Jockey; I know everybody wants it- but seriously- how would you fit one of those in without completely taking away from the Xenomorphs? Think about it; it would ruin tention, and mystery.

shinigami

Hell yeah!!!! X3

Mr. Domino

@ Space Sweeper - I just want to see one thing: Doug Jones in the alien suit.

O.W.L.F.

- new avp (game - not movie!!) with a badass trailer - new Predator movie (not remake!! - sequel) with possible major Dutch cameo and a great producer -new Alien movie (not remake!! - prequel ) with Scott directing .......and now tell me.....can there be any possible better combination??????   ;D     >:D     ;D  

crazygoji

YEEEEEEES

frostedone

Thank you!!!!  This made my week. The Alien series is back to the good stuff people! Thank you so much Mr. Scott!!!!

mjacobson

Giger designs and no ADI involvement.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed