Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 147,197 times)

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 05, 2017, 09:03:19 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Aug 05, 2017, 08:39:05 PM
Personally, I think the best way to make lemonade eight the footage that was shot would be:

1. All of the footage filmed for virals remain as virals. No opening with Weyland.
2. Open the movie on the Covenant with Walter.
3. The flashback is 12 minutes long and has all of the Shaw stuff.
You also had great input about the editing. Didn't mean to exclude you. I don't know the best way to make lemonade, but I'm sure there is enough footage to do something more than was done. It's unfortunate.

No way would I ever remove the weyland opening, it's one of the best scenes across either of the prequels and some of the most intelligent dialogue too.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

@bb-15: Let's agree to disagree about this.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 05, 2017, 09:20:33 PM
@bb-15: Let's agree to disagree about this.

Fine with me.

cheers

;)

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Aug 05, 2017, 09:11:03 PM
Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 05, 2017, 09:03:19 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on Aug 05, 2017, 08:39:05 PM
Personally, I think the best way to make lemonade eight the footage that was shot would be:

1. All of the footage filmed for virals remain as virals. No opening with Weyland.
2. Open the movie on the Covenant with Walter.
3. The flashback is 12 minutes long and has all of the Shaw stuff.
You also had great input about the editing. Didn't mean to exclude you. I don't know the best way to make lemonade, but I'm sure there is enough footage to do something more than was done. It's unfortunate.

No way would I ever remove the weyland opening, it's one of the best scenes across either of the prequels and some of the most intelligent dialogue too.
I agree. I'd leave that alone. Though, like I mentioned before I'd add back those 12 minutes with Shaw since their pivotal to the film.

Huntsman

Huntsman

I hope they get to finish this series. My wish would be ending the prequels in a way that neatly sets up Alien. For example, putting the eggs onboard the alien spacecraft and exploring what the distress call was all about.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Aug 04, 2017, 12:15:24 PM
One thing for all of you to ponder on: what if sped-up properties of impregnation came as a result of eggs being directly subjected to accelerant by David as opposed to eggs we know from Alien which might be Xeno-made?

What if every subsequent Xeno born within their own life-cycle was genetically inferior and dilluted version of the "Xeno zero" (which enjoys the benefits of the accelerant the most) that was artificially created by David.

While I don't necessarily agree with the second part of that theory, something ADF mentioned in the novelization was that David has deliberately sped up the life cyle. That's something I could buy into.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Aug 04, 2017, 08:33:39 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 04, 2017, 08:25:37 PM
I think it has less to do with knowing some people like it and more to do with the fact that it has some glaring flaws

That again though is just down to the eye of the beholder. I think it has a few minor flaws but think the good far outweighs them and don't believe it has any glaring ones.

To be told this is just because I'm 'eating it up, yum yum, is incredibly insulting, ignorant and arrogant.

Quote from: SM on Aug 04, 2017, 08:55:28 PM
And sadly predictable.

Some people are incapable or liking or not liking it, without slagging off the opposing view.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Aug 05, 2017, 05:31:05 AM
Yes, It's perfectly reasonable to blame Ridley if the film isn't satisfying to you. So long as you're not saying he's senile or lost it and crap like that then I think it's valid to question the decisions he's made.

Either the films you're cuppa tea or it's not, it's that simple really.

Indeed. Look guys, it makes me sad that I have to come on here and play school teacher so often. We're supposed to be adults. Why are so many of you incapable of acting like that? If you can't disagree respectfully or maturely, just don't interact.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed