Prometheus filming in Scotland - 14/15 January 2012

Started by We must go on, Jan 21, 2012, 10:20:05 AM

Author
Prometheus filming in Scotland - 14/15 January 2012 (Read 18,609 times)

We must go on

A local Paper in Scotland - The West Highland Free Press - has a report and photos of filming by Ridley Scott on the Island of Skye last weekend. The photo shows four helicopters and numerous trailers. There is also a grainy image of Ridley and A.N. Other at work. So, I guess the film is not yet quite finished?

ThisBethesdaSea

Pickups are normal....and I would imagine they're just wide shots maybe?

LarsVader

*.jpg repost

Infected

Quote from: LarsVader on Jan 21, 2012, 03:00:11 PM
*.jpg repost

Looks like false information,
in december or november it was also there with filming.
You can see the same black Sykorsky chopper in the background.
I dont think this is up to date.

ThisBethesdaSea

Just because they're back doesn't mean the information is false....they'd also have to knowingly publish an old image. The date says January 20th on the paper...so unless they're known for out and out lies and falsifying stories, I think it's safe to say this is legit, and they're back there filming pickups.

This is fascinating - I hadnt seen an official confirmation article (with photo evidence) to support the Scotland shoot before.

The intriguing part is this paragraph:

"Scott was overseeing filming of some of the final scenes for his latest sci-fi blockbuster 'Prometheus' in the area around the Old Man of Storr."

The rock formations on the planet surface in Prometheus...

Look a very much like The Old Man of Storr...

Are we going to see a before / after terraforming sequence for the planet in Prometheus?

Kol

Quote from: 180924609 on Jan 21, 2012, 05:58:31 PM
This is fascinating - I hadnt seen an official confirmation article (with photo evidence) to support the Scotland shoot before.

"Scott was overseeing filming of some of the final scenes for his latest sci-fi blockbuster 'Prometheus' in the area around the Old Man of Storr."

Are we going to see a before / after terraforming sequence for the planet in Prometheus?

whoa!  :o
that's quite spoilery.

*fingers crossed* i hope it's not about time travel, i hope it's not about time travel, i jut hope it's not earth!

Squidlovez

Squidlovez

impressive! Great find.
Quote from: Kol on Jan 21, 2012, 06:11:39 PM

whoa!  :o
that's quite spoilery.

*fingers crossed* i hope it's not about time travel, i hope it's not about time travel, i jut hope it's not earth!
It doesn't have to be related to time travel themes. Maybe he just wanted to shot more penis-like rocks for beginning of the film: the creation of the earth, then that's how the earth will look at the end of the creation process. From grey dead-rocky landscapes to all green and alive.

Kol

i hope so...

Wobblyboddle77

Thank god these are not reshoots, one thing i always dread is when reshoots are reported and with fox that's never good news. It looks like just some scenic footage, pick ups fingers crossed.

LarsVader

Reshoots come after the test-screenings.  :P

Wobblyboddle77

Not necessarily, if the director shows a cut of the film to the head and his execs, and there's something they're unhappy with, they can demand reshoots , as obviously it's studios money which is being invested into it. But yes, in most circumstances reshoots are by and large demanded after test screenings, and at times they can result in a better quality film too.

We must go on

Definitely NOT reshoots. I live nearby, and this is the first time that the Prometheus crew have been filming on Skye. There was a report over a year ago that they were scouting for locations in Scotland.

bobkind3

bobkind3

I would imagine "final scenes" simply means final footage to be photographed for the film. As I thought the film had wrapped and cast gone off to other projects this must be 2nd unit stuff. However I'm intrigued Ridley Scott would oversee this, so it does suggest it is important. Is there any link here to the phantom Spanish shoot that was to have happened in January but never materialised? Maybe that was misinformation to avert eyes from here. Maybe he has suited stuntmen jockeys bouncing over the heather after Pinnochio and Jiminy Cricket ;D

St_Eddie

Quote from: bobkind3 on Jan 22, 2012, 02:04:22 PM
Maybe he has suited stuntmen jockeys bouncing over the heather after Pinnochio and Jiminy Cricket ;D

Now, that's a Disney movie I'd pay to see!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed