Alien: Covenant will shoot in Oz - with twice as much Michael Fassbender

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 27, 2015, 10:23:08 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant will shoot in Oz - with twice as much Michael Fassbender (Read 32,690 times)

motherfather

I guess Convic the skatepark builders are involved in creating some of the curved interiors of the flying croissant ship or maybe alien terrain.

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 17, 2016, 01:40:58 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 17, 2016, 07:54:30 AM

Fassbender is wearing a Covenant ship hat. He also doesn't look like he has blond hair. Is this our second David? He comes on the Covenant?

Good morning Corporal. Was already posted in the social media thread yesterday.  :P

It's good to see the original Egyptian winged Weylan Yutani logo again. Prometheus' one just never did it for me.

Wait, so... I can't see it personally but are you able to make out the YUTANI connection from that badge on his hat? For sure?

Vermillion

You guys have got a real hard-on for Fassbender. 

I don't get it. 

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Primordial on Dec 05, 2015, 01:03:06 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 04, 2015, 07:35:50 AM

If it is redundant and time consuming (Shaw dragging David's body and head through another pyramid, or more), they won't expand on it, like 'our first alien' deleted scene when Milburn finds a lifeform and is excited about it (they decided to cut it out because they thought they had to expand more on it, give enough explanations to the audience).
They still could have met halfway and put some short scenes to clear up things : are the other pyramids more or less the same ?
From a pacing perspective, it is interesting to see that them getting out of the Juggernaut is slow action, then the buggy scene is fast action, finally followed by speed of light action with the new ship taking off.

QuoteThat script overall could not decide how real-timey it wanted its events to unfold in.

This is a nice sentence, I'll memorize it !
At the risk of being off topic to it, arrival of Prometheus to LV-223 is 21st december and departure from it is 1st January, say 11 days. But a day overthere surely doesn't match Earth time, taking into account rotation period and orbit around the planet. When Janek says to the lost guys that they are going to fetch them in the morning, it could be the equivalent of few Earth days...

I don't mean to say they should have just shown them going through those other pyramids, so much as I'm saying it seems odd that going through them wouldn't have made for further story developments.
To me PROMETHEUS should have ended with SHAW staring at the sky, when David says "It's not the only ship..."
Then the next film should have been about them trying to leave LV223 and dealing with the Deacon while exploring those other pyramids.
Just my two cents...

Mod note - Fixed the quotes. Corporal Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 18, 2016, 02:41:06 AM
Wait, so... I can't see it personally but are you able to make out the YUTANI connection from that badge on his hat? For sure?

I can't see it exactly but you can definitely see it looks more like the original winged logo of Weylan-Yutani from Alien than it does the Weyland Corporation/Industries from Prometheus.

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 18, 2016, 02:42:33 AM

I don't get it. 

He was the best part of Prometheus. And he's a wonderful actor.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 07:36:29 AM

I can't see it exactly but you can definitely see it looks more like the original winged logo of Weylan-Yutani from Alien than it does the Weyland Corporation/Industries from Prometheus.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/6/6d/Weyland-YutaniOriginalLogo.png/revision/latest?cb=20150716032315

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 18, 2016, 02:42:33 AM

I don't get it. 

He was the best part of Prometheus. And he's a wonderful actor.

Brilliant actor.  Agreed.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 07:36:29 AM

It's definitely the old WY logo from Alien, no doubt about it. Not sure if it will be in the film though, that might just be a crew cap someone cobbled together for those working on the picture. I can't see Fassbender being so unprofessional as to walk around in public with an actual prop from the film on his head.

If it is the actual WY logo in the film then it means two things.

- The merger between Weyland and Yutani has already happened in the ten years since Prometheus.
- The Covenant is a Weyland Yutani ship.

Corporal Hicks

Unless it's not deemed as that big of a deal. Security seems to be really relaxed around this.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 18, 2016, 02:42:25 PM

- The merger between Weyland and Yutani has already happened in the ten years since Prometheus.

Indeed. And how would that effect the story if that's the case.

Immortan Jonesy

So, the Covenant ship has its own David?

Corporal Hicks

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Benjamin Rigby wasn't sure whether he'd get to work with Fassbender. So it seems unlikely there are any other "David's" aboard the Covenant.

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 18, 2016, 08:12:11 PM
Benjamin Rigby wasn't sure whether he'd get to work with Fassbender. So it seems unlikely there are any other "David's" aboard the Covenant.
How can we be sure Ben Rigby is a) on the ship at all or b) not just killed before he has the opportunity to interact.
Its impossible to know whats happening.
Rigby could be a company man who appears on monitors for all we know, or some bizarre Engineer or God even!

As for the hat, it could be crew merch. Productions give that stuff out to crew and they wear the stuff on set. T shirts, jackets, hoodies,... Ive seen backpacks and all kinds of stuff.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 19, 2016, 02:48:34 AM
How can we be sure Ben Rigby is a) on the ship at all or b) not just killed before he has the opportunity to interact.

Because Ben said he had a significant role.

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 19, 2016, 02:48:34 AMAs for the hat, it could be crew merch. Productions give that stuff out to crew and they wear the stuff on set. T shirts, jackets, hoodies,... Ive seen backpacks and all kinds of stuff.

Not sure if it will be in the film though, that might just be a crew cap someone cobbled together for those working on the picture.

TheBATMAN

If we're going by the WY Report; then yes the merger happens in the time frame between these two films.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Good to know. I remember S.D Perry mentioning that certain changes were made to the book in order to accommodate the new film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed