Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 76,172 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

They could release the SDK with:
-Extractor (To open all the content files)
-Map Editor
-Plugin for 3DS file and if there are more plugin support like MAYA, HAMMER, Milkshape, etc. (models)
-Tutorial with basics to do Skins / Maps.
-Game Source Code
-Engine Source Code (maybe partially.)

and the community could easily patch everything they want by their own.
Improving Dedicated Server / Maps / Skins / Mods / Enchantment (graphics) and such things.
It would be the best thing.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 02, 2010, 11:50:45 AM
They Simply can release the SDK with:
-Extractor (To open all the content files)
-Map Editor
-Plugin for 3DS file and if there are more plugin support like MAYA, HAMMER, Milkshape, etc. (models)
-Tutorial with basics to do Skins / Maps.
-Game Source Code
-Engine Source Code (maybe partially.)

and the community could easily patch everything they want by their own.
Improving Dedicated Server / Maps / Skins / Mods / Enchantment (graphics) and such things.
It would be the best thing.

3,2,1... you`re back in the room.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: S.Y.L on Mar 02, 2010, 11:57:26 AM
3,2,1... you`re back in the room.

Point taken.

On the other hand, mod tools would be brilliant for the community. Here's hoping they're released somewhere down the line, when time permits.

Tequila

Tequila

Quotethey simply
There's just so many possibly flakey assumptions in that post it's hard to know where to begin... ::)

Something would be good though, if they can afford the investment.

colarchon

Some_Guy

Quote from: Inglorious on Mar 02, 2010, 12:00:46 AM
As of now, the game is imbalanced. But there's a few easy ways to fix it:

Smartgun Nerf : Smartgun can no longer see an enemy who is standing still, and cannot see through walls. Another way to fix it, would be to give the admin the ability to disable Smartgun.
I agree.

QuotePredator Counter Hit : If a counter hit is initiated on the Predator after blocking his quick attack, it does not knock him down, same as if the Alien Pounces him. Just give us a knock down on counter hit and Alien Pounce.
I personally think that a better solution would be that the Alien can't be knocked down like the Pred instead of making the Pred knock downable, equalize the stun times between the two species. I agree that the Alien pounce should be a knock down, at least on marines.

QuoteSpear : The most useless weapon. Two ways to make it useful and something preferable. Easy way: Spear doesn't decloak when thrown, but when thrown movement is registered on Motion Tracker. Difficult to code but infinitely more rewarding way: The Spear adds additional Melee damage (NOT additional range) between 10-15% increase. Additionally; if a Predator armed with Spear does a focus attack, it will be an instant kill unless the enemy blocks it or of course kills the predator before landing. Think of the cinematic possibilities it would have to focus attack, and spear a dude, but you can't pull off another focus attack right away, you would have the ability to throw it though.
Nah, i don't think the Spear is the worst weapon, what about the flamethrower? Granted it's a bit hard to use but it does have one pretty big advantage over the other Pred weapons that really doesn't work in any other mode than Predator Hunt: no targeting lasers. If there's a Marine camping in a corner, there's no way he's gonna see it coming or dodge it, with all other methods he gets some sort of warning, either the targeting lasers of the SC and Disc or the MT if you're trying to get up-close, although overall it's still worse than the Disc and there's really no reason to use it over the Disc in most situations except honor so i do think it might need a buff. I like the idea of it not uncloaking you, making it a real stealth weapon, considering that it can be pretty hard to hit with it, it might balance it out and actually give it a significant advantage over the Disc.

While i do think that the Spear should be useable in melee, i'd personally prefer it to only be a sort of skin, the Predator's melee is already the strongest in the game so it doesn't really need a buff, i'd really like it if it'd just grant different melee animations and TK's.

Some_Guy

Some_Guy

- In STDM and MSTD the teams should spawn on one location together, it really sucks that when the game starts you need to regroup with your team instead of being like in say COD where the whole team spawns in one location during the start of the game

- The melee "homing" effect needs to get cut and sent to the lowest pit of Hell, seriously it's so unbelievably ******* annoying that when there's no one around you can swing like there's no tomorrow but when there's an enemy around your character decides that ******* leap before actually attacking is absolutely necessary, slowing your LA to pretty much the speed of a HA, i can't even count the occasions where i could have saved my ass if the game didn't have that homing effect

- The melee range, it's perfect in SP so why does the MP suddenly have long-range melee? Predators and Aliens have been able to hit me from even about 10 meters

- The SK's, quite a few times i have managed to turn around and face my enemy before they actually SK me but since they already iniated the Grab animation, they can still SK me even though i'm directly facing them, sometimes i've even managed to hit them with a LA during these moments, in these situations they should attempt a TK instead of just magically turning you around 180 degrees and SK'ing you. They also need to get rid of the insane range on it

- Two things about Predator Hunt, one minor and one major, the minor one is that you have to collect your weapons as the Predator, i perfectly understand this in all of the other modes but in Hunt it's just annoying that you first need to spend some time getting weapons to begin your hunt. The other, major one is the one in which the game stops rewarding you more time when you kill enough people during one life, why is the game punishing me for being good?

- The Disc, make it more like the one in SP on Hard, about 2-3 hits to the body to kill someone, instant death with a headshot or make it cost energy.

- The Alien's stun time, make the Alien's stun equal to the Predator's, you won't knock her down but stun her to give you just enough time to pump her full of lead, just like the Pred

- The Alien pounce, either give it a stun effect similar to the Predator pounce or lose the Predator Pounce's stun

- The smartgun should only show moving targets, not completely still ones. Also lose it's wall-hack

- Not really a game mechanic but the matchmaking sucks, it takes way too long to join a game, at least for me

Valheru

Quote from: Some_Guy on Mar 02, 2010, 02:14:27 PM
While i do think that the Spear should be useable in melee, i'd personally prefer it to only be a sort of skin, the Predator's melee is already the strongest in the game so it doesn't really need a buff, i'd really like it if it'd just grant different melee animations and TK's.

Yeah that's all I was suggesting, not making the pred's melee any stronger...it would simply use the exact same mechanics and range as the wrist blades but just with spear animations, he would use it like a staff and maybe for one of the TK animations he could put his foot on the enemies chest holding them down and put his spear through their head  :o.... ;D

Cheers!

Valheru

Inglorious

Inglorious

Big, gaping problem in multiplayer. You spawn in the vicinity of an enemy player, leading to cheap kills. It works the other way around such as in Domination, you and your team just cleared out a small group, you rally near the totem, and 4 seconds later the same guys you just killed spawn 30 feet behind you and rush in.

I thought FPS today didn't have to deal with this problem.

Try to play Predator Hunt in Jungle with around 8 Marines and spawn as Predator. The odds are more than against you, not only can you spawn just a few feet away from a Marine waiting for you to spawn, but if even if they're not dead ahead, they can still hear you cloak and can camp weapon spawns. What happens is: You spawn as Pred, run away to get weapon, get some breathing room, turn a corner, 5 dudes are right there and 1 guy has smartgun and you die.

Brother

Brother

Yes, the spawn/back killing is ridiculous. A spawn protection that doesn't allow you to attack or take damage unless you get out of it should somewhat solve the problem.

And some of the Domination points have very bad placing - close to the teams' spawns, this needs fixn'.

AJL

AJL

Quote from: Inglorious on Mar 03, 2010, 12:14:47 AM
Big, gaping problem in multiplayer. You spawn in the vicinity of an enemy player, leading to cheap kills...
I thought FPS today didn't have to deal with this problem...

Sure they have over the years come up with solutions for many issues but
remember this isn't a sequel... noo... this is a new beginning... (so we can
expect to see all the lessons of the past forgotten...) ;D

hardwired

hardwired

"- In STDM and MSTD the teams should spawn on one location together, it really sucks that when the game starts you need to regroup with your team instead of being like in say COD where the whole team spawns in one location during the start of the game"

Yeah. Specially for marines. I prefer to be alone as pred, even its hard to manage 2 aliens, cause the instantkillbutton/stealthkill (was managable in AVP2, even you still got a huge disadvantage, so the way it should be.) But preds and aliens are fast and can join each other pretty quick, in opposite to marines. I hope for a no respawnoption/-mode, too.

"- The melee "homing" effect needs to get cut and sent to the lowest pit of Hell, seriously it's so unbelievably ******* annoying that when there's no one around you can swing like there's no tomorrow but when there's an enemy around your character decides that ******* leap before actually attacking is absolutely necessary, slowing your LA to pretty much the speed of a HA, i can't even count the occasions where i could have saved my ass if the game didn't have that homing effect"

"- The melee range, it's perfect in SP so why does the MP suddenly have long-range melee? Predators and Aliens have been able to hit me from even about 10 meters"

I agree, it often takes away the control, sometimes causing fatal situations and the ranges are to high. The focusattack should be enough. At least the range should be shorter

"- The SK's, quite a few times i have managed to turn around and face my enemy before they actually SK me but since they already iniated the Grab animation, they can still SK me even though i'm directly facing them, sometimes i've even managed to hit them with a LA during these moments, in these situations they should attempt a TK instead of just magically turning you around 180 degrees and SK'ing you. They also need to get rid of the insane range on it"

Thats pretty frustrating. I hope they reduce the range and make it a real stealthkill. So no more use as onebuttoninstantkill. The time it takes makes it dangerous to use, but if the stealthkiller doesnt care, it simply changes nothin. Its ok in the SP, but thats one of the most crappy features i ever seen in a multiplayer (sure you can do it somehow in halo, cod and battlefield, too, but the playercharacters in that games are pretty damn slow, compared to aliens and preds).  Its "Mortal Kombat-worthy" (the balance and fightsystem of that game is a joke)

"- Two things about Predator Hunt, one minor and one major, the minor one is that you have to collect your weapons as the Predator, i perfectly understand this in all of the other modes but in Hunt it's just annoying that you first need to spend some time getting weapons to begin your hunt. The other, major one is the one in which the game stops rewarding you more time when you kill enough people during one life, why is the game punishing me for being good?"

Even I prefer preds to play with, I never play that mode. I prefer playin preds in a STDM match, only with preds and rines  ;D

"- The Disc, make it more like the one in SP on Hard, about 2-3 hits to the body to kill someone, instant death with a headshot or make it cost energy."

Yopp, needs a fix, but i like it to punish stealthkillers, so fix both.

"- The Alien's stun time, make the Alien's stun equal to the Predator's, you won't knock her down but stun her to give you just enough time to pump her full of lead, just like the Pred."

I just hope they become equal.

"- The Alien pounce, either give it a stun effect similar to the Predator pounce or lose the Predator Pounce's stun"

Oh, I love the the stun of the predpounce (he is the heavyest character, anyway), but aliens need a counterpart, specially if they hopefully fix the stealthkill.

"- The smartgun should only show moving targets, not completely still ones. Also lose it's wall-hack"

Agree. But I hope they change the sniperrifle, too. In many situations its damn easy to locate preds with it (in combination with the effects, if a predator jumps or sprints and the dustclouds) and its pretty effective at close ranges, if you use it right.

"- Not really a game mechanic but the matchmaking sucks, it takes way too long to join a game, at least for me"

Yes. Just one of the bad things from the casual-effect/consoles-influence. I just hope for the dedicated servers. The betaones are no option for me. There really isnt one map, where i want to fight with 18 players.

colarchon

colarchon

Add more modes:
Defense Mode: 2 - 4 Player Co-Op, Uses Small Maps to try to defend area from nonstop aliens. Ability to have turrets maybe would be fun also in this mode!

Evac Mode: (Twist on AVP 2 Mode) 2 - 4 Player Co-Op. Try to get to end of level, then defend to drop ship pickup for a short amount of time. No extra lives, try to keep each other alive.

Ultimate Hunt Mode: 2-4 Predators vs. 14 -16 Aliens. Try to kill the aliens and take there heads as trophies.

Cover Me Mode: Teams of 2 Players of same species work to defeat other pairs of species. This mode will have rounds where elimination is the name of the game. Winning team gets points and first one to set number wins.

Add more maps: more 18 player ones
Survivor and Defense Mode Maps:
Office Building(Small Area Opens up to Upstairs for two floors)
Bunker (Small Area with opening throughout)
Disco Floor: (From the in game mission)
-----------------------
Evac Mode Maps!:
Jungle - leads into landing pad, defend area till drop ship arrives. Can actually use the existing Jungle map in the game, just close off on end of map, and try to get to the other side 
Hospital - starts you off at bottom floor and have to make your way to the top, defend till drop ship arrives.
Bridge: Long bridge with vehicles, have to get to the other side
------------------------
All other modes:
Disco Floor: (From the in game mission)
LV 426
Nostromo
Fury 161
Subway from Predator 2

More Skins: Ripley, Hicks, Apone, Hudson, pretty much anyone from aliens for the marines
Being able to revive after a wave is completed in survivor mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Better matchmaking
System Link to play local multiplayer (not a huge issue, a minor gripe)
More stats for all modes!!!!!

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: AJL on Mar 03, 2010, 10:02:42 AM
Quote from: Inglorious on Mar 03, 2010, 12:14:47 AM
Big, gaping problem in multiplayer. You spawn in the vicinity of an enemy player, leading to cheap kills...
I thought FPS today didn't have to deal with this problem...

Sure they have over the years come up with solutions for many issues but
remember this isn't a sequel... noo... this is a new beginning... (so we can
expect to see all the lessons of the past forgotten...) ;D

You made my day.  ;)
So true...

ValentineHeart

I created a petition concerning the Alien Auto-Transition issue if anyone is interested in signing it.

The petition concerns the fact that limited auto-transition is forced on the player even with auto-transition turned off, causing players to scale down walls and onto several surfaces simply by touching them. It suggests a toggle function like the one in AvP 1 and 2 to improve player control.

http://www.petitiononline.com/AvP3Bug/petition.html

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed